Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 53,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Should I Work on The DX2
YES! Please work on CM7/CM9/ICS/anything else 39 30.95%
YES! But only on CM9/ICS 84 66.67%
NO! The DX2 is dead, why waste time? 3 2.38%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

I'm Back! (for a limited time at least)

Tip us?
 
antp121
Old
#21  
antp121's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2062
Posts: 6,027
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey

 
DONATE TO ME
although im on my rezound, i may break out the ol DX2 if theres something nice to flash

Current Phone(s):
Current Tablet(s):
LG G2(VS980)
Google/ASUS Nexus 7 32GB
 
tshelby73
Old
#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 108
Posts: 623
Join Date: Dec 2011
I was pretty happy with CM7 just needed nuance voice control with Bluetooth voice confirmation, I know that's not a priority sooooo I will see how out goes.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA
 
theredvendetta
Old
#23  
theredvendetta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 156
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by trafalger888 View Post
It DOES NOT run at full capacity 100% of the time it follows the same governing pattern as the first core it just does not sleep



Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
I haven't actually used your script, but I will assume you are correct. However, if it doesn't sleep, and its not being used, than what purpose does that serve? The second core is used when it needs to without the script, so I just don't see a reason to use it.

This isn't the place to be debating this though. Let's all be happy the dragonzkiller is back (for a limited time at least)!
Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give you the future and old age and security. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, do away with greed, with hate and intolerance.

Let us all, unite!
The Following User Says Thank You to theredvendetta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Bohnsta
Old
#24  
Bohnsta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 172
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericksburg
I voted for CM9. We need that base line you've created to work with and build off of.

It's not my place and I'm sorry if this rubs you the wrong way, but don't go criticizing someone else's work, especially since you have been absent. I know you have been busy with school but it's no excuse to jump on someone's ****. This community is dying and anyone who contributes work for it deserves better than that. Unprofessional and furthermore childlike. This being said, I don't disrespect you and I know we all are greatful to have you on board, and again, I am not a high ranking developer or anything (well no ****) just an observer.

Thank you.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA
Motorola DROID X2

HTC Droid Incredible II

Apple iPhone 4

Amazon Kindle Fire


Samsung Galaxy Note II
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bohnsta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
grnsl2
Old
#25  
grnsl2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 259
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Small Town USA Suburb of Cleveland
Quote:
Originally Posted by phieta View Post
Dragon,
I feel ya on the schoolwork. I'm in the library, as I type, because my goal is walking across that stage in a month. Regards to your poll, I was thinking of voting for the first one, but my DX2 is running well with the current CM7. So I voted #2, so we can hopefully experience what we've been all missing out on. I cherish however long you stay with the DX2 because it's a long time until mid-2013....
Thanks for everything
+1 on the same vote and reasoning. - the school stuff. Thank God.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA
 
Travisdroidx2
Old
#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 783
Posts: 2,934
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bay Area California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohnsta View Post
I voted for CM9. We need that base line you've created to work with and build off of.

It's not my place and I'm sorry if this rubs you the wrong way, but don't go criticizing someone else's work, especially since you have been absent. I know you have been busy with school but it's no excuse to jump on someone's ****. This community is dying and anyone who contributes work for it deserves better than that. Unprofessional and furthermore childlike. This being said, I don't disrespect you and I know we all are greatful to have you on board, and again, I am not a high ranking developer or anything (well no ****) just an observer.

Thank you.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA
You ask for cm9 and then give him your. 02 cents. Basically he said if it is not broke don't fix it. You guys want cm9 but also give him crap. I would not blame DK if he said screw all of us and keep it for himself. Then you all would be kicking yourself kn the ass. I am done with this!
 
s.morgan0310
Old
#27  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 67
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Glenwood

 
DONATE TO ME
Default LMMFAO

That was too funny. There is alot of cry babies on the forums. Rushing folks who are doing it for you for nothing, just let the developers do what they have to do to get this thing running and stop crying and whining like a bunch of little kids.

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend View Post
Hey there Dragon, thanks for popping in and saying something so we don't have to answer the "what the heck is going on with cm9" question all day long.
Calling that second core thread "crap" is kind of mean. I'm sure Trafalgar worked hard on that. We were aware of the risks but traded a bit of life for performance.

But again thanks for the update.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
I would have said the same thing, he was just trying to help those out that dont know. I feel if you were to keep running the 2nd cor all the time it would burn up your phone.
 
Bohnsta
Old
#28  
Bohnsta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 172
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericksburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisdroidx2 View Post
You ask for cm9 and then give him your. 02 cents. Basically he said if it is not broke don't fix it. You guys want cm9 but also give him crap. I would not blame DK if he said screw all of us and keep it for himself. Then you all would be kicking yourself kn the ass. I am done with this!
Did you not read the last few sentences in my post? Must not have.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA
Motorola DROID X2

HTC Droid Incredible II

Apple iPhone 4

Amazon Kindle Fire


Samsung Galaxy Note II
 
Travisdroidx2
Old
#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 783
Posts: 2,934
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bay Area California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohnsta View Post
Did you not read the last few sentences in my post? Must not have.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA
I read it all. During management training that is what you call a butt sandwich. We want cm9 and all the good stuff you bring. Butt (sandwich) we don't like the way you talk and you need to be nicer to others. You all should be kissing his ass for doing all this hard work for free.

Last post I will reply to this crap.
The Following User Says Thank You to Travisdroidx2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Bohnsta
Old
#30  
Bohnsta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 172
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fredericksburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisdroidx2 View Post
I read it all. During management training that is what you call a butt sandwich. We want cm9 and all the good stuff you bring. Butt (sandwich) we don't like the way you talk and you need to be nicer to others. You all should be kissing his ass for doing all this hard work for free.

Last post I will reply to this crap.
I kiss no ass... It is just a phone dude.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA
Motorola DROID X2

HTC Droid Incredible II

Apple iPhone 4

Amazon Kindle Fire


Samsung Galaxy Note II

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes