12th April 2012, 07:28 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 1,769

1,567 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knipp21

Same here..lol

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Haha lol maby have the user here that have problems a tabe that made on a monday or on a friday haha

12th April 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 222

1,129 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast1980

I have no problems with my tab. Running CM9 and no overclock, launcher I use is ADW ex. Tab is fast en smooth, no problems with freeze or lags. Youtube works great and browser (dolfin browser) work fast to. Quadrant score on benchmarkt 5000. I am verry happy with this tab. I don't understand that some people have problems with this tab.

Sent from my galaxy tab P7310 (wifi)
using CyanogenMod9-RC0-KANG

You will only get 5000 in quadrant in a tegra device with the well known cheat (which is sometimes built into ROMs). The REAL score will be 3000 at most. Besides quadrant tells you little about how fast a device is.

I agree that it CAN be smoother than stock, but its never what i call smooth. Ive tried CM9, its NOT buttery smooth.
12th April 2012, 09:21 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 1,769

1,567 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovex

You will only get 5000 in quadrant in a tegra device with the well known cheat (which is sometimes built into ROMs). The REAL score will be 3000 at most. Besides quadrant tells you little about how fast a device is.

I agree that it CAN be smoother than stock, but its never what i call smooth. Ive tried CM9, its NOT buttery smooth.

Maby or maby not, that is your choice. I find CM9 for my tab smooth and fast it runs better than honeycomb. And with ADW, wowww!!!!

13th April 2012, 08:57 AM   |  #74  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
More
I played with a few of these at my jb-hifi, so dam slow compared to everything else. Walked across the road into good guys, and my god it was a world of difference. I'm not sure what is going on with them but its like some are duds, or their display ones are miss treated hard.
13th April 2012, 12:02 PM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 222

1,129 posts
Different firmwares i would guess. All the store units i tried had no net connection so couldnt have anything installed and i factory reset one, but it was still dead slow.

Im used to the jitter and the fact that it 'scro-ooo-olls' rather than 'scrolls' now, but its still a bit disappointing.
13th April 2012, 11:31 PM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 12

170 posts
I love my 8.9. I had an Advent Vega, then an iPad, then went for this tab, and to be honest I love it, I mean I find it way better than iPad, and other Android tabs I've used, but then I don't spend a lot of time meddling with home screens and stuff. I love some of the Samsung stuff, like the Social Hub, I find it fantastic, and I always use the overlay Calculator. I also was never a fan of the cheesy TRON look Honeycomb goes for with its dark blue gradients so I appreciate Samsung's white&grey re-skin. Most of all though the form factor, shape, size, weight etc. is ideal. I can see where you're coming from but I am very happy with this thing, I saw an iPad 3 today and had no interest in it thanks to this thing!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to sbeddoesdesign For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2012, 02:34 AM   |  #77  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

213 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeddoesdesign

I love my 8.9. I had an Advent Vega, then an iPad, then went for this tab, and to be honest I love it, I mean I find it way better than iPad, and other Android tabs I've used, but then I don't spend a lot of time meddling with home screens and stuff. I love some of the Samsung stuff, like the Social Hub, I find it fantastic, and I always use the overlay Calculator. I also was never a fan of the cheesy TRON look Honeycomb goes for with its dark blue gradients so I appreciate Samsung's white&grey re-skin. Most of all though the form factor, shape, size, weight etc. is ideal. I can see where you're coming from but I am very happy with this thing, I saw an iPad 3 today and had no interest in it thanks to this thing!

Yeah, ive said it once and I'll say it again, I love the thing to death. Its beautiful, perfect form. Just the sluggishness brings it does but I've overcome it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
16th April 2012, 06:53 PM   |  #78  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 370

456 posts
More
My tab lags some (running stock honeycomb with adw ex launcher) but it doesn't really bug me...all the great things this tablet does way outweighs the lags.
21st May 2012, 09:54 PM   |  #79  
Thanks Meter: 12

170 posts
I've noticed a huge speed increase recently on my tab, coukdn't work out why but I had removed a bunch of Samsung Widgets, so try taking widgets off your home screen to see if it improves...

24th May 2012, 04:08 AM   |  #80  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 16

89 posts
More
I downloaded overcome 2.3.1 and applied launcher patch and i can honestly say, that this thing flies now...I use quite a lot of widgets, but none of them are samsung widgets (launcher after patch is more or less stock honeycomb). Only thing, that slowed the tab down was youtube widget. I really recomend this rom and patch!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread