EA Games

OP Archangel013

4th April 2012, 09:26 PM   |  #11  
Flag Harrisonburg
Thanks Meter: 81

485 posts
More
To those who have successfully installed dead space; do you notice hitching, especially when moving laterally with the graphics? Its not game breaking but it definitely isn't smooth when I have played it

Sent from my HP TouchPad using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
5th April 2012, 03:29 AM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Jest

To those who have successfully installed dead space; do you notice hitching, especially when moving laterally with the graphics? Its not game breaking but it definitely isn't smooth when I have played it

Sent from my HP TouchPad using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

It's working fine for me. I haven't had much time to play lately, but as of chapter 3, there's been no graphical artifacts using the nVidia plugin.

Bumping the NFS:HP issue though. No one has any sliver of an idea? I'd really hate to have bought it for nothing.
7th April 2012, 02:27 PM   |  #13  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 119

657 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel013

It's working fine for me. I haven't had much time to play lately, but as of chapter 3, there's been no graphical artifacts using the nVidia plugin.

Bumping the NFS:HP issue though. No one has any sliver of an idea? I'd really hate to have bought it for nothing.

Dead Space works great for me, I guess I don't know what you mean by "hitching".
As for NFS, I have NFS: Shift and not Hot Pursuit.. I was able to get Shift working with the NVIDIA plugin using Chainfire, the game starts out good with menus, setting, options what not but when it comes to race time the accelerometer on the Touchpad seems to only work correctly while holding the Touchpad in a portrait position all the while the game continues to play out in landscape mode. Gets rough on your neck after a few laps..hehe

As for getting the APK and data onto your Touchpad requires a little extra work on your part.

I used "Bluetooth File transfer" (free in the market) to get the NFS apk sent from my LG G2x over to my Touchpad.
I installed BTFT onto both the devices so as to avoid issues with transfering.
From my G2x:
1) Using BTFT, Menu >More >Send Applications >select NFS > Send
2) Find your Touchpad on the list of BT Devices that comes up - if none then Menu >Search Devices (Make sure your TP is discoverable first)

Once the APK is sent over to your TP you can install it. I think the Default file transfer directorythat BTFT uses is "/SDCard".

Next you will need to send over the Data Files from the Game. The location is Android>Data>
Find the folder that looks something like "com.eamobile.nfs_hotpursuit" OR simular for NFS Shift it was "com.eamobile.nfsshift_na_wf".
Copy the complete folder to the same directory on your Touchpad.
If you don't have the folder in that directory on your phone then you have yet to download the data needed to run the game.
DO That first then go back and follow the steps.

Sound confusing enough? Good coz I'm just as lost! hehe..
G'luck
Last edited by tekrhino; 7th April 2012 at 03:43 PM.
12th April 2012, 06:03 AM   |  #14  
OP Member

65 posts
Haven't had a chance to side load it yet, but I'm bumping to see if anyone has any idea as to why the Play store won't let a Galaxy S II download NFS.
12th April 2012, 07:34 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
You can always just download it via touchpad and side load to phone if phone isn't compatible.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
12th April 2012, 08:04 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 1,429

4,905 posts
More
Heres a good tutorial on changing your build.prop. This guy has a lot of good videos by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cssyI...H19nKm5rBs0%3D
13th April 2012, 06:51 AM   |  #17  
OP Member

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inrimartyr

You can always just download it via touchpad and side load to phone if phone isn't compatible.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

The phone is compatible, but I'm using a Touchpad that's spoofed as a GS2 in the build.prop. Which is why I'm confused the Play store won't let me download it on to my Touchpad.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread