Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Keeping Interop Unlock with last update (post-KK2)

OP Komtuveuh

29th March 2012, 10:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Hello,

After reading a lot of posts, I still can't figure out if the Interop Unlock is kept while updating to the latest updates. I tried to downgrade to an "unlockable" version, unlocked, made the unlock "permanent" (via Registry edit) then update, but this didn't work.

I used the WindowBreak unlock, achieve to use it with older version, but when I updated, it wasn't unlocked anymore.

Did I do something bad ? Or did I misunderstand everything ?

Thank you.
29th March 2012, 11:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag Lecco
Thanks Meter: 154

247 posts
Interop Unlock with WindowBreak stay after the official update KK2 via Zune but if you do a Hard Reset you can't unlock more

Downgrade to 7740 with Back Up..... Unlock using WindowBreak and then Update manually version OS 8107 with CAB

You must also update all languages ​​pack on your Omnia 7

EDIT:This is in Official Post for Update Manually OS 8107 with CAB By Heathcliff74

"WARNING!! The new Samsung Onmia 7 KK2 update will prevent the use of Interop Unlock and WindowBreak! This Samsung Firmware update is accompanied with the 7.10.8107.79 if you update with Zune. Other Samsung devices are probably affected too, but I don't know if the update code for those device is KK2 too. If you are already unlocked, this update will not relock your device. If you want to keep the possibility of Interop Unlock open, then use the method described in this thread to update to 7.10.8107.79 without updating to Samsung KK2!"
Last edited by Osso17; 29th March 2012 at 12:38 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Osso17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2012, 02:57 PM   |  #3  
Flag Stellenbosch
Thanks Meter: 6

42 posts
More
no solution yet?
I just want to be sure that I'm not missing something... At this point in time there is no way around the fact that windowbreak does not work with the latest samsung update?

Roll back is the only option?
12th April 2012, 11:22 AM   |  #4  
Flag Lecco

247 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanketnam

I just want to be sure that I'm not missing something... At this point in time there is no way around the fact that windowbreak does not work with the latest samsung update?

Roll back is the only option?

If you have received Samsung Update KK2 don't unlock Omnia 7 with WindowBreak

If you unlock before Update KK2 unlock stay

If you do a Hard Reset after Update KK2 can't unlock with WindowBreak

Roll back at the moment is the only option
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Osso17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2012, 03:38 PM   |  #5  
Flag Stellenbosch

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osso17

If you have received Samsung Update KK2 don't unlock Omnia 7 with WindowBreak

If you unlock before Update KK2 unlock stay

If you do a Hard Reset after Update KK2 can't unlock with WindowBreak

Roll back at the moment is the only option

Do you know if anyone is working on creating a new interop unlock? Otherwise I have to restore my phone to 22 Jan... thats a long time and many new apps ago...
12th April 2012, 11:41 PM   |  #6  
Flag Lecco

247 posts
Quote:

Do you know if anyone is working on creating a new interop unlock? Otherwise I have to restore my phone to 22 Jan... thats a long time and many new apps ago...

I don't know if anyone is working on creating a new Interop Unlock
14th April 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #7  
Flag Stellenbosch

42 posts
More
Ok I rolled back. Realised that update doesnt do much important anyway.

Some of the homebew/bazaar apps still tell me my phone isnt fully unlocked though, like opera mobile.

What's the difference between interop and fully unlocked?
14th April 2012, 07:44 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 16

141 posts
Sorry for stealing attention, but can anyone provide a link with instructions to how to roll back, or downgrade, manually, via magldr or somethink like that? Basically, that should be the same as putting a custom rom, right?

Also, all the links posted for previous firmwares are dead, is there a source where i could download a mint official 7740 or previous firmware? My Omnia has been bought in croatia. Should i only use the ROM for a specific region, or will any european rom do? I use my phone in english.

I can't do the zune roll back since i have to hard reset and change my liveID..

EDIT:
Is tis it? Is this how i flash an older firmware? If so, now I only need the ROM files..
Last edited by d.a.v.o.r; 14th April 2012 at 07:53 PM.
14th April 2012, 09:48 PM   |  #9  
Flag Stellenbosch

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.a.v.o.r

Sorry for stealing attention, but can anyone provide a link with instructions to how to roll back, or downgrade, manually, via magldr or somethink like that? Basically, that should be the same as putting a custom rom, right?

Also, all the links posted for previous firmwares are dead, is there a source where i could download a mint official 7740 or previous firmware? My Omnia has been bought in croatia. Should i only use the ROM for a specific region, or will any european rom do? I use my phone in english.

I can't do the zune roll back since i have to hard reset and change my liveID..

EDIT:
Is tis it? Is this how i flash an older firmware? If so, now I only need the ROM files..

All I did was restore my phone using zune... under options, phone, update, then select restore.
15th April 2012, 06:45 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 16

141 posts
Quote:

All I did was restore my phone using zune... under options, phone, update, then select restore.

So i do a restore via zune, and than hard reset and change liveID? That would work you think?

The reason I'm doing this is because croatia has been given access to marketplace and i need to change liveID, put the croatian one as the main one.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread