Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,320 Members 39,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Open ZDK Zune HD native executable working on HTC 7 Pro

Tip us?

Kr3i0s
Old
(Last edited by Kr3i0s; 12th April 2012 at 11:41 AM.) Reason: New attachment added
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Open ZDK Zune HD native executable working on HTC 7 Pro

While browsing for apps I came through a site called www.zuneboards.com and it had a program called Liberate for Zune HD. I downloaded the v1.6.2 zip and extracted it and copied to my HTC 7 Pro and tried to run the native executables. Most of them did not work but there was one named reboot.exe and when I tried to open it from the FileBrowser it actually asked if I wanted to reboot my phone and when I tapped on yes it did reboot.

There was another executable cabinstall.exe and when it was executed gave a message to double tap on the cab file which might mean that it we can open a cab file but need to set the correct registry path for the cabinstall.exe to be called when opening a cab file which I am not able to do.
Any help will be appreciated.

I am not sure what it means but is it now possible to make native executables run on windows phone 7? I am able to open Opera Mobile by ultrashot by directly running the executable instead of the opera launcher as well.

I have added the zip file which has the executables.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Liberate v1.6.2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (336.5 KB, 56 views)
HTC 7 Pro on Dynamics 2.2
HTC Wildfire on CM 9.1
MMX Canvas 2 A110 on LegoIce™_Fusion_v2
Sony Xperia ZL Stock

GoodDayToDie
Old
(Last edited by GoodDayToDie; 12th April 2012 at 07:48 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Are you on a custom ROM or a stock ROM? Native executables have been possible on custom ROMs for a long time, but if this works on a stock ROM... time to investigate.

EDIT: Your link is going to a 404 error page, not a ZIP file. Re-upload maybe?
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

Kr3i0s
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Are you on a custom ROM or a stock ROM? Native executables have been possible on custom ROMs for a long time, but if this works on a stock ROM... time to investigate.

EDIT: Your link is going to a 404 error page, not a ZIP file. Re-upload maybe?
I have updated the attachment. Should work now.

I am on a custom rom so I am not sure if it will work on a stock rom or not.
HTC Wildfire on CM 9.1
Sony Xperia ZL Stock

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
It uses executables built for WinCE 6.0. This is also a valid way to build native code on WP7 (WP7 uses a CE kernel version somewhere between 6.0 and 7.0) so it's no surprise that at least some of the apps will work.

Is there source code available for this hack? It would be interesting to see what they did. It's probably ZHD-specific (for the general unlock) but it *might* be useful for WP7 hacking too...

WP8 projects:
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

Kr3i0s
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Is there source code available for this hack? It would be interesting to see what they did. It's probably ZHD-specific (for the general unlock) but it *might* be useful for WP7 hacking too...
Source code is in the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Liberate.zip - [Click for QR Code] (84.4 KB, 25 views)
HTC Wildfire on CM 9.1
Sony Xperia ZL Stock

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
404 error page again (WTF? Never seen that on anybody else's attachments!)

WP8 projects:
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:

Kr3i0s
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
404 error page again (WTF? Never seen that on anybody else's attachments!)
@GoodDayToDie I am not sure why the attachments are giving the 404 error.
Here is the link to mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/?4g82q2eoww16kgr
HTC Wildfire on CM 9.1
Sony Xperia ZL Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to Kr3i0s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kr3i0s
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
@GoodDaytoDie
Did you find anything interesting or useful in the source?
HTC Wildfire on CM 9.1
Sony Xperia ZL Stock

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Not yet, but it was a busy weekend. I'm looking through a number of things at the same time and haven't dug into that one yet.

However, it's worth noting that the Zune HD uses a very different security model from WP7. I didn't do any ZHD dev or hacking, so I'm not entirely familiar with how its app model works.

Thanks for the source though! I'll dig into it further and let you know if I find anything. I may have to create an account on that other forum too; it looks like they're doing some WP7 hacking as well.

WP8 projects:
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:

Martin7Pro
Old
(Last edited by Martin7Pro; 5th November 2012 at 11:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 363
I tried sources in VS 2008. New project must be created from old source codes and main entry point must be added to properties/link/commandline option, or changed to wmain. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post33649737 , download zip.