Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

WP can't send video through Text?

OP romeo0119

14th April 2012, 05:26 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

647 posts
More
I'm sure it's not 600k anymore w most of the smartphone, regardless it should have been a standard feature to have. You can argue that wp is the first or whatever but I'm saying still, it should have been there, shouldn't be that hard to code it into the os.
14th April 2012, 05:52 AM   |  #12  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Placerville, California
Thanks Meter: 80

5,451 posts
More
600kb is set by the carrier and not the phone. MMS was available on the iPhone 3G. Apple had to work with AT&T to get mms allowed on their network.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
14th April 2012, 07:13 AM   |  #13  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 11

233 posts
More
Link it
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo0119

Well I just think it's ridiculous that in this day and age, a company like Microsoft would write and os that doesn't have the most basic feature that has been around for a decade, its not their first mobile Os. Yes one would argue that the first apple iPhone didn't even have mms, but it was their first mobile os, Microsoft has been in the game way too long to have miss something like this. I do like WP but I really think it shouldn't take an update to have something like sending a video through text to be implemented, I don't even think we have the option to send it through email either...correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you're right. On the rare occasions where I find myself needing to do this, I upload it to skydrive and send a link.
14th April 2012, 07:33 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
like....7 years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiko36

Not trying to flame but didn't the first iPhone iteration famously lack the ability to send MMS of any type?

14th April 2012, 10:48 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 9

172 posts
More
it'll be included in tango! chill out people!
14th April 2012, 11:36 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 208

2,593 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheWay

600kb is set by the carrier and not the phone. MMS was available on the iPhone 3G. Apple had to work with AT&T to get mms allowed on their network.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

iPhone is also excluded on size limits on MMS. You can send much larger sized MMS than any other phones.
15th April 2012, 01:46 AM   |  #17  
Flag OH-IO
Thanks Meter: 18

282 posts
More
Quote:

I'm sure it's not 600k anymore w most of the smartphone, regardless it should have been a standard feature to have. You can argue that wp is the first or whatever but I'm saying still, it should have been there, shouldn't be that hard to code it into the os.

Based on the Tago ROM's released you are able to send about 3 sec max of VGA not HD video taken by a phones camera via text. But as far as I understand those ROM's were from the Tango SDK dump. Maybe the final release will allow longer video's. I also know Tango is to provide multiple attachments to a text.
15th April 2012, 03:06 AM   |  #18  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 110

1,169 posts
More
People still send video through MMS? Didn't that die when screens stopped being 1.2"?
16th April 2012, 06:38 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Quote:

Well I just think it's ridiculous that in this day and age, a company like Microsoft would write and os that doesn't have the most basic feature that has been around for a decade

I think it's ridiculous that in this day and age people don't research a product before they buy it. So many random things people are beefing about that a little digging could have prepared them for, especially when locking oneself into a 2 year contract.
16th April 2012, 07:10 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 14

631 posts
I really don't care that MMS video isn't there...

I don't complain the infrared isn't in phones any more, its because its obsolete. IMO MMS is obsolete. its a restrictive and expensive way of sending stuff, that you can send much more in an email.

MMS was really only made as an alternative when phones couldn't send emails.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread