Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Free Tapatalk Alternative(Almost better)

Tip us?

AspiringPoet
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Free Tapatalk Alternative(Almost better)

Over downloading Mediafire links for the latest version of Tapatalk, I found myself running into an app almost alike.
The app is called Forum Runner.
Two things...
#1. The free version does everything Tapatalk does and more, downfall is you can't post attachments.
#2. The Dev himself told me that in the paid version you'd soon be able to add your favorite unlisted forums.

So should you try? Yes.
I didn't post attachments when I had Tapatalk because the quality had become shot out.

Give a go.

Send from RushDroid 3 using Forum Runner

Sanadrate
Old
Thanks Meter 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspiringPoet View Post
Over downloading Mediafire links for the latest version of Tapatalk, I found myself running into an app almost alike.
Two things...
#1. The free version does everything Tapatalk does and more, downfall is you can't post attachments.
#2. The Dev himself told me that in the paid version you'd soon be able to add your favorite unlisted forums.

So should you try? Yes.
I didn't post attachments when I had Tapatalk because the quality had become shot out.

Give a go.

sorry i rather use tapatalk/xda apps

sorry i rather use tapatalk/xda apps
Judge us not by what we do as inviduals, but what we can achieve as one

CallMeAria
Old
Thanks Meter 291

DONATE TO ME
Well it seemed like a really nice app...right up to the part where I hit 'reply' and it told me that was a premium feature...I don't mind paying for an app but that's such a basic function it should really be included in the free version.

Sent from my LG-P925
Samsung Galaxy SII --CM10.1-- Sold
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket --CM10.1--Sold (P.O.S)
Samsung Galaxy S4 --Goldeneye mga --CURRENT
The Following User Says Thank You to CallMeAria For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WeWearFedoras
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeAria View Post
Well it seemed like a really nice app...right up to the part where I hit 'reply' and it told me that was a premium feature...I don't mind paying for an app but that's such a basic function it should really be included in the free version.

Sent from my LG-P925
++1

I used this app for a while and I swear I remember reply working just fine. Then a couple of days ago I tried it after uploading a new ROM and all of a sudden reply became a premium feature... that's garbage.

ROM - CM 11.0
KERNEL - Stock CM

gbswales
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Tapatalk looks nice but?

How can I find out if the forums I use regularly work with tapatalk? With no free lite version it is difficult to know if it s a good investment or not. People keep referring to Tapatalk or XDA but surely the XDA app is just for XDA Dev forums and not for multiple forums (fora?) - I think developers would sell a lot more copies of good apps if they made trial versions available.

Are there any other multiple forum readers out there?

Kaleptik
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbswales View Post
How can I find out if the forums I use regularly work with tapatalk? With no free lite version it is difficult to know if it s a good investment or not. People keep referring to Tapatalk or XDA but surely the XDA app is just for XDA Dev forums and not for multiple forums (fora?) - I think developers would sell a lot more copies of good apps if they made trial versions available.

Are there any other multiple forum readers out there?
Go to the website on your phone and it should pop up a message. If not, then it probably isn't supported.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II w/ DUAL BOOT: AOKP / MIUI

Devices:
LG Nexus 4 - Stock + Xposed
Samsung Captivate - CM 11
Samsung Galaxy S II - AOKP

joriordain
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspiringPoet View Post
Two things...

So should you try? Yes.

Give a go.

I would advise you to try the free BuzzBundle version. It has much more to offer