NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8-Gigabit RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Open ZDK Zune HD native executable working on HTC 7 Pro

OP Kr3i0s

11th April 2012, 09:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 26

99 posts
While browsing for apps I came through a site called www.zuneboards.com and it had a program called Liberate for Zune HD. I downloaded the v1.6.2 zip and extracted it and copied to my HTC 7 Pro and tried to run the native executables. Most of them did not work but there was one named reboot.exe and when I tried to open it from the FileBrowser it actually asked if I wanted to reboot my phone and when I tapped on yes it did reboot.

There was another executable cabinstall.exe and when it was executed gave a message to double tap on the cab file which might mean that it we can open a cab file but need to set the correct registry path for the cabinstall.exe to be called when opening a cab file which I am not able to do.
Any help will be appreciated.

I am not sure what it means but is it now possible to make native executables run on windows phone 7? I am able to open Opera Mobile by ultrashot by directly running the executable instead of the opera launcher as well.

I have added the zip file which has the executables.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Liberate v1.6.2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (336.5 KB, 58 views)
Last edited by Kr3i0s; 12th April 2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: New attachment added
12th April 2012, 08:46 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,790

5,877 posts
More
Are you on a custom ROM or a stock ROM? Native executables have been possible on custom ROMs for a long time, but if this works on a stock ROM... time to investigate.

EDIT: Your link is going to a 404 error page, not a ZIP file. Re-upload maybe?
Last edited by GoodDayToDie; 12th April 2012 at 08:48 AM.
12th April 2012, 12:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Are you on a custom ROM or a stock ROM? Native executables have been possible on custom ROMs for a long time, but if this works on a stock ROM... time to investigate.

EDIT: Your link is going to a 404 error page, not a ZIP file. Re-upload maybe?

I have updated the attachment. Should work now.

I am on a custom rom so I am not sure if it will work on a stock rom or not.
13th April 2012, 09:48 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle

5,877 posts
More
It uses executables built for WinCE 6.0. This is also a valid way to build native code on WP7 (WP7 uses a CE kernel version somewhere between 6.0 and 7.0) so it's no surprise that at least some of the apps will work.

Is there source code available for this hack? It would be interesting to see what they did. It's probably ZHD-specific (for the general unlock) but it *might* be useful for WP7 hacking too...
13th April 2012, 11:08 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

99 posts
Quote:

Is there source code available for this hack? It would be interesting to see what they did. It's probably ZHD-specific (for the general unlock) but it *might* be useful for WP7 hacking too...

Source code is in the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Liberate.zip - [Click for QR Code] (84.4 KB, 26 views)
14th April 2012, 07:34 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle

5,877 posts
More
404 error page again (WTF? Never seen that on anybody else's attachments!)
14th April 2012, 10:31 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

99 posts
Quote:

404 error page again (WTF? Never seen that on anybody else's attachments!)

@GoodDayToDie I am not sure why the attachments are giving the 404 error.
Here is the link to mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/?4g82q2eoww16kgr
The Following User Says Thank You to Kr3i0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 07:48 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

99 posts
@GoodDaytoDie
Did you find anything interesting or useful in the source?
17th April 2012, 01:38 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle

5,877 posts
More
Not yet, but it was a busy weekend. I'm looking through a number of things at the same time and haven't dug into that one yet.

However, it's worth noting that the Zune HD uses a very different security model from WP7. I didn't do any ZHD dev or hacking, so I'm not entirely familiar with how its app model works.

Thanks for the source though! I'll dig into it further and let you know if I find anything. I may have to create an account on that other forum too; it looks like they're doing some WP7 hacking as well.
3rd November 2012, 10:50 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 364

380 posts
I tried sources in VS 2008. New project must be created from old source codes and main entry point must be added to properties/link/commandline option, or changed to wmain. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post33649737 , download zip.
Last edited by Martin7Pro; 5th November 2012 at 12:44 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread