Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,758 Members 46,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Playground ICS [New Era]

Tip us?

Link_of_Hyrule
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Nooo not real life! jk lol I'm glad this semester is almost over I passed my networking exam and have just two more projects then it's time to party!

oneders65
Old
(Last edited by oneders65; 14th April 2012 at 01:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39
I'm not sure if I'm downloading the right file. I went to the website and chose my device. Tried the dropbox most recent and got an error message and will not download. Tried the dev link with file date of April 10th and flashed the Rom. Played with the Rom and noticed data was not working for me. Is the working available or are the finishing touches still being worked on?

*Nevermind! I thought mobile data and camcorder had been fixed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App
HTC ERIS - ROOTED
TT v8

It's not the size of the dog in the fight! It's the size of the fight in the dog in the fight!!

Link_of_Hyrule
Old
Thanks Meter 384
No Camcorder and RIL are still broken but those are the only major things left as far as I know. Until we have an official update or a leak of it RIL will stay broken sorry.

Link_of_Hyrule
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Well on the latest build Camcorder records on 720p however it force closes. But one difference I found is it actually makes a video file and saves it however the video player can't read it I'm assuming it just fails to encode the whole file and that's why it doesn't work. You are getting so close twisted! I know soon we'll have working Camcorder!

eikoo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
So bugs I came across

Rom Manager does not work correctly in ICS. I does not detect recovery correctly.

Google Play text garbled in the search bar.

Everthing seems just a tad big.

The known camcorder crashing issue.

Google Chrome Crashes on launch.

Good work and thank you.

eikoo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Also proximity sensor does not work when making voip calls.

The other person could not hear me.

Link_of_Hyrule
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikoo View Post
Also proximity sensor does not work when making voip calls.

The other person could not hear me.
Chrome works fine to me. I don't really know about rom manager since I use Boot Manager to run the rom from my SD Card. For the most part there isn't a lot of point of reporting bugs till we actually get a leaked update then I'm sure most of this will be fixed pretty easily.
The Following User Says Thank You to Link_of_Hyrule For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ijeenyus
Old
(Last edited by ijeenyus; 16th April 2012 at 02:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 45
Just installed the new build. LOVE bootup screen, very original. Nicely done!

Update: Everything looks good to go. Panorama and camera works great

Link_of_Hyrule
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Ok I tried out the new build and it seems like everything is slow and freezes up it was actually working better when I flashed it without a wipe lol. But so far camcorder doesn't work. Anyways hopefully next build is a bit better keep up the good work.

I was wondering Twisted if you could replace Nova with Apex if everyone else is ok with that? Does anyone else prefer Apex over Nova like I do? If you don't it's fine I can unzip and rezip like I've been doing.

what be up
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_of_Hyrule View Post
Ok I tried out the new build and it seems like everything is slow and freezes up it was actually working better when I flashed it without a wipe lol. But so far camcorder doesn't work. Anyways hopefully next build is a bit better keep up the good work.

I was wondering Twisted if you could replace Nova with Apex if everyone else is ok with that? Does anyone else prefer Apex over Nova like I do? If you don't it's fine I can unzip and rezip like I've been doing.
I've used it before..I think they're both very good, so I'd go either way.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe