Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,523 Members 51,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WM6.1/WM6.5.x]«HERMANN» | RELEASED ROMs: WM6.1 v3.0, WM6.5.0 v3.2

Tip us?

einsteinecker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samueldw View Post
I finally got a new battery for my palm treo. Now, i'm going to try one of your roms. Which one would you recommmend?
One of my parrents is using it as mobile phone so it has to be stable, fast and good ;P

And bubble breaker must be present. Kind of addicted you could say
Hi Samuel, it's been a while.

I would recommend 2 of my ROMs for your parents, 1st is WM6.1 version 3.0:

-Very fast.
-Has more RAM available (in case your parents don't completely close applications)
-Has more storage available.

But WM6.1 is best for a power user. For your parents I would recommend WM6.5.0 version 3.2 because:

-Very user friendly
-Finger friendly
-Does not have Activesync open every time

BubbleBreaker is in both of those ROMs, and both ROMs are stable (no memory leaks), a working Camera and Bluetooth functionality, and both ROMs are practically bug-free (that I could handle instead of Palm). Don't forget the Ringer patch, and enjoy
If you like my work, a donation is the best thanks
-Palm Treo750, v3 Hermann development (resumed)
-LG VS750 Fathom (my Android development thread)
-Visit my personal blog
The Following User Says Thank You to einsteinecker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Samueldw
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Thanks,

This weekend I will try the WM6.5.0 rom. Many thanks for still supporting and developing custom roms. I own a HP ipaq 614C but the support isn't that great. A shame cause it is a very nice PDA.

The problem was really my battery. The PCB was faulty. With the new battery everything works correct and the treo shows the right battery status. Pretty happy with that.

JorgeMontano
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Hi einsteinecker, about your ROM for Win Mo 6.5.3, how can I turn the taskbar to the bottom, right now is on the top of the screen, and is overlaid with icons of opened programs, could you please give me an advise.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
-Jorge
Palm Treo750 (ROM: v3.2 Hermann)

einsteinecker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Good to see your battery is okay Samuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeMontano View Post
Hi einsteinecker, about your ROM for Win Mo 6.5.3, how can I turn the taskbar to the bottom, right now is on the top of the screen, and is overlaid with icons of opened programs, could you please give me an advise.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
-Jorge
Hmm, I'm not sure it's possible to switch the taskbar to the bottom. WM6.5.3 is specifically designed to have the layout that way.

If you are asking on how to remove the opened program icons on the top, that is an option in xTask, which can be disabled (go to Settings, and uncheck "Show Icons")
-Visit my personal blog

Samueldw
Old
(Last edited by Samueldw; 13th April 2012 at 06:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Great! I realy love your work, and you're still helping us with problems. I bought you a beer

The only thing that does not work well is the vibrate on ringer switch patch. My treo now vibrates when the ringer switch is set to silent and he doesn't vibrate when it is set to sound.
So it seems that the patch doesn't work for me. I do not realy care, so that's not a problem.

JorgeMontano
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Hi einsteinecker, what I really mean is that I installed the V2.3 Hermann Finger and it does not look like the picture below, it is displayed like the V3.2 with WinMo 6.5.0 version, but with the overlaid of open programs, BTW thanks for the tip on how to disabled.

Kind Regards,
-Jorge

einsteinecker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samueldw View Post
Great! I realy love your work, and you're still helping us with problems. I bought you a beer

The only thing that does not work well is the vibrate on ringer switch patch. My treo now vibrates when the ringer switch is set to silent and he doesn't vibrate when it is set to sound.
So it seems that the patch doesn't work for me. I do not realy care, so that's not a problem.
Thanks for beer

About the ringer switch, I detailed the problems in this post, the reason why it's buggy is because it is reversed, what we were used to "off" is now "on", and vice versa. Weird bug, but I cannot fix that because it is Palm's dll that controls the ringer switch.

But if that still doesn't work, hmm, maybe one last fix, if I can cook a new ROM with the patch built-in, maybe it will work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeMontano View Post
Hi einsteinecker, what I really mean is that I installed the V2.3 Hermann Finger and it does not look like the picture below, it is displayed like the V3.2 with WinMo 6.5.0 version, but with the overlaid of open programs, BTW thanks for the tip on how to disabled.

Kind Regards,
-Jorge
Ah, I think you mean the theme. Unfortunately I deleted that version off my hard drive, so I am downloading that from my link so I can test it again. But if you mean the theme (the dark brown colors), I think I removed it because it was a theme for WM6.5.0, it wasn't compatible with WM6.5.3.
-Visit my personal blog

einsteinecker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Well folks, I have to announce the end of all Treo development, due to my Treo finally dying after its 2nd replacement keyboard (I really typed the heck out of that thing )

The final ROM that I wanted to make was the removal of Microsoft MyPhone and Marketplace, as you all know Microsoft shut down both services, rendering those parts of the phone worthless.

But, I guess as long as you don't tap on those icons, it's fine right?

I want to thank everyone for their wonderful bug reporting, I tell you all now, I would not have even noticed those bugs if it weren't for your inputs.

Would this be Palm's final encore for the Treo750? I think so, we all kept it alive 5 years after its release Well, with Palm having been bought by HP, and then dissolved, I gotta say this was a very interesting run for me, and I once again thank you all for your support.

Thanks again, folks!
-Visit my personal blog

JorgeMontano
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default Thank you!

Thanks to you einsteinecker!!, I've found your ROMs very useful and practical.

Kind Regards,
-Jorge

Samueldw
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
When is the memorial service for your treo? It was a good fellow.

I want to thank you for your support. You are the only one I know who has kept up developing roms that long.
And as long my treo works, I will appreciate your work.

Are you going to develop a rom for another device?

Grtz