Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Files & Guide] All *.apks & Framework / Apps safe to remove

Tip us?

mpoehling
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thank You for the List, it is quite Helpful!!

g_ding84
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 7,955

DONATE TO ME
Default com.android.keytracer

Hi ya'll. I have deleted the keytracer.apk and I haven't noticed any problems. I googled what the apk it about and found that it is part of touchwiz but it has a lot of permissions:
add/modify calendar events and send email to guests, read calendar events, read contact data, read user defined dictionary, write contact data, directly call phone numbers, send sms messages, find your location and gps location, edit sms or mms, modify gmail, read sms or mms, receive wap, control near field communication, create bluetooth connections, full internet access, USE THE AUTHENTICATION CREDENTIALS OF AN ACCOUNT, modify/delete sd card contents, read phone state and identity, change your audio settings, take pictures and videos, bluetooth administration, change dial up network state, change wi-fi state, change wimax state, change UI settings, disable keylock, format external memory, modify global system settings, mount and unmount filesystems, prevent phone from sleeping, retrieve running applications, write access point name settings, write sync settings.

So i deleted it like I stated before and I haven't had any adverse reactions, everything works.
The Following User Says Thank You to g_ding84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CASHVILLEBOS
Old
Thanks Meter 88
I don't remove anything....I freeze what I don't want/use and unfreeze when I need'em via My Backup Pro. Just saying *shrugs*

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
BIG S/O TO TEX FOR THE GREAT BANNER
The Following User Says Thank You to CASHVILLEBOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

g_ding84
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 7,955

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASHVILLEBOS View Post
I don't remove anything....I freeze what I don't want/use and unfreeze when I need'em via My Backup Pro. Just saying *shrugs*

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
How do you freeze? sorry a noob question

eznacho
Old
(Last edited by eznacho; 29th July 2012 at 05:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Default sprintandroid.apk and odex file

Does anyone know where I can download it I need it to activate E4GT on boost. that is "sprintandroidextension.apk" sorry..

flastnoles11
Old
Thanks Meter 4,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by eznacho View Post
Does anyone know where I can download it I need it to activate E4GT on boost. that is "sprintandroidextension.apk" sorry..
Try the epic touch forum... you might have better luck...

New to the SprintGS3??? Click the link below to get started!!!

mpoehling
Old
Thanks Meter 4
How do I get 4EXT on over cwm.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app