Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,662 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LED flashes 9 times when plugged into charger

Tip us?

ibbers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] LED flashes 9 times when plugged into charger

Folks,

I let my phone go completely flat the other day. I'd gone away for a week and had forgotten to take my XL with me, came back, plugged it into the charger for an hour, and nothing.

I do notice that after removing the battery, putting it back together, and plugging it into the charger, the LED flashes red 9 times (exactly 9, each time i do this). I cannot find anything that mentions 9 red led flashes in forums, docs or google.

I'll leave it to charge overnight, see if that makes a difference, but am a bit worried about it all (bought the XL in Singapore, and I'm in Oz, and only have Singapore warranty).

On side note, phone is rooted, the chinese recovery flashed (anzhi?) with bindroid rom flashed.

I'll see how I am after 12+ hours charging, but any suggestions/advice would be most welcome.

b-m-b-85
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hi I don't have a XL but I do have a desire z and it does the same thing I'm not sure if its nine led flashes but it certainly does flash for a while and won't turn on like its dead, i thought its something to protect the battery when drained fully. Although I may be wrong. I find using the original HTC charger and leaving it for an hour or two it sorts itself out when really drained. The other thing is to use a different battery then swap back to the one that was flashing this sometime gives it a kick up the backside. Hope you get it sorted, regards b :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
Phones: SE P1i > SE Xperia > HTC Touch HD > HTC Desire Z > Motorola X535 [sold] > Sony Acro S 4.1.2 Deodex Stock.
Tabs: Herotab [donation] > Asus TF100 [Broken Screen] > Asus TF300 [CROMi] | Google Nexus 7 [CM10.1.2 + Motley v3 Kernel]
Machines: AMD XP3200 64 Bit - 4GB - 400GB - Watercooled - Oldskool [12.10 LTS] | HP Mediacenter [12.10 LTS] - Zoneminder - XBMC
Netbook: Asus AO721 [Ubuntu 13.04 x64]

AndroHero
Old
Thanks Meter 893
if your phones vibrates or LED flashes red and won't turn on. This is a qualcomm debug message and nothing to do with HTC, There may be a H/W fault.
------------------------------------------------------------
My Device
HTC Sensation XL
Rom Version - 3 Musketeers Insanely Cool Sense v2.2.1
Baseband - 10.10.12_M
Kernel - 2.6.35.13

ibbers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
qualcomm debug issue? thanks

Sent from my GT-P7100 using xda premium

ibbers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
fixed. after reading the forums again some more, I took the battery out for two hours, put it back in, connected to charger and turned on. it then, finally booted up. it was at zero charge though, so I have to leave it for a while.

the key thing is connect phone to charger before turning on, after having left battery out, otherwise it will boot up and then shut down again.

forget the multiple threads + posters who gave me inspiration, but kudos to xda.

Sent from my GT-P7100 using xda premium