Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 42,190 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Keeping Interop Unlock with last update (post-KK2)

Tip us?

Komtuveuh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Keeping Interop Unlock with last update (post-KK2)

Hello,

After reading a lot of posts, I still can't figure out if the Interop Unlock is kept while updating to the latest updates. I tried to downgrade to an "unlockable" version, unlocked, made the unlock "permanent" (via Registry edit) then update, but this didn't work.

I used the WindowBreak unlock, achieve to use it with older version, but when I updated, it wasn't unlocked anymore.

Did I do something bad ? Or did I misunderstand everything ?

Thank you.

Osso17
Old
(Last edited by Osso17; 29th March 2012 at 11:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 154
Interop Unlock with WindowBreak stay after the official update KK2 via Zune but if you do a Hard Reset you can't unlock more

Downgrade to 7740 with Back Up..... Unlock using WindowBreak and then Update manually version OS 8107 with CAB

You must also update all languages ​​pack on your Omnia 7

EDIT:This is in Official Post for Update Manually OS 8107 with CAB By Heathcliff74

"WARNING!! The new Samsung Onmia 7 KK2 update will prevent the use of Interop Unlock and WindowBreak! This Samsung Firmware update is accompanied with the 7.10.8107.79 if you update with Zune. Other Samsung devices are probably affected too, but I don't know if the update code for those device is KK2 too. If you are already unlocked, this update will not relock your device. If you want to keep the possibility of Interop Unlock open, then use the method described in this thread to update to 7.10.8107.79 without updating to Samsung KK2!"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Osso17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Blanketnam
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default no solution yet?

I just want to be sure that I'm not missing something... At this point in time there is no way around the fact that windowbreak does not work with the latest samsung update?

Roll back is the only option?

Osso17
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanketnam View Post
I just want to be sure that I'm not missing something... At this point in time there is no way around the fact that windowbreak does not work with the latest samsung update?

Roll back is the only option?
If you have received Samsung Update KK2 don't unlock Omnia 7 with WindowBreak

If you unlock before Update KK2 unlock stay

If you do a Hard Reset after Update KK2 can't unlock with WindowBreak

Roll back at the moment is the only option
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Osso17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Blanketnam
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osso17 View Post
If you have received Samsung Update KK2 don't unlock Omnia 7 with WindowBreak

If you unlock before Update KK2 unlock stay

If you do a Hard Reset after Update KK2 can't unlock with WindowBreak

Roll back at the moment is the only option
Do you know if anyone is working on creating a new interop unlock? Otherwise I have to restore my phone to 22 Jan... thats a long time and many new apps ago...

Osso17
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Do you know if anyone is working on creating a new interop unlock? Otherwise I have to restore my phone to 22 Jan... thats a long time and many new apps ago...
I don't know if anyone is working on creating a new Interop Unlock

Blanketnam
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Ok I rolled back. Realised that update doesnt do much important anyway.

Some of the homebew/bazaar apps still tell me my phone isnt fully unlocked though, like opera mobile.

What's the difference between interop and fully unlocked?

d.a.v.o.r
Old
(Last edited by d.a.v.o.r; 14th April 2012 at 06:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Sorry for stealing attention, but can anyone provide a link with instructions to how to roll back, or downgrade, manually, via magldr or somethink like that? Basically, that should be the same as putting a custom rom, right?

Also, all the links posted for previous firmwares are dead, is there a source where i could download a mint official 7740 or previous firmware? My Omnia has been bought in croatia. Should i only use the ROM for a specific region, or will any european rom do? I use my phone in english.

I can't do the zune roll back since i have to hard reset and change my liveID..

EDIT:
Is tis it? Is this how i flash an older firmware? If so, now I only need the ROM files..

Blanketnam
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.a.v.o.r View Post
Sorry for stealing attention, but can anyone provide a link with instructions to how to roll back, or downgrade, manually, via magldr or somethink like that? Basically, that should be the same as putting a custom rom, right?

Also, all the links posted for previous firmwares are dead, is there a source where i could download a mint official 7740 or previous firmware? My Omnia has been bought in croatia. Should i only use the ROM for a specific region, or will any european rom do? I use my phone in english.

I can't do the zune roll back since i have to hard reset and change my liveID..

EDIT:
Is tis it? Is this how i flash an older firmware? If so, now I only need the ROM files..
All I did was restore my phone using zune... under options, phone, update, then select restore.

d.a.v.o.r
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
All I did was restore my phone using zune... under options, phone, update, then select restore.
So i do a restore via zune, and than hard reset and change liveID? That would work you think?

The reason I'm doing this is because croatia has been given access to marketplace and i need to change liveID, put the croatian one as the main one.