Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,899 Members 48,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Tip us?

apanihi
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by switters1 View Post
I updated but I don't think it helped. Gps lock still takes forever. And I also noticed that the compass seems really off. It will often point east when I am facing north and then it will drift around a bunch. Anybody else have this problem?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
GPS locks within seconds here running 4/13. NFC working as well. Running UCLD3 getting 7/1Mbit. Thanks to CM9 team and others

thedude420
Old
(Last edited by thedude420; 15th April 2012 at 01:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by apanihi View Post
I dig your style there dude, but what's with all the swearing?

****, I know that guy. He's a nihilist.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedude420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rytymu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Freezing

I don't know about everyone else, but my phone is consistently freezing up and will not turn back on unless I do the whole power/volume keys holding deal. The other issue I'm having is I'll be using the phone, and randomly the keys/screen/buttons will not respond to touch/depress (resulting in holding power/volume up/down). I have tried wiping the cache/dalvik & re-installing the ROM, fixing permissions, etc... Any idea on a fix, or are these common problems with everyone?

KevinChaos
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by rytymu View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but my phone is consistently freezing up and will not turn back on unless I do the whole power/volume keys holding deal. The other issue I'm having is I'll be using the phone, and randomly the keys/screen/buttons will not respond to touch/depress (resulting in holding power/volume up/down). I have tried wiping the cache/dalvik & re-installing the ROM, fixing permissions, etc... Any idea on a fix, or are these common problems with everyone?
I haven't had these issues. Are you running the stock kernel? I had these problems with siyah so I switched back. I'd suggest doing a full wipe and then flash the latest nightly and gapps.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to KevinChaos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TonyStark
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5158
Quote:
My only suggestion would be to do what I did. Re-flash making sure to clear EVERYTHING... Delvik>Cache then data/factory reset.

The Following User Says Thank You to TonyStark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rytymu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Oh yeah, duh, I'm running Siyah. Didn't do that before I flashed it, I should of thought of that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinChaos View Post
I haven't had these issues. Are you running the stock kernel? I had these problems with siyah so I switched back. I'd suggest doing a full wipe and then flash the latest nightly and gapps.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

So I just did the cache/dalvik wipe, and then the factory reset (followed by flashing the latest nightly), but the weird thing is, the gapps were already there (I realized upon boot that I forgot to flash the zip for them)... It asked for my Google login and everything... Everything appears to be working so far, but I'm 100% sure I did not flash gapps. Any thoughts on why they would be there?
The Following User Says Thank You to rytymu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TonyStark
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5158
Quote:
Oh yeah, duh, I'm running Siyah. Didn't do that before I flashed it, I should of thought of that...

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

So I just did the cache/dalvik wipe, and then the factory reset (followed by flashing the latest nightly), but the weird thing is, the gapps were already there (I realized upon boot that I forgot to flash the zip for them)... It asked for my Google login and everything... Everything appears to be working so far, but I'm 100% sure I did not flash gapps. Any thoughts on why they would be there?
it's fine, you didn't need to re-flash gapps I would have mentioned that

jweitzel24
Old
(Last edited by jweitzel24; 15th April 2012 at 06:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Has anyone put together a cm9 flashable zip for the new modem?

Edit: nm, just got posted in the modem thread.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

KevinChaos
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweitzel24 View Post
Has anyone put together a cm9 flashable zip for the new modem?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
Search. There are threads in general about it. I flashed it a few hours ago.

tmckenn2
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomween1 View Post
Methods tried are way to many to list. Short version, I went back to Entropy512's I777UCKH7 OCD With Root, (made nandroid) and then installed RM. I tried installing CWM through RM but had no luck.. I then installed SUCK_ICS_04102012 (to gain cwm) I tried to load CM9 (from here forward consider I have done all the appropriate wipes) only to end up in a 20 min cymod bootscreen loop. restored backup and now flashed CWM through RM and tried installing CM9 through nightlies list. In this procedure, it went through its processes and put me back on tasks leak.
i cant tell if you fixed this or not so ill tell you how. This reply doesnt contain any information that i can use to help you fix your problem, what im looking for is in CWM it prints stuff out on the bottom of the screen. when something doesnt take the reason is there.

ok step 1) flash a CWM of your choice from a development thread. preferably the newest one. to do this DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER. reboot into recovery and do it the old fashioned way. look for those error messages

2) install CM9 from this thread LOOK FOR ANY ERRORS. with this they should stay at the bottom of the screen so you can read them

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics, teamhacksung