Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 39,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]Debellare[EC09]

Tip us?
 
KJW979
Old
#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 355
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY area
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan302 View Post
Well I tried Heimdall today over the debinged EC09 and it would not go further until I checked re-partition...doom followed. Well I am back up after several flashes. Hints?
So this isn't working then? I'm currently on the EC09 debinged & debloated. Not flashing correctly over it?
 
mrjake1970
Old
#32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 240
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cleveland
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJW979 View Post
So this isn't working then? I'm currently on the EC09 debinged & debloated. Not flashing correctly over it?
Sorry if this is a tad off topic (but not really) .. ive posted several times asking for help and such with the wife's continuum. i borked it pretty badly about a year ago trying to flash the first ROM's that came out for this. i still cant flash anything fully. i have her "stable" now on this ROM, but things still dont work right.. and i my humble guess is because the CWM port is either missing something or writing something wrong.

for some reason, flashes only seem to "take" sometimes. ive odin'd back to the pure stock and it NEVER erases all the data, and properly resets it. i still cant fully format the system or boot, and when i went from MIUINA to EC07 and to this, it still "held over" files and data even tho i manually tried to erase everything in CWM.

no disrespect intended for the devs who gave us the recovery for this. however i think something is borked in the recovery that flashes something to a wrong partition, or deletes something that is required on this phone.

and believe me, i know the recovery was long in coming, and kanged and ported to the best of the devs ability.. but i really think it has to do with the recovery/flash process - not the roms themselves.

is there a way to get a new CWM ported now that there are a few new solid 5.0 releases for other sammy devices? maybe that can help?
 
KJW979
Old
#33  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 355
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY area
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjake1970 View Post
Sorry if this is a tad off topic (but not really) .. ive posted several times asking for help and such with the wife's continuum. i borked it pretty badly about a year ago trying to flash the first ROM's that came out for this. i still cant flash anything fully. i have her "stable" now on this ROM, but things still dont work right.. and i my humble guess is because the CWM port is either missing something or writing something wrong.

for some reason, flashes only seem to "take" sometimes. ive odin'd back to the pure stock and it NEVER erases all the data, and properly resets it. i still cant fully format the system or boot, and when i went from MIUINA to EC07 and to this, it still "held over" files and data even tho i manually tried to erase everything in CWM.

no disrespect intended for the devs who gave us the recovery for this. however i think something is borked in the recovery that flashes something to a wrong partition, or deletes something that is required on this phone.

and believe me, i know the recovery was long in coming, and kanged and ported to the best of the devs ability.. but i really think it has to do with the recovery/flash process - not the roms themselves.

is there a way to get a new CWM ported now that there are a few new solid 5.0 releases for other sammy devices? maybe that can help?
I believe any phone is like that, even my OG DROID with its unlocked bootloader and all after flashing many different roms always seemed to have problems whether it be a app won't work right, continuous fc's, or laggy as hell. SBFing back to stock unrooted helped some but it was never the same. Always had a problem, I'm just glad I never bricked my phones.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA
Gummy 1.0
 
pattielipp
Old
#34  
pattielipp's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 251
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern Maryland

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjake1970 View Post
Sorry if this is a tad off topic (but not really) .. ive posted several times asking for help and such with the wife's continuum. i borked it pretty badly about a year ago trying to flash the first ROM's that came out for this. i still cant flash anything fully. i have her "stable" now on this ROM, but things still dont work right.. and i my humble guess is because the CWM port is either missing something or writing something wrong.

for some reason, flashes only seem to "take" sometimes. ive odin'd back to the pure stock and it NEVER erases all the data, and properly resets it. i still cant fully format the system or boot, and when i went from MIUINA to EC07 and to this, it still "held over" files and data even tho i manually tried to erase everything in CWM.

no disrespect intended for the devs who gave us the recovery for this. however i think something is borked in the recovery that flashes something to a wrong partition, or deletes something that is required on this phone.

and believe me, i know the recovery was long in coming, and kanged and ported to the best of the devs ability.. but i really think it has to do with the recovery/flash process - not the roms themselves.

is there a way to get a new CWM ported now that there are a few new solid 5.0 releases for other sammy devices? maybe that can help?
There are a few things wrong with everything you did unfortunatly. This rom only flashes the system recovery and kernel. I had it the same way with MIUNIA. I did this so if you came from another rom you wouldn't loose your files.

The next issue is you said you went from miunia to ec07(which is fine) then you went to this.. There lies the issue. I recommend downloading and installing the full ec09 system image located at this link. That is a complete ec09 system image provided by abby nitewolf. It will reset everything and put everything in it's correct place.
Once you flash that, i would reflash this overtop and it should resolve any and all of your issues, assuming you did it correct.
Current phones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - CM10.1
HTC Droid DNA Stock 2.04
Old Phones: Moto Droid X - CM10
Samsung Continuum - EC09 Debloated, Debinged & Deodexed

Samsung Continuum roms:
Miunia
EC09 Debloated & Debinged.
EC09 Debellare
The Following User Says Thank You to pattielipp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
myeweb
Old
#35  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 29
Join Date: Dec 2009
Default links dead????

Hello, I was trying to download your odin files for both Miunia and Debellare and neither one seem to be working.... :/
 
pattielipp
Old
#36  
pattielipp's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 251
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southern Maryland

 
DONATE TO ME
Looks like Dropbox shutdown the links again. Send me a PM and i'll give you the dropbox credentials to log in and download it directly. May be time to pay for it...
Current phones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - CM10.1
HTC Droid DNA Stock 2.04
Old Phones: Moto Droid X - CM10
Samsung Continuum - EC09 Debloated, Debinged & Deodexed

Samsung Continuum roms:
Miunia
EC09 Debloated & Debinged.
EC09 Debellare
 
KJW979
Old
#37  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 355
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY area
Any chance in getting an odin file for this ROM, dl'd heimdall, read instructions but still confused on what to put where.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA
Gummy 1.0
 
Txwolf1980
Old
#38  
Txwolf1980's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 212
Posts: 890
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Huntsville Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJW979 View Post
Any chance in getting an odin file for this ROM, dl'd heimdall, read instructions but still confused on what to put where.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA
I take it that this was after reading my tutorial? If so, and you'd like to work on it, pm me, and we can set up a time to meet in irc.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk 2
 
KJW979
Old
#39  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 355
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY area
Well just borked my phone trying to flash Deballare, going to try and odin back to debloated rom.
 
KJW979
Old
(Last edited by KJW979; 13th April 2012 at 02:45 AM.)
#40  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 355
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY area
If anyone willing to help when attempting to flash this ROM with heimdall I screwed up my phone, attempted to flash back to a stock ROM with no luck. Only thing I can get into is bootloader & recovery, lost root & CWM recovery. Any guidance would be appreciated. Good thing have back up phone as was daily driver.

Edit:Got phone to flash EC09 deoxed & able to boot up.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes