How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bootloop on [ROM][ShenQi_V4][20120218] CM7 XT720

OP space4ace

25th February 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

131 posts
More
Hi!

Sorry to be writing this here and not on the original thread but I still cannot post in the Development Forum. Maybe someone can move it there... Please?

Like a few other users, I'm getting a bootloop when trying to install the [ROM][ShenQi_V4][20120218] CM7 XT720.
I tried all the tips from the different users and still cannot get it to work.
A few times, with the SDcard removed, I was able to see the main lock screen but then I cannot do anything and it just reboots again. I tried removing the SIM card as well. I tried other SDcards too (just in case), even formatting one of them. Wipe everything before and after.

Any other tips on what to do? Is there a bootfix needed?

I have a Motorola XT720 and never had problems with other ROMs; only with this one. I'm using the latest Cyanogen 7.2.0 RC0 and it runs great, but I do want to try this one since I heard good things about it.

If anyone can help, please let me and the other poor souls know.
Thank you.
25th February 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 519

1,793 posts
Redownload you could have a bad download.

Sent from my XT720 using xda premium
25th February 2012, 11:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

131 posts
More
I have downloaded the file 3 times, with the same results.
Thanks for the reply; you're very helpful with all members here and I really appreciate that. (:thumbup:

Sent from my XT720 using xda premium
26th February 2012, 12:55 AM   |  #4  
Retired Recognized Developer
Queen City of the West
Thanks Meter: 2,096

2,153 posts
More
IIRC there's a system.md5 in the nandroid. In that case, nandroid should not even try to install if the download was corrupted.
26th February 2012, 04:44 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

131 posts
More
Mioze7Ae: I figured the download must have been good but I still tried again, just in case.

Thanks for your reply. I'll let you know if I ever get it going.
13th April 2012, 10:24 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Boot loop
Quote:
Originally Posted by space4ace

Hi!

Sorry to be writing this here and not on the original thread but I still cannot post in the Development Forum. Maybe someone can move it there... Please?

Like a few other users, I'm getting a bootloop when trying to install the [ROM][ShenQi_V4][20120218] CM7 XT720.
I tried all the tips from the different users and still cannot get it to work.
A few times, with the SDcard removed, I was able to see the main lock screen but then I cannot do anything and it just reboots again. I tried removing the SIM card as well. I tried other SDcards too (just in case), even formatting one of them. Wipe everything before and after.

Any other tips on what to do? Is there a bootfix needed?

I have a Motorola XT720 and never had problems with other ROMs; only with this one. I'm using the latest Cyanogen 7.2.0 RC0 and it runs great, but I do want to try this one since I heard good things about it.

If anyone can help, please let me and the other poor souls know.
Thank you.

I'm having the exact same issue as you. Stuck in the boot loop with the red Moto logo. I have flashed Dexter's 2.2 and Cincinnati Bell's 2.2 as well without any problems in the past (So I'm a noob, but not a total noob).
How do I get out of the boot loop? How do I get to a screen where I can actually do something?

Space4Ace, Did you get an answer?

I am now without a phone.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

To Manually Reset

If there are significant problems with your device or you are not able to follow the steps above please use the following process to manually reset the phone:

Turn off phone
Press Power key + Camera Key + GalleryKey to power on the phone and bring up the recovery screen
When the Triangle/Exclamation point screen appears, press Volume Up + Gallery Key down and tap the camera key to show the recovery menu.
When the recovery window appears, use the volume up/down keys to navigate the menu and the camera key to enter your selection.
Select Wipe data/factory reset
Select Reboot Phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread