[sgt]-[discussion room] CyanogenMOD 9.0 by te4m[MTD][4.0.4]

how many people want this thread for discussion ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

moonzbabysh

Jul 17, 2008
Mesa, AZ
I am not sure what you are asking. I will take a stab at answering this question: How does the battery life compare to the life with a GB ROM? I was using Overcome 4.01 (I could never get 4.1.0 to work) and I saw a slight degradation (at the end of the day the battery was down to 35% instead of 40%) until I learned how to turn off the lights on the capacitive buttons. There are two ways to do this:
  1. Go to settings/system/tablet tweaks and turn capacitive buttons off, of course if you do this the buttons won't work at all
  2. Hold the settings button down for five seconds, this will still allow the buttons to work but the lights will be off

Now I can't rea lly distinguish any difference in battery life between the Overcome ROM and the CM9 ROM. It is important to note that I never ran my Tab with the stock ROM so I can't compare to that. Hope that helps but YMMV.

Edited in: One other thing, I never mess with overclocking, etc as I don't play games and everything seems to work fine so why fix if it isn't broke?

Cheers,
Fred

Alternatively, you can use 'LEDs Hack' app to turn off the capacitive lights.

Attachments

• net.geekherd.softbuttonshack.apk
    334.9 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: ffarber

ffarber

Sep 24, 2010
Alternatively, you can use 'LEDs Hack' app to turn off the capacitive lights.

Thanked and I will give it a try.

Fred

Edited in: Have no idea which phone to select and the apk seemed to have no effect on capacitive button lights. Also, kept asking for root access multiple times. Uninstalled.

Last edited:

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
I installed the latest MTD build. USB Mounting doesn't seem to work anymore, and either my modem doesn't seem to work (I was using the 2G modem file for calling found on some other thread; it worked prior to MTD) or I just have no signal currently.

There is a cool new bootscreen, profiles seem to be added now, and there seem to be some new system sounds too. Google resync works fine (grabs all my apps from Play)

sbradymobile

Mar 1, 2011
I installed the latest MTD build. USB Mounting doesn't seem to work anymore, and either my modem doesn't seem to work (I was using the 2G modem file for calling found on some other thread; it worked prior to MTD) or I just have no signal currently.

There is a cool new bootscreen, profiles seem to be added now, and there seem to be some new system sounds too. Google resync works fine (grabs all my apps from Play)

It looks like we need a different modem.bin for t-mobile than the one that was included.

Dmaxx67

Nov 21, 2011
Memphis
Anybody playing n64, snes games with cm9. Mine plays but gets a little choppy sometimes.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

ffarber

Sep 24, 2010
New kernel available on the Humberos site (see first post in this thread for link) today (April 10). Downloading now. Will edit this post if I find anything. No news is good news.

Fred

MMansoor

Feb 27, 2007
Wah Cantt.
Upgrade from CM9-SGT7-TE4M-RC0.20120307 ?

New kernel available on the Humberos site (see first post in this thread for link) today (April 10). Downloading now. Will edit this post if I find anything. No news is good news.

Fred

Taking advantage of the newbie friendly nature of the thread....

I'm Currently running CM9-SGT7-TE4M-RC0.20120307 ROM, with "Update-Wifi-CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307" flashed on top of "P1000-CM9-HumberOS-Kernel-20120307".

Tried ROM "aosp_galaxytab_optimized" (from 20120322) before reverting back the 20120307....

Can I simply flash the new kernel on top of my existing setup, or do I need to do something extra?

ffarber

Sep 24, 2010
Taking advantage of the newbie friendly nature of the thread....

I'm Currently running CM9-SGT7-TE4M-RC0.20120307 ROM, with "Update-Wifi-CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307" flashed on top of "P1000-CM9-HumberOS-Kernel-20120307".

Tried ROM "aosp_galaxytab_optimized" (from 20120322) before reverting back the 20120307....

Can I simply flash the new kernel on top of my existing setup, or do I need to do something extra?

Yup, just download it put on the SD card and flash with recovery. Should take < 5 minutes.

Edited in: I see you got your answer already.

Fred

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Reinstalled old ROM, and latest kernel. Battery drain issue fixed. Doesn't makes sense, but am happy ! :)

For some reason just installing the latest kernel over the previous configuration was causing the issue....

Old ROM...latest kernel...previous configuration mean nothing. Please put dates in as you did in your first post. I have no trouble with the battery running the April 10th kernel on the March 7th ROM.

Fred

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Looks to be okay for you. Those older dates ROM are still BML (non-MTD).

What does this post mean? What is BML vs. non-MTD?

Thanks,
Fred

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
google is your best friend.
But the short version answer: they are partition tables type.
BML is Samsung proprietary and MTD is open source.

so BML is in fact non-MTD (the even shorter answer)

Suffice to say that differ, hence a move to MTD based ROM, if need to move back to BML will need a full restock via Odin with repartitioning option.

MMansoor

Feb 27, 2007
Wah Cantt.
Yup, just download it put on the SD card and flash with recovery. Should take < 5 minutes.

Edited in: I see you got your answer already.

