Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,700 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root in Argentina and Brazil official update

Tip us?

MaxK47
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by felipechaulet View Post
So, I'm wondering, if my phone is unlocked, can I install a retail rom over the Vivo rom? I have the retail file to make the upload, but I don't have the Vivo file, so I'm afraid to make any test, because if something goes wrong, I have to put the Vivo rom back to the phone. Then, if somebody have the Vivo sbf, please, send me a link.
Thanks
Try it and tell us if it works. Look in http://and-developers.com/sbf:milestone2 for the MD5, and download the correct rom from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts...tone2/list.php
Sony Xperia S LT26i running PAC v23, 3.4 kernel @ 1.5GHz
Previous: Motorola Quench, Milestone, Milestone 2, Atrix 4G, Galaxy S II

felipechaulet
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ok, I'll try
but, something is wrong, in the first link, the md5 to the Vivo rom is FB3CE24D905539FC4DD9DBEAEFAAE733
and in the second one, this md5 is of the file M2L_U6_4.5.2_51-27_SIGNED_US1MILA2GBRETBRB125LA001.0R_STABLE45LAMI LETRETBR_P007_A019_M001_HWp2a_Service1FF.sbf.gz
that appears to be a retail rom.
This last page have a Vivo rom M2L_U6_4.5.2_51-27_R01_SIGNED_US1MILA2GBVIVBRB125LA003.0R_STABLE45 LAMILETVIVBR_P011_A030_M002_HWp2a_Service1FF.sbf.g z, I'll download both and try.

Later I'll post the result

sminatore
Old
Thanks Meter 4
mmm i haven't understand....are there 2 vivo rom , R0 and R01 and the last one doesnt let us install other roms instead with the r0 we can install other rom?

is it possible install R0 if i have R01 ?

felipechaulet
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm lost about this.
When I plugged my phone in RSD, it shows a R01 Vivo rom. So, I didn't try to install another rom over the Vivo rom.
But, in fact, appears that are two retail roms. And, one of them is R01 and the another one isn't. Look to the names:
This is the R01 one
M2L_U6_4.5.2_51-27_R01_SIGNED_US1MILA2GBRETLAB125LA003.0R_STABLE45LAMILE TRETLA_P005_A028_M001_HWp2a_Service1FF.sbf.gz
And this is the another one
M2L_U6_4.5.2_51-27_SIGNED_US1MILA2GBRETBRB125LA001.0R_STABLE45LAMI LETRETBR_P007_A019_M001_HWp2a_Service1FF.sbf.gz

So, the question is, none of this roms can be installed over the Vivo/Claro/Personal rom?

Another thing. The Vivo rom cannot be rooted because the Vivo carrier solved some security issues in the rom, and with this fixes, the root cannot be made. Then, this R01 retail rom is just a retail rom with the security issues fixed? Or a Vivo (security fixed) without the Vivo stuff (I know, is the same thing)?

I'm gonna ask something. I don't know about exchange roms in Milestone 2/Droid 2, so I was wondering, there is somebody in the forum with more experience about this to try and tell us if works?
I'm afraid of switch the roms and my phone does not work again. That is the reason that I didn't yet.
And in "if works" I mean, if it is possible to put one of this retail roms over the Vivo rom and make root on it?
And going further, if this is possible, is also possible put a non-official rom, like CM7/CM9 or Miui?

felipechaulet
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well, I tried.
And didn't work.
The RSD says that there is an internal error, and I just toke of the battery, putted back in and turned on the phone, and there was the Vivo rom. I tried with the two retail rom.
So, we just need to wait for somebody really good at this unlock phone thing to find the solution for this.

At least one thing this vivo rom is good (I know, sarcasm), even if I try to brick my phone, the rom don't let me do it...
The Following User Says Thank You to felipechaulet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stranyer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by felipechaulet View Post
Well, I tried.
And didn't work.
The RSD says that there is an internal error, and I just toke of the battery, putted back in and turned on the phone, and there was the Vivo rom. I tried with the two retail rom.
So, we just need to wait for somebody really good at this unlock phone thing to find the solution for this.

At least one thing this vivo rom is good (I know, sarcasm), even if I try to brick my phone, the rom don't let me do it...
Sorry to hear that, i was having faith on you :/

Still, thanks!... seems that way.. f*** ROM!

nicofff
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Exclamation Posible new rooting method

There is a (posible) new rooting method over here. We could use a few hands doing some testing, to see if it works with our device.
And it would be great if someone could post it over in the development section, so it'll get more attention

fegerman
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Does this method work an brazil vito 2.3.6, too?

tamas.dem
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Any progress?

Hi All,

first my question: any luck rootin the Latin-American ROMs?

I had the Asia retail on my phone (in Hungary, wtf?) and it was 2.2. I could root it, all was fine, installed CM7 but I forgot Google apps. For that I used Droid bootstrapper to get into bootloader and the phone died (bootloop, etc.) I had to flash a ROM and I used the Vivo ROM. Now I'm stuck with it, can't root it, lost the warranty and I have a huge Vivo logo at boot

So... can we root this ROM at least or any way to install the GB ROM?

Thanks!

stark_br
Old
Thanks Meter 997
Has anyone tried to install a 2.3.4 rom which seems to be rootable?

I'll try on my brother's phone because he has done this **** install on his m2.

If I got any luck I let u guys know...

The Following User Says Thank You to stark_br For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]