XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Streak 5 dead, what now?

Tip us?

couguar44
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Streak 5 dead, what now?

Hello! i have problem with my streak 5, few days ago battery drained out and phone shut down.
i connected ti a charger but nothing happen, no reaction on phone so i left it on charge all night.
Still no response, no picture on the screen, no backlight, no LED, completely dead.
I can get reaction only when i enter in fastboot mode (holding power+camera)
IN this mode touch screen not working, computer recognize device and i can do flash and i do it successfuly but i still cant turn on my phone.

What can be a problem, I tried everything with no luck, also i have not found anyone with same problem

I have 2.2 official, no root.

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
Thanks Meter 391
Try changing the battery. The one you have could be defective, or else there is an issue with the charging circuit.
Noob FAQ
Q: Can someone suggest a link I can follow that will walk me through the root process for this phone?
A: Simple answer is no. Do your homework. No spoonfeeding here. Check the stickies and the search engine. You'll find it soon enough.

My Stuff: Stargate Boot Animation | ICS-style Theme for DSC | MultiFlasher | Traveller DSC ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to Strephon Alkhalikoi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

couguar44
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I measured with instrument 3,67V, connected od 1 and 4. And few other combination i get from 3,30 to max 3,67V.
This seem to be ok, regardless of that you think might be the battery?

_2bad4u_
Old
(Last edited by _2bad4u_; 13th April 2012 at 06:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 129
Never let the battery drain that much becase now the battery doens't have enough power to start the charging... you should charge the battery manual with some wires on (+) and (-) from a old phone charger be carefull with the voltage(V) and the ampers(A) not to brake the battery, 20 or 30 min should be enough, or you should buy one of this Universal charger. Then place the battery in the phone and it should work ok .
Personal attacks and / or superiority complexes are unconstructive, off-topic and unseemly. I would ask you to try and limited them ... With bowing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 - CM11.0 Temasek ( KANG Thread )
Kernel - Boeffla Omni Kernel

couguar44
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
This morning I optimistically tried to turn on a phone and it was successful
battery Indicator showing 7% so i connected to charger, now is normaly charging, everything is working normally...

I do not understand, what could happen? i few times drained battery to 0% but still able to charge, maybe battery is problem, but again, turned on after 3 days

_2bad4u_
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Don't worry the battery is ok the problem is not to empty it again to 0%, at 5% 7% close the phone if you don't have a charger to charge it. This method applies to every phone and battery. It's not a good thing to fully discharge.
Personal attacks and / or superiority complexes are unconstructive, off-topic and unseemly. I would ask you to try and limited them ... With bowing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 - CM11.0 Temasek ( KANG Thread )
Kernel - Boeffla Omni Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to _2bad4u_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

couguar44
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Now is fully charged and power is 4,07V.
So obviously battery caused this problem.
I think, good info for all who suspect on battery, 4,07 V is power you need to have on fully charged battery.
With 3,6V you cant event turn on the phone.
Thank you for suggestions