[Q] Whatsapp!

Tip us?

ajmaeen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Whatsapp!

Im using the the stock WM 6.1.

Is there any possible way of using whatsapp? I just need whatsapp, im totally fine with the stock os.

I have been through so many of the android development threads, and i realized that there is no android rom that is completely stable and gives it a good battery life.

Hasn't anyone been able to get whatsapp on x1, without moving to android?

neoofoox
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmaeen View Post
Im using the the stock WM 6.1.

Is there any possible way of using whatsapp? I just need whatsapp, im totally fine with the stock os.

I have been through so many of the android development threads, and i realized that there is no android rom that is completely stable and gives it a good battery life.

Hasn't anyone been able to get whatsapp on x1, without moving to android?
not possible. The Whatsapp app is not available for WinMo. You have to flash Android or buy/use a phone which is supported.
Mobilephone History:
Siemens S35, Siemens S45(i), Sony Ericsson T610, Siemens S65, Nokia N70, XDA Neo, Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, HTC EVO 3D, Galaxy Nexus

Galaxy Nexus
Paranoid Android 3.x (latest version)
The Following User Says Thank You to neoofoox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ajmaeen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok.

but which android rom would you recommend.

Im not much into android games and stuff. I just want the phone features like, camera, music, video, wifi, bluetooth, email, gps, etc..... not the other fancy stuff.

Any android version. i dont mind if its 2.1, 2.2, or 2.3.... It should just be stable and give me a reasonable battery life.

neoofoox
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Ok.

Im not much into android games and stuff. I just want the phone features like, camera, music, video, wifi, bluetooth, email, gps, etc..... not the other fancy stuff.

Any android version. i dont mind if its 2.1, 2.2, or 2.3.... It should just be stable and give me a reasonable battery life.
there isn't any Android ROM with everythink working, there is not working: camera, wifi, gps, fm radio and maybe problems with video but I don't know

You could look at IceDroid ROM but with every ROM there is no Camera, wifi, gps and fm radio
Mobilephone History:
Siemens S35, Siemens S45(i), Sony Ericsson T610, Siemens S65, Nokia N70, XDA Neo, Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, HTC EVO 3D, Galaxy Nexus

Galaxy Nexus
Paranoid Android 3.x (latest version)

barakaz
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Ok.

i have x1 and i had the same problem so i recommend to use this rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1267166

very nice very easy to use and you will still have your windows mobile and you can boot in android any time you want

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

here is the instructions

01. Remove the SIM card till the installation will finish.
On your pc Split the SDcard with Minitool Partition manager http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html
into 4 partitions (it’s important to set the partitions as PRIMARY):
---> 1st partition: FAT32 (SDcard / Rest)
---> 2nd partition: EXT3 (System / about 250 MB)
---> 3rd partition: EXT3 (Data / about 450 MB)
---> 4th partition: EXT3 (Cache / about 100 MB)

2. Extract the Package then copy [npkboot] folder to root of SDcard

3. Copy [SenseDroid X (EXT3).zip] to root of SDcard without extraction

4. Run Haret and wait until the screen show 'Press Volume Down shortly To Launch ClockworkMod Recovery', press Volume Down button

5. While In Recovery menu, choose " install zip from SD card >> choose zip from sdcard >> select 'SenseDroid X (EXT3).zip'

6. After finish installing the build, return to main menu >> Reboot phone

Run Haret again now will open your android

01. Go to “Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks>”, uncheck “Data Enabled” (very important).
02. Go to “Settings > Wireless and Network >”, turn on the Bluetooth and wait till the phone detect any other Bluetooth Device (very important).
03. Go to “Settings > Location & Security >”, check “Use wireless networks” so that you can use your GPS.
04. Go to “Settings > Location & Security > Set up screen lock > Pattern”. So, you avoid the noisy locked screen vibration.
05. Go to “Settings > Display > Brightness >" and adjust a different brightness of the screen. So, you avoid the light on function keys when X1 is in standby. For better performance disable "auto-rotate screen" and "animations", too.
06. Launch Load Monitor app, go to “Menu > Preference >” and enable “Add Notification, Only notify high load, Auto start, Update interval 30 min., Wake lock”.
07. Press Phone button and choose GoDialer as default app (fix phone call problems, credits to casualt).
08. And reboot your phone.

Second reboot (GAPPS installation):

01. Download “SenseDroid GAPPS.zip”
02. Run “haret.exe” again, go into CWM Recovery, choose "install zip from SD card > choose zip from sdcard >", select "SenseDroid GAPPS.zip".
03. After finish install, reboot phone.
04. Run “haret.exe” again and leave it to continue booting into Android.
05. Now "clear Market data" and "uninstall updates" (Setting > Application > Manage applications > Market). After that disable Market Updater:
---> Install TerminalEmulator.apk (included in the bundle).
---> Type the following command in the terminal emulator:
---> su *PRESS ENTER*
---> pm disable com.android.vending.updater *PRESS ENTER AGAIN*
06. And reboot and run haret.exe again. That's all.

here is the links
http://www.filefactory.com/file/c3e7...XT3_Package.7z
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...47&postcount=2

Thanks to
jerrytan93
The Following User Says Thank You to barakaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]