XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FP1H][Rom][Cwm][Odin]Tweaked v2.2 UPDATED 06/26/12

Tip us?

JihadSquad
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwitherell View Post
Do you have usb debugging checked? If not - in Settings > USB Settings is it set to Mass Storage?

I need some more info here - are you guys plugged in for this? FP1 stock kernel? Do you have music controls showing? piizzadude - How long did it take from the point of selecting that lockscreen to the first hotboot? It looks like I'm going to need to recreate this on my phone so I can see what's going on, but I've had no luck so far.
Music controls on but not always on... it happens to me on AOSP and rotary lockscreens... haven't tried any other yet just sticking with circle now. This happens when on battery only in my experience.
I will DIE for our cause!
VZW Galaxy S4 - Stock

jco23
Old
Thanks Meter 467
Attached are my screenshots of TS 2.0:
Attachment 1000288

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334286037936.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1000292

Interesting that I'm using a lunar eclipse photo though..

tappin' that....
Primary Device: Motorola Moto X (XT1060)
Xposed with Gravity Box

Previous Device: Motorola Razr M (XT907) STOLEN
ROM: AOSP KitKat 4.4
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

Previous Device: Samsung Droid Charge (SCH i510)
ROM: Tweaked Lite 1.0
Kernel: Stock FP8
RFS

robstamack
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I am also getting these weird "hot boots" as you describe them. Basically, everything just reloads as though I've booted the phone for the first time. I've had it happen multiple times today, most prevalent when I hadn't touched the phone for a few hours and hit the power button to wake it up.

I will try using a different lock screen (currently using AOSP) and see if that helps.

sasquatch080
Old
Thanks Meter 164
I've been using rotary for a full day no problem. Just started using aosp for experiment. Tweaked 2.0, PBJ OC 1200. Will post if any probs. Music controls always displayed for me on stock fp1 kernel. Still displaying on PBJ.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

piizzadude
Old
(Last edited by piizzadude; 13th April 2012 at 05:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Do you have usb debugging checked? If not - in Settings > USB Settings is it set to Mass Storage?

yeah I had USB debugging checked., I moved it to ask on connection and will see if that solves the nag popup

I need some more info here - are you guys plugged in for this? FP1 stock kernel? Do you have music controls showing? piizzadude - How long did it take from the point of selecting that lockscreen to the first hotboot? It looks like I'm going to need to recreate this on my phone so I can see what's going on, but I've had no luck so far.
Nope not plugged in. FP1 Stock Kernel, no music controls showing ever. It took about 45 minutes give or take for the first one, then it got increasingly more frequent.

It shut down a total of 4 times, and I was doing different things.

Once it was just sitting there (the first one), once during Words with Friends, once even during a phone call.

It didnt do a total reboot. It just went dead, black then to the lockscreen. Not logo/boot animation.
The Following User Says Thank You to piizzadude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DirgeExtinction
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Replaced the included browser with the FP1 browser by moving the browser apk from sdcard\tweaktools to system\apps. Now every time I click on bookmarks, it force closes.

Also, attempting to install the stock browser via the Tweaktools script wouldn't work due to md5 mismatch. :/

Owned: Motorola Rokr, LG Dare, Motorola Droid, Samsung Fascinate, Samsung Droid Charge
Currently rocking: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

JihadSquad
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirgeExtinction View Post
Replaced the included browser with the FP1 browser by moving the browser apk from sdcard\tweaktools to system\apps. Now every time I click on bookmarks, it force closes.

Also, attempting to install the stock browser via the Tweaktools script wouldn't work due to md5 mismatch. :/

There are framework edits between TW and AOSP browser I think.
I will DIE for our cause!
VZW Galaxy S4 - Stock

dwitherell
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6091

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirgeExtinction View Post
... Also, attempting to install the stock browser via the Tweaktools script wouldn't work due to md5 mismatch. :/...

Hmm... I'll look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JihadSquad View Post
There are framework edits between TW and AOSP browser I think.
Very true. I was under the impression that the stock. Browser WOULD work given those edits, but I guess not. I'll look into this as well.
Also, fwiw I have been using the aosp lockscreen and did not have a single hotboot for the last few hours (about 7 at this point). I just opened and left open a folder, as I figured a hotboot would close that if that had happened.
If you like what I've done... I like sammiches so feel free to buy me one!

PaulN64007
Old
Thanks Meter 168

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Also, fwiw I have been using the aosp lockscreen and did not have a single hotboot for the last few hours (about 7 at this point). I just opened and left open a folder, as I figured a hotboot would close that if that had happened.
I was also using the aosp lockscreen for a few hours as well and didn't get a single hot boot. At this point dwitherell is going to need a logcat of the hot boot since we can't get it to do it. It is only 4 people of the hundreds that downloaded the rom that is getting hot boots. I would say go back to stock EP4D take the OTA to start over and see if you guys stop getting the hot boots.
My Custom Boot and Shutdown Animations Click here
My Custom Signal Bars Click here
SugarSync 5gb Free Storage Click here and sign up for an extra 500mb
If you like what I have done and want to buy me lunch Click here

jco23
Old
Thanks Meter 467
I do recall on TS 1.4 that when I tried to run the VZW backup assistant, it would hotboot - so make sure that is disabled too, and you are only syncing your contacts via google.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe