Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

ALL ICS DISCUSSIONS HERE, Includes List of bugs < All other threads will be closed>

OP PG101

1st April 2012, 06:03 AM   |  #111  
Flag cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 2

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakob95

I'm betting that we would be able to update to the official OTA through an update.zip again.

i just spent 30 minutes chatting with an acer rep. they said (acer) wont be hosting the official version for download on their site.... once it is released, is someone on here gonna strip it and make it into a zip for our community? he told me the FOTA will not be sent to my tablet if the 4.0.3 on my tablet didnt come from acer... (i told him i installed it thinking it was the official release)
1st April 2012, 07:05 AM   |  #112  
Flag cincinnati

98 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ED2O9

Over the weekend, I had a bunch of time to kill with my daughter, so I gave her my tablet running the latest ICS leak. Within about half an hour, she discovered issues with all the Angry Birds games (no touch input), Flick Golf (touch input was sporatic), Bejeweled II (again, touch input quit mid-game) and a couple others. Meanwhile, I found out that Splashtop Remote Desktop still doesn't work properly. The resolution is terrible and the remote PC won't respond to any input. So, in spite of the few benefits, I switched back to HC. In my opinion, there are not enough improvements over HC to justify putting up with the bugs. Acer still has plenty of time to get it right, but if you're on the fence about trying the leak, be aware that reverting back to HC requires a hard reset so you better have a good back-up app of lots of spare time to restore your apps and setting.

could you give some pointers as to how you went about reverting back to hc 3.2? by the way if you dont have a solid backup plan for your apps, i use applister.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...FwcGxpc3RlciJd

this gives you the opportunity to email yourself a list of all your apps with clickable links inside the email... a little lengthy job but its surefire ...
10th April 2012, 01:51 PM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
ICS issues
Just installed the leak on Saturday. Right away seemed much smoother and certainly faster. Wifi did seem to connect faster with fewer drops, but still won't connect if I'm too close to my router (same as HC). All 92 of my Play Store apps automatically restored themselves, which was nice. Is that a new ICS feature or a new Play Store feature? Only asking because I had to manually install everything except my paid apps on my new HTC phone a few months ago.
Having same issues with games as reported, zero response from any ABirds, Stupid Zombies allows targeting but no firing. Zen Pinball HD works like a dream though. Haven't bothered to try Shadowgun or Dead Space.
I noticed Sunday evening that it started stuttering between screens, both on the launcher and the app drawer. 2 shutdown/restarts didn't fix it, so I did a factory reset and it was back to butter smooth. Now, a day later and it's doing it again? WTF? I'm normally not one to complain about a bit of stutter/lag swiping from screen to screen when it's just the way the device is. This seems to me to be degrading quickly from the fresh install. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it possible I have an app that is not playing nice with ICS? Can anyone point me to a blacklist?
I'm considering downgrading, but at the moment it doesn't seem to be 100% reliable.
Thanks
11th April 2012, 09:03 AM   |  #114  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 10

122 posts
More
So... are there any oc kernels for ICS yet?
11th April 2012, 06:56 PM   |  #115  
Recognized Contributor
Wherever I am
Thanks Meter: 1,057

3,530 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Ghoul

So... are there any oc kernels for ICS yet?

No.
13th April 2012, 08:00 PM   |  #116  

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisterkev

The tablet has crashed / rebooted twice now when turning off bluetooth. Weird.

Same here. Every time I turn of Bluetooth, the tablet reboots.
14th April 2012, 07:19 AM   |  #117  
Flag Cold Lake
Thanks Meter: 732

2,705 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by photopaul65

Just installed the leak on Saturday. Right away seemed much smoother and certainly faster. Wifi did seem to connect faster with fewer drops, but still won't connect if I'm too close to my router (same as HC). All 92 of my Play Store apps automatically restored themselves, which was nice. Is that a new ICS feature or a new Play Store feature? Only asking because I had to manually install everything except my paid apps on my new HTC phone a few months ago.
Having same issues with games as reported, zero response from any ABirds, Stupid Zombies allows targeting but no firing. Zen Pinball HD works like a dream though. Haven't bothered to try Shadowgun or Dead Space.
I noticed Sunday evening that it started stuttering between screens, both on the launcher and the app drawer. 2 shutdown/restarts didn't fix it, so I did a factory reset and it was back to butter smooth. Now, a day later and it's doing it again? WTF? I'm normally not one to complain about a bit of stutter/lag swiping from screen to screen when it's just the way the device is. This seems to me to be degrading quickly from the fresh install. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it possible I have an app that is not playing nice with ICS? Can anyone point me to a blacklist?
I'm considering downgrading, but at the moment it doesn't seem to be 100% reliable.
Thanks

when your going through the device setup...if you click restore this device...itll download whatever apps were last synced with your online backup..as well as your wifi settings,bluetooth pairings etc

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
14th April 2012, 07:47 AM   |  #118  
Thanks Meter: 16

46 posts
Well I talked to an Acer agent and he provided the exact ETA's for 4.0 in both Canada and USA.
USA: April 27th
Canada: May 3rd

...so much for "mid-april"

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk
15th April 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #119  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 91

602 posts
More
WTF? Why is the date later for Canadians? What did we ever do to hurt Acer's feelings?

Oh well, I'm happy that we basically have the first 7" tablet with an official ICS
15th April 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #120  
Recognized Contributor
Wherever I am
Thanks Meter: 1,057

3,530 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1408

Oh well, I'm happy that we basically have the first 7" tablet with an official ICS

Not quite : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...VXFRWP4FGCFKYN (http://www.globalmarket.com/sourcing...view-4167.html).
Last edited by Theonew; 15th April 2012 at 08:45 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread