Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 39,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 Stable: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G

Tip us?

thomasskull666
Old
Thanks Meter 415

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanju8181 View Post
Just made a backup and I'm gonna give this a try again. Last time I did was when it first came out and was real buggy. I'm on the latest clockwork but for some reason I flash cm9 and I want to restore back will I be able to just restore through cwm or will I have to odin back to stock froyo and root to get back to the phenoix/froyo 2.2 rom?

Sent from Phoenix II Epic 4g
Oh wow. Phoenix ROM. Been a long time since I've heard that name. Froyo has been dead for a while now man, definitely go check out a Gingerbread ROM such as The People's ROM or an ICS ROM like this or AOKP.

Flashing CM9 will convert the partition mapping to MTD which would require an odin flash to revert to BML, the default partition layout used on stock ROMs.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
*_Epic 4G_*
*_Sprint Galaxy Nexus_*
The Following User Says Thank You to thomasskull666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tanju8181
Old
Thanks Meter 2
That's what I was afraid of....I'm still of that generation because no gingerbread based rom or stock gb works for a particular app that I use to stream stereo to my mono bluetooth headset. I use btmono for that purpose and it worked fine on froyo and even works great on ics....but not gb for some reason....will stream for like 2 seconds then drop off completly and won't reconnect....this is why I'm so eager to get cm9. :) I've tried it before and I liked it....but it was when it first came out before the alpha's even....hopefully this version will be good enough and the I can update when needed.

thomasskull666
Old
Thanks Meter 415

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That's what I was afraid of....I'm still of that generation because no gingerbread based rom or stock gb works for a particular app that I use to stream stereo to my mono bluetooth headset. I use btmono for that purpose and it worked fine on froyo and even works great on ics....but not gb for some reason....will stream for like 2 seconds then drop off completly and won't reconnect....this is why I'm so eager to get cm9. :) I've tried it before and I liked it....but it was when it first came out before the alpha's even....hopefully this version will be good enough and the I can update when needed.

This is official CM9 which means it is very thoroughly maintained and tested to be as functional as possible. Forget about the old builds, all of the betas are very stable and run smooth. Take the plunge :)

*_Epic 4G_*
*_Sprint Galaxy Nexus_*

Jbluna
Old
(Last edited by Jbluna; 13th April 2012 at 12:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 202
Loving the update so far but recently I am getting pissed off! My god damn phone's been randomly shutting down for about 7 times in the last 10 god damn minutes...ffs. ugh, any suggestions? Is it the cpu settings? please help

Beezer80
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbluna View Post
Loving the update so far but recently I am getting pissed off! My god damn phone's been randomly shutting down for about 7 times in the last 10 god damn minutes...ffs. ugh, any suggestions? Is it the cpu settings? please help
Calm down big guy. Provide a little more info please. You're stock CM9 right? Beta 2? No themes or kernels right? Do certain apps or "activities" seem to make it happen or is it just random?

|| Acer ||
Old
Thanks Meter 530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sounds like a bad flash to me. Redownload the ROM and reflash. Also, if you're on a custom kernel, avoid flashing it this time around. Doesn't hurt to try.

Tanju8181
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Ahhhh....so much better this time around. Now if only I could sync facebook it will be perfect.....that's small enough to not notice though!!!! Thanks guys for all your hard work!!!!!!

Sent from CM9 ICS Epic 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to Tanju8181 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

socos25
Old
Thanks Meter 404
You don't by chance have a beautiful widgets widget on your home screen do you? I had this wakelock forever. Removing the widget from my home screen seems to have gotten rid of this little bugger for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murso74 View Post
well after being great for a month MMC delayed work is back with a vengence with me and Beta2... keeping my phone on 50% of the time. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS DAMN PROCESS??!?!?!?!??!!

I Brick Phones
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Ahhhh....so much better this time around. Now if only I could sync facebook it will be perfect.....that's small enough to not notice though!!!! Thanks guys for all your hard work!!!!!!

Sent from CM9 ICS Epic 4G
you can sync using an app called Friendcaster.
SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0

bit1
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Are you on a different kernel? are you underclocking or overclocking? I ran this for days on stock no reboot but have had a few running marcusant's kernel but that's me playing with OC settings and stuff.