Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 41,162 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Rhyme Charm Call Indicator

Tip us?

PCLiteratesJax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default HTC Rhyme Charm Call Indicator

So I went ahead and bought a HTC Rhyme Charm Call Indicator (it is purple, very girly and sooooooo pretty !!) on eBay and after some research, I found out that it needs it's own app to work on my MyTouch 4G. I was wondering if someone could maybe get the Charm app from the original ROM and make it a flashable app That would so rock !!
My main phone is a virgin HTC One M8 which I just got but I still love my black amazing HTC Amaze 4G with rooted Stock Rom which is my secondary phone now
Who says gals can't do this kind of stuff too?
Rooting is cool, rooting is fun (39 and counting !!)

All MyTouch 4G recoveries in one place: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1476745

sdizzy101
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Any idea where I can find the original rom

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

GazaIan
Old
Thanks Meter 414

DONATE TO ME
It's part of the HTC Bliss framework, and it has it's own section in settings. It always FC'd when I used it (the settings, not the charm) , but try a Bliss Sense ROM and see how that goes.
Google Nexus 4
LG G Watch
OUYA

HTC Sensation
HTC myTouch 4G
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

keksberg
Old
(Last edited by keksberg; 30th December 2011 at 10:44 PM.) Reason: added information
Thanks Meter 1
does anyone know, what I have to code (in an app for example), that the charm is glowing?
Edit: on a HTC Rhyme with original ROM

downwiththebanksters
Old
Thanks Meter 60
We need a Ryme forum...if only because it has a unique Sense version...I was working in the lab, late one night.....
Moto DPC 550, Moto Elite, RIM 850, Nokia 6190 (with Fido surfboard), Nokia 8250, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Pre, SGSII 32GB, Nexus 7 (2012) 32GB 3G, Arctic Silver 32GB HTC M8, Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi 32GB

keksberg
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Charm Call Indicator for Rhyme or Rezound

I have written an app for the HTC Rhyme (Rezound should also work), that informs you through the call indicator charm when you receive a notification from WhatsApp, GMail, ebuddy XMS, Facebook and Google Talk.
If someone is interested, please contact me.
The Following User Says Thank You to keksberg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArrhythmiA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Riding season has started for me and a charm would be killer for the bike.
Is there any way, or anyone working on an app or add on for this to work on other phones? I'm on a rooted and romed Evo, I would like to keep the rom I have.
Any help would be killer.
Cheers.

PCLiteratesJax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrhythmiA View Post
Riding season has started for me and a charm would be killer for the bike.
Is there any way, or anyone working on an app or add on for this to work on other phones? I'm on a rooted and romed Evo, I would like to keep the rom I have.
Any help would be killer.
Cheers.
Even though I don't ride bikes, I'm totally with you, we need an app to make the charm indicator work on other HTC phones too. I have a HTC Sensation and a MyTouch 4G, both rooted and with custom ROMs and I'd like to get my charm indicator to work on either one of those too I have tried the Rhyme ROM for the MyTouch 4G that has the charm settings and it doesn't work
My main phone is a virgin HTC One M8 which I just got but I still love my black amazing HTC Amaze 4G with rooted Stock Rom which is my secondary phone now
Who says gals can't do this kind of stuff too?
Rooting is cool, rooting is fun (39 and counting !!)

All MyTouch 4G recoveries in one place: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1476745

ArrhythmiA
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Our needs will go unanswered...
Sad.

keksberg
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think it is tricky to get this very high voltage (in comparison to the voltage of audio signals) for a LED through the headphone jack, if the phone is not made for a charm...
But a Bluetooth charm should work, if there exists something like that.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA