[ROM] [INTL] DSC v2.3

OP _n0p_

13th April 2012, 03:35 AM   |  #3701  
Thanks Meter: 78

714 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdzo72

OK guys, I have a situation which I can't seem to work through...

It all has to do with my settings... after a while, any changes I make within Settings won't take... say for instance adding a keyboard... I can check the keyboard, go into it's settings, and when I back out, it will be unchecked... OK, if I boot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik and fix permissions, then I can boot back up, go to the same menu item, check it and it will stay checked, but the settings still won't take effect... take the situation I just described... I installed Thumb Keyboard, but when I went into Language and Keyboard Settings and checked it, then went in to set it up, all good, but when I backed out, it was unchecked and it was not in the options for keyboards.... soooo, I booted into recovery, wiped cache, dalvik and fixed permissions, rebooted and then the check was ALREADY there, BUT I was still uable to use the new keyboard....

I'm stumped and have no idea of what to do as a fix for this.... by the way, when this started I tried a fresh install of DSC1.0 wipe factory wipes over CM7 and MIUI.... and started having this issue.... so I flashed 407 recovery, amss and dsp1 and then went and flashed Olleh ROM.... twice for good measure to make sure I had gotten rid of any traces of CM and MIUI....

After that, I flashed DSC and did factory resets and still having the same troubles....

Sorry for the long post and I hope someone has ideas...

Addition: I just noticed while doing some more tinkering, that when I try to use the DSC Config tool, after a reboot the settings are back to default, well I say settings, the only thing I am changing in the wifi driver, but when I reboot, the option is always set back to normal.

Addition 2: Other changes I make to the settings in the DSC Config tool don't take either, or rather, they are not reflected in the build.prop after the reboot

Just reflash the rom again...i had the same issue with the vibrate on reboot and the dsc gsin where vslues were getting to the default after reboot....i tried clearing cache and fixing the permissions but nogo so reflashed and it worked..
The Following User Says Thank You to Dude_Virus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 04:07 AM   |  #3702  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 789

2,652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude_Virus

Just reflash the rom again...i had the same issue with the vibrate on reboot and the dsc gsin where vslues were getting to the default after reboot....i tried clearing cache and fixing the permissions but nogo so reflashed and it worked..

Thanks for the suggestion Dude_Virus but I really wish it were that simple... I've flashed more than a dozen times over the past couple of days and the song is still the same... And then to top it off my wifi woes are horrible... To connect to either wifi or cell data I have to reboot

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
13th April 2012, 04:11 AM   |  #3703  

714 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdzo72

Thanks for the suggestion Dude_Virus but I really wish it were that simple... I've flashed more than a dozen times over the past couple of days and the song is still the same... And then to top it off my wifi woes are horrible... To connect to either wifi or cell data I have to reboot

I have fixed my wifi issues by keeping the governor as performance..... well if you hage reflashed multiple times u can try the qdt tool to completely start from scratch.
13th April 2012, 05:04 AM   |  #3704  
Flag Heredia

2,652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude_Virus

I have fixed my wifi issues by keeping the governor as performance..... well if you hage reflashed multiple times u can try the qdt tool to completely start from scratch.

Think that'd have more of a cleansing effect than having flashed the stock update.pkg?

13th April 2012, 06:37 AM   |  #3705  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 1,827

2,557 posts
More
cdzo72, let's start with easy case.
Does DSConfig request superuser?
13th April 2012, 11:55 AM   |  #3706  
Thanks Meter: 8

109 posts
_nop_, you have any idea of PowerAMP stop working (being crashed) after flashing 1.1 test?

and is there any chance to integrate this mod to our theme? that would be great
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1590491
Last edited by iu1nguoi; 13th April 2012 at 12:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to iu1nguoi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 12:48 PM   |  #3707  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kiev

2,557 posts
More
I suspect there's might be PDroid incompatibility.
I'll forge another update without PDroid to check.
13th April 2012, 12:59 PM   |  #3708  

714 posts
Hey is there ne fix for the gtalk loosing connection to the internet again and again on wifi...this cause an issue with the emails.
13th April 2012, 01:06 PM   |  #3709  
Flag Heredia

2,652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _n0p_

cdzo72, let's start with easy case.
Does DSConfig request superuser?

Hey thanks for chiming in Sergei..... To answer your question.... Yes it does

13th April 2012, 01:10 PM   |  #3710  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kiev

2,557 posts
More
cdzo72, just to make clear:
You change settings, they do not apply.
It's actually quite impossible. Or there's some severe rights corruption.
Let's take a look at your log.
I remember having leftovers on SD card causing a lot of issues.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
freeze
Previous Thread Next Thread