Fred

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Old ROM...latest kernel...previous configuration mean nothing. Please put dates in as you did in your first post. I have no trouble with the battery running the April 10th kernel on the March 7th ROM.

Fred

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

What does this post mean? What is BML vs. non-MTD?

Thanks,
Fred

Note: -> denotes order of flashing .zip via CWM recovery

Battery Drain Configuration (in my case):
ROM: CM9-SGT7-TE4M-RC0.20120307 ->
Kernel: P1000-CM9-HumberOS-Kernel-20120307 ->
Kernel Update: Update-Wifi-CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307 ->
Kernel: P1000-CM9-HumberOS-Kernel-20120409

Current Configuration (running fine):
Rom: CM9-SGT7-TE4M-RC0.20120307 ->

ffarber

Sep 24, 2010
Note: -> denotes order of flashing .zip via CWM recovery

Battery Drain Configuration (in my case):
ROM: CM9-SGT7-TE4M-RC0.20120307 ->
Kernel: P1000-CM9-HumberOS-Kernel-20120307 ->
Kernel Update: Update-Wifi-CM9-SGT7-TE4M-20120307 ->

Current Configuration (running fine):
Rom: CM9-SGT7-TE4M-RC0.20120307 ->

Interesting, I had no battery drain problem with the configuration you note first. I did find significantly improved wifi behavior with the WiFi update without negative battery effect.

Cheers,
Fred

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Suffice to say that differ, hence a move to MTD based ROM, if need to move back to BML will need a full restock via Odin with repartitioning option.

Thanks, I think I got it but I am still not sure which are old and which are new ROMs.

Also, Google is no friend of mine, I try to stay away as much as possible. It is a necessary evil for an Android user.

Fred

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Use Bing then if you don't like Google.
For cm9 build from 7 April onwards are MTD

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA

roter$baron

Jun 8, 2011
Google Play not working and flashing problem

Hey I flashed humberos ics from the Link in the development thread where it says 'obselete' (because i could not flash newest Bild - See also below)
and now Google play is not working. It starts for about .1 seconds and then it shuts down again. ans solutions?

and then i tried to flash the newest build from the development thread over it
but when in recovery mode it says bad package. can i only flash the roms from the humberos page?

thank you

Hybridesque

Nov 30, 2010

Find that out the hard way when was naive enough to flash back to CM7, but then it screwed up. No real harm done and am back to April 7th build.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Dmaxx67

Nov 21, 2011
Memphis
Can we build cdma kernel with latest updates? Do the kernels have HAVS enabled?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMOD 9.0 by TE4M NOW MTD!!!!!![4.0.4]

dear all,

this thread is created to seperate non development post inside the cm9 development thread and to keep it clean.

WHAT CAN BE POSTED HERE?
    -Related to cm9.0
    -problems during installation
    -Possibilities of bugs
    -All the noob questions

WHAT should not be posted?
    -thanks,thank you....
    -please do not report SAME BUG
    -Do not report if you are downloading new release (just download it and report bugs only)

CM9.0 THREAD
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1385153

HUMBEROS UPLOAD AREA
    http://www.humberos.com.br/p/android-ics.html

GREAT NOW WE HAVE OFFICIAL NIGHTLIES
    GSM- http://get.cm/?device=p1
    CDMA- http://get.cm/?device=p1c

PEOPLE BE CAREFUL!!!!! NOW BUILDS ARE MTD (FOR MORE INFORMATION LOOK AT POST 2)

hit thanks if i helped you
    OK, just updated the fix on github.

Flash SystemUIFlash.zip for the clock.
    PDroid Patched CM9 build

Ladies and Gentlemen.
    I've compiled a PDroid - Privacy Protection patched CM9 for whoever wants to try it. I was using it in CM7, but took this long for something to come out for CM9. Right now the only way to have PDroid working is patching the CM9 source and compiling it with PDroid support.
    It's in testing phase, but seems to work nicely already.

It's a dream come true for privacy - a way to block all those strange permissions that apps require, without breaking the app. Worth taking a look!

My build post for downloads: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24986629&postcount=756

Cheers!
    Installation guide

PEOPLE NOW BUILDS ARE MTD!! FILE SYSTEM BE CAREFULL

FOR INSTALLING MTD BUILD IT IS [MUST] COMPULSORY TO RESTOCK[ FOLLOW TILL STEP 3]

DONOT!!!!!! RESTORE ANY OTHER BUILDS ON MTD BUILDS

IF WANT TO GO BACK TO GB RESTOCK IS AGAIN NEEDED!!!

1)RESTOCK to gingerbread by following overcome method
    www.teamovercome.net
    2)flash the overcome kernel 4.0 to convert the system to ext4 from the above website
    3)DOWNLOAD ANY ANY BUILD [OFFICIAL NIGHTLY OR SOMEONE ELSE BUILD]
    4)copy the zip to tab and then reboot into recovery
    5)wipe data,cache and dalvik cache
    6) a) if MTD build once u flash them mtd zip it boots into mtd recovery and U HAVE TO FLASH THE ZIP AGAIN
    b) if NON MTD just flash the zip
    7)reboot!!!!
    Ics camera apk attached:D:D

Hit as many as thanks you can hit