[ROM][0.0.7.3]ICS CM9 ThinkPad Tablet (Alpha)

15th April 2012, 06:23 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 53

174 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danjac

hey folks,

1. I think we shouldn't hijack this thread and continue an overlong discussion about browsers, flash & cm9. It might be a good idea to open a new thread in 'GENERAL' to discuss it in detail and then report our experiences back to Koshu.

2. At the moment I don't know. I have to go into detail to find out how I installed it, I only see in PLAY that it is not compatible (so the 10' version) with my device although it is also tagged as installed.
But not today, I'm tired

seconded.
don't mean to belittle what you guys are discussing, but when I see a new post notification on this thread I'm hoping its a new release only to check and see it a post about browsers and so on. Here's hoping the next post will be about 3g finally working. If wishes were horses
24th April 2012, 05:22 PM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 19

175 posts
Any new progress?

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk 2
25th April 2012, 08:12 PM   |  #63  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 449

347 posts
Donate to Me
Sorry, not yet.
26th April 2012, 12:22 AM   |  #64  

174 posts
Good to have some feedback. I was beginning to feel the project was dead. Even if there's nothing new is it possible to have a more recent cm9 port from the latest releases maybe it may enhance performance?
27th April 2012, 12:35 PM   |  #65  
Thanks Meter: 3

52 posts
with ics being offically released in 3 weeks, i dont think it is worth developer's time till then...
27th April 2012, 06:30 PM   |  #66  
Thanks Meter: 69

552 posts
It's not about ICS, it's about CM9 and AOKP and all that fun stuff. It's an enhanced version of ICS, such as a hardware button to turn off the touchscreen, several tweaks to speed up the system, etc. You really don't want to use stock, generally.
27th April 2012, 06:52 PM   |  #67  
Thanks Meter: 689

1,381 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hah since you mentioned it, I would MUCH rather have an AOKP port then CM9. Not that I don't appreciate the awesome work that's been done...

-Posted from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus
27th April 2012, 07:00 PM   |  #68  

175 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMasterClay

Hah since you mentioned it, I would MUCH rather have an AOKP port then CM9. Not that I don't appreciate the awesome work that's been done...

-Posted from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus

I agree .....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
27th April 2012, 07:08 PM   |  #69  

175 posts
Hell if I knew anything about building a rom I would have done it .......with that being said the people over in the nook color threads got together and learned how to compiled from source and since have become devs of their own I would love to see that happen with the TPT being that we don't have a lot of dev support except for those that are you know who ya are lol the more people are interested the more we can dev this tablet ..anyone interested .....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
28th April 2012, 11:24 AM   |  #70  

174 posts
First of all, I'd be highly surprised if lenovo kept to their word and released ics in May. Look how long it took them to release ota 2 with all that carrier certification rubbish. Why carriers have a say in a business tablet is beyond my imagination but that's another matter.

Secondly, I agree that aokp seems to be slightly better than cm9 so maybe we can work together and make use of the wonderful work koshu and Jon have done to improve the port.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread