DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii View Post
Code:
.method private final updateClock()V
    .registers 7

.prologue
    .line 736
    iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mCalendar:Ljava/util/Calendar;

invoke-static {}, Ljava/lang/System;->currentTimeMillis()J

move-result-wide v1

invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v2}, Ljava/util/Calendar;->setTimeInMillis(J)V

.line 737
    iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockData:Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;

iget-object v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-static {v1}, Landroid/text/format/DateFormat;->getTimeFormat(Landroid/content/Context;)Ljava/text/DateFormat;

move-result-object v1

iget-object v2, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mCalendar:Ljava/util/Calendar;

invoke-virtual {v2}, Ljava/util/Calendar;->getTime()Ljava/util/Date;

move-result-object v2

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Ljava/text/DateFormat;->format(Ljava/util/Date;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1

const-string v4, " PM"

const-string v5, ""

invoke-virtual {v1, v4, v5}, Ljava/lang/String;->replace(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1

const-string v4, " AM"

const-string v5, ""

invoke-virtual {v1, v4, v5}, Ljava/lang/String;->replace(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1

iput-object v1, v0, Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;->text:Ljava/lang/CharSequence;

.line 738
    iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mService:Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;

iget-object v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockIcon:Landroid/os/IBinder;

iget-object v2, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockData:Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;

const/4 v3, 0x0

invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v2, v3}, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->updateIcon(Landroid/os/IBinder;Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;Lcom/android/server/status/NotificationData;)V

.line 739
    return-void
.end method
in services.jar/clock\com\android\server\status\statusbaricon.smal i

I assume you understand how to baksmali and diff it, the AM and PM should be whatever chars your lang uses for AM and PM (if your lang does not use AM PM). It's not the proper way to do it, I never bothered finding out how GB roms do it properly.
Yea if this is for Froyo then its a no go I have been sniffing around this code for a minute and I know its in the services.jar file but can not find the AM/PM indicators anywhere. Thanks for your assistance though... Just to clarify this is the Froyo method right
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a Nexus 4 on LiquidSmooth 2.5/Samsung Galaxy S2(AT&T)and Wifi Only Xoom

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1437

DONATE TO ME
That code is directly from a Streak 5 360 rom, the base should be nearly identical for all V roms (assuming you're in fact talking about a V)

Code:
    const-string v4, " PM"

const-string v5, ""

move-result-object v1

const-string v4, " AM"

const-string v5, ""

move-result-object v..
is the main functional part of the mod, but I havnt touched it in nearly a year so my memory of the specifics isnt very good
XDA Wiki Moderator
Nexus 4: Stock KOT49H (4.4.2) 2013 N7: Stock KOT49H (4.4.2)
Touchpad: CM11 KOT49H (4.4.2) iTouch 5G: Stock 10B146 (6.1.2)
The Following User Says Thank You to TheManii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1761

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii View Post
That code is directly from a Streak 5 360 rom, the base should be nearly identical for all V roms (assuming you're in fact talking about a V)

Code:
    const-string v4, " PM"

const-string v5, ""

move-result-object v1

const-string v4, " AM"

const-string v5, ""

move-result-object v..
is the main functional part of the mod, but I havnt touched it in nearly a year so my memory of the specifics isnt very good
Trying to do the mod for a Gingerbread based phone - Galaxy 2 actually and I was just mulling around looking for the fix and thought I might asked you to see if you had knowledge of it. The services files are definitely different at closer look but was hoping for some more insight... Like I said thanks anyway and sorry if I wasted any of your time
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a Nexus 4 on LiquidSmooth 2.5/Samsung Galaxy S2(AT&T)and Wifi Only Xoom

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1437

DONATE TO ME
If you're on a GB rom already I dont believe that'll help, you'll need to figure out what code was removed/disabled then, as GB natively includes the ability to remove the AM/PM indicators.
XDA Wiki Moderator
Nexus 4: Stock KOT49H (4.4.2) 2013 N7: Stock KOT49H (4.4.2)
Touchpad: CM11 KOT49H (4.4.2) iTouch 5G: Stock 10B146 (6.1.2)