Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 51,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WP can't send video through Text?

Tip us?

romeo0119
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I'm sure it's not 600k anymore w most of the smartphone, regardless it should have been a standard feature to have. You can argue that wp is the first or whatever but I'm saying still, it should have been there, shouldn't be that hard to code it into the os.

AllTheWay
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 80
600kb is set by the carrier and not the phone. MMS was available on the iPhone 3G. Apple had to work with AT&T to get mms allowed on their network.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
Current Devices

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | LG G2 | Nokia Lumia 1520
Samsung Galaxy Note II | Nokia Lumia 920
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 | ASUS Vivo RT LTE
Samsung Galaxy Nexus

What is XDA-DEVS
RULES: Please read this before posting

wspaw
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Link it

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo0119 View Post
Well I just think it's ridiculous that in this day and age, a company like Microsoft would write and os that doesn't have the most basic feature that has been around for a decade, its not their first mobile Os. Yes one would argue that the first apple iPhone didn't even have mms, but it was their first mobile os, Microsoft has been in the game way too long to have miss something like this. I do like WP but I really think it shouldn't take an update to have something like sending a video through text to be implemented, I don't even think we have the option to send it through email either...correct me if I'm wrong.
I think you're right. On the rare occasions where I find myself needing to do this, I upload it to skydrive and send a link.
Lumia 900

Focus S Chevron unlocked, INTEROP unlocked

Samsung Focus, debranded, 7220, chevron unlocked

Tilt 2
AT&T
Energy Nov 2 - 21683 Energy CHT 2.0
R 4.49.25.77
OCT v1.5 @ 748 non-dynamic

h4ck
Old
Thanks Meter 0
like....7 years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiko36 View Post
Not trying to flame but didn't the first iPhone iteration famously lack the ability to send MMS of any type?

mmian
Old
Thanks Meter 9
it'll be included in tango! chill out people!

foxbat121
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheWay View Post
600kb is set by the carrier and not the phone. MMS was available on the iPhone 3G. Apple had to work with AT&T to get mms allowed on their network.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
iPhone is also excluded on size limits on MMS. You can send much larger sized MMS than any other phones.

Seed 2.0
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
I'm sure it's not 600k anymore w most of the smartphone, regardless it should have been a standard feature to have. You can argue that wp is the first or whatever but I'm saying still, it should have been there, shouldn't be that hard to code it into the os.
Based on the Tago ROM's released you are able to send about 3 sec max of VGA not HD video taken by a phones camera via text. But as far as I understand those ROM's were from the Tango SDK dump. Maybe the final release will allow longer video's. I also know Tango is to provide multiple attachments to a text.

FiyaFleye
Old
Thanks Meter 110
People still send video through MMS? Didn't that die when screens stopped being 1.2"?
AT&T Nokia Lumia 900
Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084

T-Mobile USA HD7
Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango)

Previous Devices: HD7, HD2, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Dash, and toss in a few Sidekicks for good luck

BooR4dley
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Well I just think it's ridiculous that in this day and age, a company like Microsoft would write and os that doesn't have the most basic feature that has been around for a decade
I think it's ridiculous that in this day and age people don't research a product before they buy it. So many random things people are beefing about that a little digging could have prepared them for, especially when locking oneself into a 2 year contract.

loomx
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I really don't care that MMS video isn't there...

I don't complain the infrared isn't in phones any more, its because its obsolete. IMO MMS is obsolete. its a restrictive and expensive way of sending stuff, that you can send much more in an email.

MMS was really only made as an alternative when phones couldn't send emails.

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more