Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,364 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need Help Choosing a better phone.

Tip us?

estk_breakts
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Need Help Choosing a better phone.

Good Day,

Basically I need to choose from these two phones.
1. Samsung Galaxy Gio
2. LG Optimus Z (korean phone)

My mom is making choose from these two phones and I don't know what to do because both phones are very very phenomenal (If only I could choose both, trust me I will)

Personally, I would choose LG Optimus Z due to the fact the It would be so unique to have a phone which is not originally sold in your country + this dude comes with many freebies like screen protectors earpiece etc etc., and also because of the hardware too. In my opinion this dude is way better than the other dude if hardware, speed and performance are on the line. (and because I'm a big fan of korean culture, I would be so happy to have a phone that looks just like the one I see on Korean Movies)

On the other hand, I've read some claims, no not just claims, I saw some proofs too that Galaxy Gio Can Run the Latest Android 2.4/4.0 ICS, which gave me this hesitation to pick the first dude. I mean Gio is loosing against Optimus Z if we are talking about hardware. But when it comes to software thingy of course Gio is way better.

See ? tough choice huh ? If only some Genius here could help me root and mod Optimus Z so that I would run ICS too (but as of the moment I think korean phones are very fragile to rooting)

Back to the first Question, WHICH SHOULD I CHOOSE GIO OR OPTIMUS Z ??

mdfzhi
Old
Thanks Meter 3,628
Considering the lg had 1ghz armv7, if its me I'll go for it without thinking. Gio had ****ty armv6, and trust me u wont be happy if go anywhere near any armv6 device.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdfzhi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

estk_breakts
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for the opinion, I would pick the Optimus Z too. but I'm afraid I'll be stuck at froyo 2.2 forever

mdfzhi
Old
Thanks Meter 3,628
So its still had froyo? What a bummer. Well its up to u then. Gio had gb and dedicated forum here in xda. Maybe will get unofficial ics too. But the msm7227 armv6 is horrible.

estk_breakts
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It's brand new from korea so basically It's in 2.2