Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][7/9] Android Open Kang Project Fascinate Milestone 6 (4.0.4)

Tip us?

k_nivesout
Old
Thanks Meter 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric bill View Post
has anyone written a howto on building this from source? (no, I haven't read all 107 pages of this thread)

Thanks
There's some good info in the AOKP section at rootzwiki, hopefully you can find some answers there!

Link
The Following User Says Thank You to k_nivesout For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tab22
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The biggest issue I am having is that when in a call, I cannot bring up the dialpad again preventing me from typing in an access code for a conference call .. had to revert to GB to gain this back. It just blacks out the screen when selected. This is on a Fascinate with build 31.

Is there already a fix for this? I search but could only find where others also reported similar issues

bobloblaw1
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab22 View Post
The biggest issue I am having is that when in a call, I cannot bring up the dialpad again preventing me from typing in an access code for a conference call .. had to revert to GB to gain this back. It just blacks out the screen when selected. This is on a Fascinate with build 31.

Is there already a fix for this? I search but could only find where others also reported similar issues
I just hit the dial-pad icon in the lower left hand corner while on a call. It works everytime for me. Surely you have tried that?

dsrhokie
Old
(Last edited by dsrhokie; 13th April 2012 at 12:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29
@Steve...

+1 on the battery charging icon not appearing when I try to charge with the phone powered off. I have yet to try briefly pressing the power button as suggested on the last page, but I will and report back.

Additional battery oddities....when powered on, the battery icon in the status bar does not show that it is charging (even though it is) unless it is plugged into a PC. Also, on multiple occasions I have powered down at 30/40%, and when I powered up 8 hours later or so, the phone is almost fully discharged (2/3%). This has been occurred with 3 different OEM batteries, so it is not battery specific.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Other than these minor oddities, I cannot heap enough praise and gratitude on/for this ROM.

Thanks,

Dave

P.S. Fassy, B30.1

sendan
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric bill View Post
has anyone written a howto on building this from source? (no, I haven't read all 107 pages of this thread)

Thanks
I'm not sure if this is still up to date, but it worked for me! Just replace toro with fascinatemtd where appropriate, everything else is pretty well explained.

edit: Heh woops, I guess my page wasn't updated. I gotta stop opening so many tabs! -_-

tab22
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw1 View Post
I just hit the dial-pad icon in the lower left hand corner while on a call. It works everytime for me. Surely you have tried that?
Of course, mine however brings up a blank screen ..

ssewk2x
Old
Thanks Meter 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab22 View Post
Of course, mine however brings up a blank screen ..
Then something is apparently wrong with your install. I'd re-download and re-flash. Maybe even a data wipe, and see if it works before you restore any apps.
--
ssewk2x aka Efpophis

Verizon Fascinate (retired)
AT&T Note II - PAC-man (whatever nightly I managed to flash last), Devil kernel (latest, possibly my own custom build)

shelby04861
Old
Thanks Meter 82
No battery icon issues for charging or battery depletion , or dialpad issues here. All is normal.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bobloblaw1
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Agreed that something is wrong with your download or install. Bringing up the dialpad definitely works. Maybe even try clearing dialer app data...

As to the discharge issue while the phone is off; I know chopper mentioned something along those lines months ago but it would discharge over a course of a week while off and not merely hours.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to bobloblaw1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tab22
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw1 View Post
Agreed that something is wrong with your download or install. Bringing up the dialpad definitely works. Maybe even try clearing dialer app data...

As to the discharge issue while the phone is off; I know chopper mentioned something along those lines months ago but it would discharge over a course of a week while off and not merely hours.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
Well ... good news is I reinstalled and it's now working correctly. I get the dialpad icon in the corner which i did not have previously. Not sure what went wrong the first time, followed the same procedure .. oh well! Now I can try this thing out for real