Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,906 Members 42,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trouble installing CM6 on my HTC Hero (CDMA)

Tip us?

debage39
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm having trouble flashing cwm using Rom manager. Keeps saying error flashing recovery. I used z4root to one touch root. But my s is still on. Think all o did was unlock bootloader. Also wondering what Rom n kernel run good on the hero. Anything but 2.1 haha

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA

laie1472
Old
Thanks Meter 828
If your s-on then your bootloader is still locked all you did was root. To unlock the bootloader you have to s-off via darchs's methods or reg's method. As far as rom/kernels combo check out the development thread and do a little reading its the best way to find a rom/kernel combo thats right for you. No two heroes are the same so what works for some may not for others.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\

debage39
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Right on. Just wondering what it will handle. Is the method ur talking about cmd? Not too experienced with cmd prompt. I'll do some reading. Didn't know if there was an odin type program. I Dnt knw y I'm getting the error message tho. Thought it might b z4root corrupting something.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA

laie1472
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Nope just flash the zip VIA bootloader if you go darchs method. I'll upload the zip.

#Root-Hack_Mod*Always\
The Following User Says Thank You to laie1472 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]