Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

why is this thing so damn slow...

Tip us?

abalam
Old
Thanks Meter 1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by knipp21 View Post
Same here..lol

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium
Haha lol maby have the user here that have problems a tabe that made on a monday or on a friday haha

LG Nexus 4 (16Gb)
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0
Radio: cwm-radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1701.03
Rom: Rastakat by lichti1901 (android 4.4.4 kitkat)
Kernel: Trinity 3.4.0-TF 443/444
Dalvik+bionic library optimization: z2 dalvik and bionic
Build.prop tweak: debug.egl.swapinterval=0
Bootloader: makoz30d

***Press thanks if my help was useful***

rovex
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast1980 View Post
I have no problems with my tab. Running CM9 and no overclock, launcher I use is ADW ex. Tab is fast en smooth, no problems with freeze or lags. Youtube works great and browser (dolfin browser) work fast to. Quadrant score on benchmarkt 5000. I am verry happy with this tab. I don't understand that some people have problems with this tab.

Sent from my galaxy tab P7310 (wifi)
using CyanogenMod9-RC0-KANG
You will only get 5000 in quadrant in a tegra device with the well known cheat (which is sometimes built into ROMs). The REAL score will be 3000 at most. Besides quadrant tells you little about how fast a device is.

I agree that it CAN be smoother than stock, but its never what i call smooth. Ive tried CM9, its NOT buttery smooth.

abalam
Old
Thanks Meter 1356
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovex View Post
You will only get 5000 in quadrant in a tegra device with the well known cheat (which is sometimes built into ROMs). The REAL score will be 3000 at most. Besides quadrant tells you little about how fast a device is.

I agree that it CAN be smoother than stock, but its never what i call smooth. Ive tried CM9, its NOT buttery smooth.
Maby or maby not, that is your choice. I find CM9 for my tab smooth and fast it runs better than honeycomb. And with ADW, wowww!!!!

LG Nexus 4 (16Gb)
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0
Radio: cwm-radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1701.03
Rom: Rastakat by lichti1901 (android 4.4.4 kitkat)
Kernel: Trinity 3.4.0-TF 443/444
Dalvik+bionic library optimization: z2 dalvik and bionic
Build.prop tweak: debug.egl.swapinterval=0
Bootloader: makoz30d

***Press thanks if my help was useful***

SOS38
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I played with a few of these at my jb-hifi, so dam slow compared to everything else. Walked across the road into good guys, and my god it was a world of difference. I'm not sure what is going on with them but its like some are duds, or their display ones are miss treated hard.

rovex
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Different firmwares i would guess. All the store units i tried had no net connection so couldnt have anything installed and i factory reset one, but it was still dead slow.

Im used to the jitter and the fact that it 'scro-ooo-olls' rather than 'scrolls' now, but its still a bit disappointing.

sbeddoesdesign
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I love my 8.9. I had an Advent Vega, then an iPad, then went for this tab, and to be honest I love it, I mean I find it way better than iPad, and other Android tabs I've used, but then I don't spend a lot of time meddling with home screens and stuff. I love some of the Samsung stuff, like the Social Hub, I find it fantastic, and I always use the overlay Calculator. I also was never a fan of the cheesy TRON look Honeycomb goes for with its dark blue gradients so I appreciate Samsung's white&grey re-skin. Most of all though the form factor, shape, size, weight etc. is ideal. I can see where you're coming from but I am very happy with this thing, I saw an iPad 3 today and had no interest in it thanks to this thing!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to sbeddoesdesign For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dairymasta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeddoesdesign View Post
I love my 8.9. I had an Advent Vega, then an iPad, then went for this tab, and to be honest I love it, I mean I find it way better than iPad, and other Android tabs I've used, but then I don't spend a lot of time meddling with home screens and stuff. I love some of the Samsung stuff, like the Social Hub, I find it fantastic, and I always use the overlay Calculator. I also was never a fan of the cheesy TRON look Honeycomb goes for with its dark blue gradients so I appreciate Samsung's white&grey re-skin. Most of all though the form factor, shape, size, weight etc. is ideal. I can see where you're coming from but I am very happy with this thing, I saw an iPad 3 today and had no interest in it thanks to this thing!

Yeah, ive said it once and I'll say it again, I love the thing to death. Its beautiful, perfect form. Just the sluggishness brings it does but I've overcome it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

jhotmann
Old
Thanks Meter 370
My tab lags some (running stock honeycomb with adw ex launcher) but it doesn't really bug me...all the great things this tablet does way outweighs the lags.
Nexus 4 (Stock rooted 4.4.2) || Nexus 7 (Stock rooted 4.4.2)

sbeddoesdesign
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I've noticed a huge speed increase recently on my tab, coukdn't work out why but I had removed a bunch of Samsung Widgets, so try taking widgets off your home screen to see if it improves...

MAMUTHcz
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I downloaded overcome 2.3.1 and applied launcher patch and i can honestly say, that this thing flies now...I use quite a lot of widgets, but none of them are samsung widgets (launcher after patch is more or less stock honeycomb). Only thing, that slowed the tab down was youtube widget. I really recomend this rom and patch!
Phone: HTC ONE
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9