5,593,293 Members 32,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][CM9] Iconia ICS Project - New builds 8 July

Tip us?

lowsum
Old
Thanks Meter 70
It won't install in cwm 1.7, this is my error msg:

assert.failed:getprop("ro.product.device")=="Picas so" || getprop("ro.build.product")=="picasso"
E:Error in /sdcard/Download/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-picasso-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip Status 7

Any idea?
HTC Desire 601 UL
Acer ICONIA TAB A500 16Gb
[TO Omni Rom Kitkat v9]
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” -Nikola Tesla

D-U-R-X
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is great news... loved CM7 on my phone... cannot wait to give this a whirl on my A500!!

gh123man
Old
(Last edited by gh123man; 13th April 2012 at 06:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsum View Post
It won't install in cwm 1.7, this is my error msg:

assert.failed:getprop("ro.product.device")=="Picas so" || getprop("ro.build.product")=="picasso"
E:Error in /sdcard/Download/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-picasso-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip Status 7

Any idea?
Open the zip. Go to META-INF/com/google/android/update-sctipt. Remove the top line with the assert then repackage and flash has to do with your recovery

EDIT: added to the FAQ
checkout Tree Task

ADD ON GOOGLE+ - https://plus.google.com/116707674152406292958
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE - http://youtube.com/gh123man
FOLLOW ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/#!/gh123man
GITHUB - https://github.com/gh123man
Acer iconia a500 - CM9 /cm10alpha
GSM unlocked Galaxy Nexus- CM10
Moto Atrix 4g - CM9 / stock + modded webtop
2x Moto Droid - CM7

Zatta
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1352
Works perfect! Very nice to have cm in its open source form on my tablet as well, thanks a heap.

Taptalked u see

damador
Old
Thanks Meter 111
501 3g ork or not ?
SᴧMSUNG Galaxy S IV GT-I9505 White @ 4.2.2 I9505/ Root / FAUX Kernel / Philz Touch / Omega
SᴧMSUNG Galaxy Note GT-N7000 @ 4.1.2 / Root / Ultimate N7000 XXLT4 JellyBean 4.1.2 v6 / [PhilZ-cwm6]v5.03.0 Safe Stock Kernel+CWM6+Root+exFAT+ext4-LT4

moebigsley
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default step by step for the leak?

Ok, I installed the .31 leak. I am happy with it though I noticed some SoD's over the past few days.

I have cm9 on my Captivate and I love it so I want it on the tablet as well. CM has a very nice wiki that walks you though rooting and installing.

Could someone provide some more fleshed out steps for this ROM as well?

I assume I need to:
1. root the leak, probably with blackthundr's method
2. install Clockwork recovery mod (can I use Acer recovery from Google market instead?)
3. boot into recovery and install the rom (factory reset and cache wipes etc, etc)

Am I missing anything? The waters are so muddied for the casual enthusiast with the various leaks and bootloaders and the sudden influx in roms.

Thanks for your work and your patience,
The Following User Says Thank You to moebigsley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zatta
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by moebigsley View Post
Ok, I installed the .31 leak. I am happy with it though I noticed some SoD's over the past few days.

I have cm9 on my Captivate and I love it so I want it on the tablet as well. CM has a very nice wiki that walks you though rooting and installing.

Could someone provide some more fleshed out steps for this ROM as well?

I assume I need to:
1. root the leak, probably with blackthundr's method
2. install Clockwork recovery mod (can I use Acer recovery from Google market instead?)
3. boot into recovery and install the rom (factory reset and cache wipes etc, etc)

Am I missing anything? The waters are so muddied for the casual enthusiast with the various leaks and bootloaders and the sudden influx in roms.

Thanks for your work and your patience,
Okay, as I am pretty new to this device as well and I was facing the same situation as you were in, I'll share my experience in this matter:

I basically followed the instructions here to get the correct bootloader and cwm but instead using the package there I used the package from this post under section 1.1.

But I wasn't on the leak so getting my CPUID wasn't as easy as reading out the dmesg (but for you it should work out). I did the nandroid trick as discribed in this post by Euclid's Brother. The UID.txt was under /mnt/external_sd/clockworkmod/backup/2012-04-12.20.33.00/uid.txt. The text in that file I filled in Vache's site to generate my SBK.

Enjoy the reading

After that it was pretty easy. Just flash through cwm and don't forget to flash the gapps but you are used to that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zatta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jkt97401
Old
Thanks Meter 66
So does this mean we can get MIUI 4 easily!?

Diablo67
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2728

DONATE TO ME
Thanks brother,awesome news for the Acer.Downloading now.
☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣

☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣☣
Android Terms,Slang,Definitions & Guides!REVISED!
☠☠☠Toshiba Build Box☠☠☠HTC Supersonic EVO☠☠☠Acer A500☠☠☠LG Optimus G☠☠☠Casio G'zOne Commando☠☠☠

Bloodflame
Old
Thanks Meter 481

DONATE TO ME
For a first release, this is amazing! Super fast and no bugs so far. All hw works as expected, including the camera. That's especially amazing for an "unofficial" build. Love the boot screen, btw. Can't wait for this to go into the CM9 sources. Definitely a great way to bring new life to the A500.
Nexus⁴ + Nexus⁷

If I have helped you in any way, please don't forget to click the
THANKS button.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodflame For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
amazingly cm!, open source