Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 41,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] One X Slow Speed

Tip us?

Hunt3r.j2
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by swami1 View Post
Even with quad core processor? Is there any more fine tuning can be done to settings?

Thanks for the help BTW.
Quad core does nothing for what you are talking about. The modem on the Galaxy Note LTE will be much faster for your data speeds, but the phone will have much more lag compared to the One X.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hunt3r.j2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

swami1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Slow Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinh_la_gi View Post
Asian version to 4 core . excellent
What is the difference in Asian Version?

Hunt3r.j2
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by swami1 View Post
What is the difference in Asian Version?
It's the One X with Tegra 3. The One XL is the LTE variant.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hunt3r.j2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

4ktvs
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
there is no way the One X can compare on ATT to a Note LTE, when you are in an LTE area the Note will fly
Were I live AT&T LTE seems slow, but still a bit faster than H+.

Avg down load on H+ 5-6mbs

Avg up load on H+ .7-.99 mbs

Avg down load on LTE 7-8mbs

Avg upload on LTE 7-10mbs
Phone right now:
Verizon galaxy S4

Cell phones before: Motorola KRZR K1

Droid RAZR on verizon x2: It went Back to verizon, because IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!

Samsung galaxy S3 on US cellular with 4G LTE Unlimited data. ( Max was 21/10 avg was 5-8 down and 2-4 up) Only had it for a day

Verizon S3 is sold

Samsung galaxy S2 No longer in service

VS Screw Time warner cable
The Following User Says Thank You to 4ktvs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hunt3r.j2
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ktvs View Post
Were I live AT&T LTE seems slow, but still a bit faster than H+.

Avg down load on H+ 5-6mbs

Avg up load on H+ .7-.99 mbs

Avg down load on LTE 7-8mbs

Avg upload on LTE 7-10mbs
Sounds like you're in a cell that's already been heavily loaded. Try either around 2 PM or 1-2 AM, you should get double to triple the speed.

4ktvs
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Default You could be right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt3r.j2 View Post
Sounds like you're in a cell that's already been heavily loaded. Try either around 2 PM or 1-2 AM, you should get double to triple the speed.
It was about 3pm in the AT&T store and I was the only one there. I went again to a AT&T, but this one was in the mall and it was 4PM. Got about the same speeds.

My S2 on H+ beet, the 3rd ipad on LTE, the 900 and the note in loading web pages. Video was about a tie or a win for the note. ( ipad and 900 with out flash. I could not get 1080P video to play well on the note, but it likely needed a reboot or update.)

The first time my Razr was having LTE "issues" and speed tested 400-600kbs DL and 10UP. The 2nd time it could not even pick up 4G. ( One of the AT&T reps was looking at this and he said wow that must suck.)

I still have his card and yes geting 400-600kbs sucks on LTE. I got it fixed, but it took forever.

The only way I could try at 1am is if I were to buy one and then take it back and pay a $35 restocking fee+billed for a day+more. ( I am not doing that, I will likely just wait for the S3, becuase I like my S2 a lot. First smart phone with unlimited non smart phone data and even with more then 5GB of use no text. )
Phone right now:
Verizon galaxy S4

Cell phones before: Motorola KRZR K1

Droid RAZR on verizon x2: It went Back to verizon, because IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!

Samsung galaxy S3 on US cellular with 4G LTE Unlimited data. ( Max was 21/10 avg was 5-8 down and 2-4 up) Only had it for a day

Verizon S3 is sold

Samsung galaxy S2 No longer in service

VS Screw Time warner cable