Sony Encouraging SmartWatch 2 Development

Mobile device companies like selling devices–it’s how they make their money and … more

Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

help deciding

OP oswald-josh

13th April 2012, 12:52 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
I switched from an iPhone 4 to the Note about six weeks ago I think. I couldn't go back. I love the screen size the most, but having an android phone is like having a jail broken iPhone - battery life isn't quite as good, some things don't work quite as smoothly or perfectly, but in the end you can do SO MUCH more with it that's its absolutely worth it.

Edit: occasionally there would be lag when I first got my Note, but that was from the Power Save mode that must have been running by default. My battery life is only a bit worse than my iPhone 4 ran on ios 5... battery like was great on ios 4 but it went downhill some after 5 came out.
Last edited by Surrylic; 13th April 2012 at 12:57 PM.
13th April 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #22  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 160

606 posts
More
Come on.. which would you prefer?

13th April 2012, 06:42 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 4

42 posts
More
I'm embarrassed to say that I used an iphone 3g jailbroken on Tmobile the past 3 1/2 years. Unlock & JB after unlock & JB rendered my iphone useless. It sometimes would get stuck for like 4 min plus I was on edge speeds too.

I thought I was cool being one of the few using a jailbroken device and bragging how I could do whatever on my phone and get tons of stuff free.

Then I came across the note. It totally blew me away. I cancelled my contract and got one. I'm rocking a white Gnote, rooted, flashed Saurom and OC to 1.836ghz.

I could never go back to an iphone. They seem so small and outdated to me now.
13th April 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 575

1,121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffinfeeder

Come on.. which would you prefer?

My favorite thing is showing all of my friends with iPhones that their whole phone fits on just the screen of mine with room to spare. Haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
13th April 2012, 08:07 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 22

322 posts
More
Though it's not iPhone, I am showing ppl my HTC Aria next to the Note. It's about the smallest sized phone in dimensions with a 3.2 in screen. To me it's a HUGE step up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
13th April 2012, 08:25 PM   |  #26  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otter23

Do it! If you don't like it I'll happly trade you an iphone 4 32gb unlocked with ssh saved for every firmware plus an otterbox case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Ill b trading it on monday cuz first i have to trade it for a galaxy s2.. N then the galaxy note lol .. :)
So ill ill take ur word then if i dont like it ill let you know to trade is that cool ??
14th April 2012, 02:04 AM   |  #27  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 304

1,137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markysd

i chickened out on getting the note when i saw the size in person..im a iphone user 4 years and omg the iphone is so small i cant go back to it too small..youll get use to the size of the note..not really pocket friendly but depends on person to person..as for battery give it time to cycle and it will improve..but battery life depends on settings/use/rooted ect.. i love my note but sadly i have another pixel issuse so this one is going back to hopeful get another one with no pixel problems.. only thing i dont like is the camera speed capture its slow for me..battery could have been a 3000mah to give it a bit extra use..sometimes it lags depends how much ram your using and crash some apps could be bugs.. im stock GB..waiting for ICS real one..dont want to install root stuff right now

It is pocket friendly to me. I dont know what kind of jeans you wear it actually fits good in my skinny jeans. The phone is thin so there arent bulges unless u have a bulky case. The main reason why the Note isnt flying off the shelves is because people are scared of change. Especially when they first see the Note in person. At first...its a bit overwhelming..but after a few days...you're hooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by welchertc

My favorite thing is showing all of my friends with iPhones that their whole phone fits on just the screen of mine with room to spare. Haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I know what you mean I did the same and they couldnt believe it.

-Once you go NOTE, you'd say 4 inches a Joke
Last edited by SKyRocKeting727; 14th April 2012 at 02:08 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread