XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to make battery last longer

Tip us?

j21098
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default How to make battery last longer

I rooted my 4.0 US and i have noticed a smaller battery life now any ideas on how to make it last longer?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

iJimaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 412

DONATE TO ME
Well, there are small things like turning off window animations and auto sync that can help. If you want to get more serious you could drop your max CPU clock speed to 800mhz (you'll sacrifice performance), or if you want to get extremely serious you could undervolt using Steve's kernal. I am currently experimenting with undervolting and will post some stable voltages to use once I find them.

Sent using Tapatalk
Get R.E.D.D ->> Got R.E.D.D? <<- Get R.E.D.D

Asking an ETA for a rom is like asking for a hug from Chuck Norris. Moral: NO ETA'S!

Flashing CyanogenMod on a YP-G1 before backing up the EFS is like punching Chuck Norris before you're ready to die. Moral: ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR EFS!
The Following User Says Thank You to iJimaniac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

j21098
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
I did that but the performance went down i found an app on the market called easy battery saver and ive been using it and i have seen a huge increase i have it overclocked to 1.2 and it still last long

feika12
Old
Thanks Meter 0
use the machine not frequently

exodus454
Old
Thanks Meter 44
The two biggest things I've found are lower your screen brightness and undervolt the processor at the 100mhz (idle) clock speed. I think mine stock was around 950mv and I've gotten it down to around 800mv. That way the device uses even less power when it's sitting idly by.
Galaxy Player 5.0 US - EXODUS kernel, chiprom, 1.5ghz! - currently being unbricked
I747 - Philz CWM, leankernel, pac rom 4.3 nightlies

j21098
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
I'm actually new to root and i dont know much about it