Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HTC Legend Battery drain

OP vyper2100

2nd March 2012, 09:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Hello, I`m new to this forum and wanted to ask if anyone knows why my HTC Legend drains battery so fast. My phone is rooted with Fuse ROM and unlocked bootloader but it was draining battery on stock ROM too. Even with the screen of it drains ( in 8 hours with screen off it drains almost 10%). I have 3G connection on all the time and when I`m at home i don`t have full signal in the house so it may be a network problem that affects the battery?
2nd March 2012, 11:36 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

54 posts
a weak network signal may be one reason for the battery drain (since your phone has to use more power to send data).
however when there's always synchronisation & exchange of background data going on in the background, i think 10% battery down in 8 hours isn't way out of the ordinary.
maybe you'll get some clue, what components are causing the drain when you go to settings > about phone > battery info...
2nd March 2012, 01:45 PM   |  #3  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 447

1,458 posts
More
Best solution to stop battery drain is turn every thing off if you're not using it eg GPS, wifi, Bluetooth, mobile data, auto sync, if you have them on they will chew up power.

On a stock legend, HTC would seam to have the CPU speeds set at 480 low and 600 for high, if you root and set your lower value to lower than 480 that will also help in cyanogen lowest value is 245.76, this seams to be ok, on other roms they can go as low as 19, this is not so good as phone can sometimes freeze. I never go below 122.

sent from my legend, currently using extream legend fuse™
7th March 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
My HTC legend battery life is 2 days. But I enable internet access only when I want, same for gps
12th March 2012, 11:52 AM   |  #5  
Flag Batam
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
More
Have you tried to calibrate your battery after installing custom ROM? Try the free battery calibration app from the market.
12th March 2012, 12:05 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 6

100 posts
I'm using "[ROM] B 0.8.4 based on stock HTC FroYo (04/13/2011)".

Using the stock speeds the battery drain is quite fast, I get a day at best. I'm running 245 - 804 and this makes the battery last days. I'll try down to 122 to get a tiny bit longer battery life
Last edited by NX3; 12th March 2012 at 12:07 PM.
12th March 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #7  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 19

54 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper2100

Hello, I`m new to this forum and wanted to ask if anyone knows why my HTC Legend drains battery so fast. My phone is rooted with Fuse ROM and unlocked bootloader but it was draining battery on stock ROM too. Even with the screen of it drains ( in 8 hours with screen off it drains almost 10%). I have 3G connection on all the time and when I`m at home i don`t have full signal in the house so it may be a network problem that affects the battery?

it is a common problem... as long as your phone signal is not dropping to completely zero that it goes for finding alternative networks its fine.. but if it is dropping blank .. try using airplane mode (ya no other option )

or else as a quick thing try below options

- try installing infolifes battery defender (tweak their ignore list if required). along with their advanced task killer (jst set for auto kill when screen off and not interval kill
- get a cpu governor (I was using cyanogenmod inbuilt one) and set in conservative a low-400mhz and high-600mhz
-turn off auto brightness if u've it on and use it in low as required

hope these should squeeze some more extra standby time..
Last edited by krisxda; 12th March 2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: about signal reception
8th April 2012, 05:11 PM   |  #8  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 32

122 posts
More
I went back to a stock rom after putting up with the battery issues.

a friend told me that there's a .bat file that helps with the battery issue, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

I also had freezing problems when I tried to adjust CPU settings, so my best option was to bake a rom through modaco without all the bloat crap.
Now it works a treat.. hope this helps
8th April 2012, 06:01 PM   |  #9  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 447

1,458 posts
More
Bat files are for windows computers, not used on android....
However your friend might be talking about the "battery.stats" file deleting it is supposed to help "calibrate" your battery, I personally have not seen any benefit to battery life doing this. Once your phone goes flat (turns off) and you then fully charge it it seams to set the calibration automatically. The only way I can see it actually helping if your a phone user that never let's the phone go flat enough to turn its self off.

Sent from my legend using XDA
13th April 2012, 12:30 PM   |  #10  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 53

379 posts
More
IMO, battery life isn't bad on the HTC Legend if we compare it to High End phones. But there are ways to save it.

Ceebs typing the whole thing so I might as well link it to you from a similar topic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1586022

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread