Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 52,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MOTOROLA PRO "Official thread" - Please post info on this device here

Tip us?

#G#
Old
(Last edited by #G#; 13th April 2012 at 01:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
DELETE THIS POST OF MINE PLEASE

I realized my phone is 2.3.6 and so there is another route to go root

Hello!

I did all the above but maybe the exploit is not valid anymore??

Here are my logs:
--Starting---
---Killing the adb server to make sure that there are no problems---
---Waiting for Device---
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
---Cleaning out any previous zergRush attempts---
---Creating temp folder for zergRush---
---Pushing zergRush---
565 KB/s (23052 bytes in 0.039s)
---Fixing permissions for zergRush---
---Running zergRush---

[**] Zerg rush - Android 2.2/2.3 local root
4517 KB/s (1075144 bytes in 0.232s)
---Fixing busybox permissions---
---remounting system---
mount: permission denied (are you root?)

No remounting occurs so the rest fails

btc2003
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I lost my wall charger for this pro plus, can I use the charger of XT610 for this one? are they the same specs? thanks

Ineedtoys
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by btc2003 View Post
I lost my wall charger for this pro plus, can I use the charger of XT610 for this one? are they the same specs? thanks
Yes.

hoz74
Old
(Last edited by hoz74; 24th April 2012 at 12:02 PM.) Reason: adding
Thanks Meter 0
Hello all,
I'm french, and I just got a Motorola pro + (MB632) yesterday,

very nice phone, everything good, but 1 reboot appears yesterday, when i was at android 2.3.5 .
I update the software to 2.3.6 with Motoblur, and this morning : new reboot
i contact the support, they told me to do a factory reset... that i did.

For the moment, no problem, but i noticed on lot of website that this (reboot) happened a lot on pro+ ...

from what i remember, i got approximately the same thing with my old Motorola Milestone, but everything goes well when i installed CM7... i suppose the community is not as big for this phone to have this kind of software ?

thanks for your help, if you have tips or advices ?

EDIT : And do you know if it's possible to edit the name of the provider in the task bar ?
mine : "bouygues telecom" is very long, and there is no space for other notifications...

yeah_mike
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoz74 View Post
EDIT : And do you know if it's possible to edit the name of the provider in the task bar ?
mine : "bouygues telecom" is very long, and there is no space for other notifications...
Step 1: root your phone. Since you're on 2.3.6, go to page 13 of this thread. There's a link that shows you how to root.

Step 2: download and run the app Carrier Name ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=901865 )

steelhelmet
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update 2.3.6 from Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah_mike View Post
Step 1: root your phone. Since you're on 2.3.6, go to page 13 of this thread. There's a link that shows you how to root.

Step 2: download and run the app Carrier Name ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=901865 )
Hey Mike, I saw you posted a question about OTA update 2.3.6 from Bell on the Moto Pro+ Forum back in February. Did you manage to update your phone via the OTA release v55.10.3900?

Motorola mentions on the changelog that it patches battery drain. Also it is mentioned that the update is for users running v55.10.280, which we do here in Colombia, and suffer battery drain as well.

Is there any chance you can upload the update file? Thanks in advance!

GravityTheDon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi guys,

Quick question....I want to put the apps 'Draw Something' and 'Words with Friends' on my Pro+ but it's not listed in the Play Store when I search for it.

If I go to the Play Store via the browser I can find it but it won't let me install. It says 'Not compatible with your device'. Is there a way to get around this? If I rooted it would I be able to install them?

Thanks.

Grav

yeah_mike
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhelmet View Post
Hey Mike, I saw you posted a question about OTA update 2.3.6 from Bell on the Moto Pro+ Forum back in February. Did you manage to update your phone via the OTA release v55.10.3900?

Motorola mentions on the changelog that it patches battery drain. Also it is mentioned that the update is for users running v55.10.280, which we do here in Colombia, and suffer battery drain as well.

Is there any chance you can upload the update file? Thanks in advance!
See attachment for link.

I don't know why the filename says v55.10.280. This is the correct file I received OTA (v55.10.3900), but I have not tried updating.

My understanding of the changelog is that the update patches a battery drain bug associated with the daylight saving time change over. DST was months ago. If you're experiencing ongoing battery drain, I don't think this update will fix it...

If you successfully update, let me know if this file updates to 2.3.6, or stays at 2.3.5.
Attached Files
File Type: txt link.txt - [Click for QR Code] (55 Bytes, 33 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to yeah_mike For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hoz74
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah_mike View Post

Thanks,
it works perfectly,

No new reboot problems since i do a wipe, that's a wonderful phone (but sometimes some lags can appear...)

kent_lkc
Old
Thanks Meter 119

DONATE TO ME
Hi guys... I know everybody is looking for STOCK FASTBOOT for MB632 Motorola Pro +.
And I will be releasing about 10 MB632 fastboot at my site.
But before releasing those fastboot files, I would like to get more info from you all.
PM me your build.prop & default.prop. Thanks.
Buy me drinks >> DONATE <<
FIRMWARE TEAM Member
Droidevelopers.com Founder
FIRMWARE SANCTUARY Founder
Motorola Razr XT910 updated RTGB 4.0.4 + rooted.
Motorola XOOM 2 MZ616 , rooted install ICS 4.0.4
Motorola Defy Mini XT321, can't root !!
Samsung Galaxy Note, 4.0.4 + rooted.
Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 stock.
HTC Incredible S S-Off, rooted installed 4.0.4 Gingerbread.
Sony Xperia S updated ICS 4.0.4 stock o.O"
YouTube: << Custom USB Jig + Unbrick SGS2>>

The Following User Says Thank You to kent_lkc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
elway, mb632, motorola pro, motorola pro+, pro plus