Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][OCT 1][ICS 4.0.4] aospX 1.0.0-MR1 | IMM76L | Source | WIP

OP existz

12th April 2012, 04:55 AM   |  #2411  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
First, I have to say that this ROM is awesome! I love the feel of it, and it's definitely my preferred DD for the Inspire. Unfortunately I've been having some issues with a couple of games that prevent me from using it. Not sure if anyone else has had these issues or not, but thought I'd mention them and see if it's an issue that has already been addressed, or one that could be.

I would add that my first time running this ROM was with AR25, then upgraded to AR26 when it was released. I originally noticed my issue on 25 with the game Tiny Village, it would freeze up almost every time I played and require a battery pull to restart, or on rare occasions would freeze up then reboot itself. I didn't think much of it at the time and figured, it's an alpha release, so there are going to be bugs.

The sad thing, I've had to revert to ARHD so I could play w/o the freezes. And yes, I'm aware of how sad it is that I'm missing out on this ROM because of Tiny Village, but the darn game has me hooked...

The other issue was with Angry Birds Space, though I have suspicions that it was an issue with the game itself and not the ROM, but I seemed to have an issue with the touch screen when zoomed all the way out. I did not have this problem on my wifes stock Inspire, or my Kindle Fire running CM9...

Well, sorry for the long post... hopefully someone can help me out... I haven't tried AR28 yet, I did notice that with 27 there were some fixes for other games that may also have addressed the issues I've had.
12th April 2012, 04:59 AM   |  #2412  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 7,515

4,558 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdeaton

thought i would share what this guy has done. its a custom touch based installer within the cwm zip. read post 7863. he explains what all he has planned for this new way of flashing roms. its pretty neat. gives you full control over how you flash your rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...13349&page=787

post#7863

Yea Evervolv uses a custom touch installer on their N1 rom, its pretty neat...you can choose different launchers, themes, kernels, addons...etc..all during installation in recovery...kind of reminds you of a Windows installer or something. Might try to dig up some info on it later or something.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA
12th April 2012, 01:53 PM   |  #2413  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 473

725 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman8180

First, I have to say that this ROM is awesome! I love the feel of it, and it's definitely my preferred DD for the Inspire. Unfortunately I've been having some issues with a couple of games that prevent me from using it. Not sure if anyone else has had these issues or not, but thought I'd mention them and see if it's an issue that has already been addressed, or one that could be.

I would add that my first time running this ROM was with AR25, then upgraded to AR26 when it was released. I originally noticed my issue on 25 with the game Tiny Village, it would freeze up almost every time I played and require a battery pull to restart, or on rare occasions would freeze up then reboot itself. I didn't think much of it at the time and figured, it's an alpha release, so there are going to be bugs.

The sad thing, I've had to revert to ARHD so I could play w/o the freezes. And yes, I'm aware of how sad it is that I'm missing out on this ROM because of Tiny Village, but the darn game has me hooked...

The other issue was with Angry Birds Space, though I have suspicions that it was an issue with the game itself and not the ROM, but I seemed to have an issue with the touch screen when zoomed all the way out. I did not have this problem on my wifes stock Inspire, or my Kindle Fire running CM9...

Well, sorry for the long post... hopefully someone can help me out... I haven't tried AR28 yet, I did notice that with 27 there were some fixes for other games that may also have addressed the issues I've had.

between the changes in AR25 and AR28 (an ICS version update, and other major updates to the ROM) I would suggest doing a full wipe, fresh install of AR28 and see if you're still having the problem with the game...if you're still having the problem, do a logcat and post up here for Ex to take a look at
12th April 2012, 06:09 PM   |  #2414  
Thanks Meter: 1

89 posts
Having a few "hanging" isues
Is this a product of ICS not being compatible with all software yet -

Good Messaging - Use this with work and it hangs constantly when choosing a contact name or scrolling a message. Continually get the wait or force close screen.

Monsoon Vulkano - Program having to continually verify install and video pauses often.

I notice a few other apps seem to "hang" at various points. Again, this may be a product of ICS incompatibility, but I'm unsure.
12th April 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #2415  
Flag Alton, IL
Thanks Meter: 1,548

3,287 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by existz

Most likely you will need to edit before compiling.. To be honest I'm not to familiar with the whole decompiling/backsmali stuff (never had to do it since I've always built from full source)..so I'm not sure what all can be edited that way (as I know there's just some stuff that can't be done without compiling.)

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

It has to be done at source level for ease of modding, otherwise you have to decompile apk and mess with smali, and that crap is alien language. Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Youngunn2008 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2012, 09:10 PM   |  #2416  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Nice look!!!!
12th April 2012, 11:19 PM   |  #2417  
Thanks Meter: 35

163 posts
Moved over to the Galaxy Note a few weeks ago..been missing some aospX here lately! haha
13th April 2012, 01:52 AM   |  #2418  
Thanks Meter: 6

12 posts
Request for a few Add-Ons
Hi Existz,

First of all you and you team (If you have one) have been doing a great job with this build.

I have been using this ROM and it has proven good for me after you fixed the mute button ( use a lot while on Conference calls and client meetings ).

Can there be a bandwidth for a few Add-Ons like below?

1. Internet Pass-Thru feature.
2. Gingerbread Style Phone layout keyboard for typing messages and emails.
3. FM Radio ( not the internet radio )

Regards,
Adar
13th April 2012, 02:21 AM   |  #2419  
Flag Lufkin, Texas
Thanks Meter: 420

597 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adarpatel

Hi Existz,

First of all you and you team (If you have one) have been doing a great job with this build.

I have been using this ROM and it has proven good for me after you fixed the mute button ( use a lot while on Conference calls and client meetings ).

Regards,
Adar

Not sure if it is what you are looking for, but search the marketplace for Gingerbread Keyboard. It will have the bigger buttons. Works great for me. I don't know about the others.
13th April 2012, 03:16 AM   |  #2420  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 170

520 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adarpatel

Hi Existz,

Regards,
Adar

For FM Radio use Spirit FM app from play store, select ICSPlus in settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bzow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aospx, existz
Previous Thread Next Thread