14th April 2012, 08:17 PM   |  #511  
Recognized Developer
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 38,755

13,107 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loSconosciuto

@DooMLoRD
Let users with no external SD to finish their backups without errors (it doesn't matter if you backup into external or internal SD)
The error:

Code:
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 on /sdcard failed: No such file or directory
Unable to find mounted volume: /sdcard
Error finding an appropriate backup handler.
The problem is that there's an error in res/etc/recovery.fstab (check=no - vfat partitions). This error won't let CWM mount /emmc and /sdcard.
amit fixed it forcing the mount with /sbin/postrecoveryboot.sh (as the name says, it is executed right after recovery boot), but I think he didn't consider the users with no external SD. Moreover you can't unmount /sdcard if you first don't unmount /sdcard/.android_secure.

That said, my question is: do we still need this script? https://github.com/XDA-Bam/samsung_k...ecoveryboot.sh
I'm sure the first two lines (mount etc) are useless. The problem is the rest. I think those lines could only give problems (starting from line 12, except the last one).

I don't know what happens if we leave this script as it is, I tried to do a backup with only the last line and for today no more backups and tries.

I will talk to Napstar about this

Sent from my LT26i using XDA
15th April 2012, 09:08 AM   |  #512  
Flag cagayan de oro
Thanks Meter: 25

127 posts
More
@XDA_Bam ... could you include touch recovery too on your next release? it might be a solution to the home button problem. or is it causing issues on the kernel thats why you didnt implement it?
15th April 2012, 12:59 PM   |  #513  
Thanks Meter: 2,813

765 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noypi_ako

@XDA_Bam ... could you include touch recovery too on your next release? it might be a solution to the home button problem. or is it causing issues on the kernel thats why you didnt implement it?

I don't know why he didn't use the touch version, but this one is good for me. If you need the touch version just because of the home button read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=502

@XDA_Bam
sbin/postrecoveryboot.sh is not needed, even the last line. You can comment everything. /dbdata didn't even exist before my fix_permissions fix, this version of recovery uses /datadata.
The Following User Says Thank You to loSconosciuto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2012, 01:40 PM   |  #514  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 826

412 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loSconosciuto

I don't know why he didn't use the touch version, but this one is good for me. If you need the touch version just because of the home button read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=502

@XDA_Bam
sbin/postrecoveryboot.sh is not needed, even the last line. You can comment everything. /dbdata didn't even exist before my fix_permissions fix, this version of recovery uses /datadata.

OK. So, I will include your new recovery.fstab and delete the postrecovery script
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_Bam For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2012, 04:24 PM   |  #515  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3,601

1,210 posts
Donate to Me
More
@DOomLoRD @XDA_BAM

Sorry for interrupting,

but when changing CPU Freq's in the code,

What is .iva ? I know whats .mpu and .ena ...

Thanks!
15th April 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #516  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 826

412 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_Pat

@DOomLoRD @XDA_BAM

Sorry for interrupting,

but when changing CPU Freq's in the code,

What is .iva ? I know whats .mpu and .ena ...

Thanks!

It's a video de-/encoding co-processor. It helps e.g. with encoding the video captured by the camera. We had problems with choppy videos when adding the 1.2 GHz step for the first time, because in the original patch, the IVA was clocked down to 65 MHz when OPP5 was engaged. The system couldn't handle the video bitstream and "choked" on it. After adjusting IVA frequency to 840 MHz, everything was fine again.

@All: If you want bluetooth HID support, test it !
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_Bam For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 02:16 AM   |  #517  
Flag cagayan de oro

127 posts
More
is this normal? or is it just me?
i just recently installed this beta 12 kernel with CF root
before i did i flashed to XXKPE then DXKP9 which is standard stock in my country
then i flashed this kernel with CF root
wiped everything ... cache ... dalvik cache ... battery stats
the just installed the basics, go launcher , no games, no heavy apps as i was testing it still

i set everything as is by default
drained the battery yesterday and fully charged it in "off" state
its was full charged around 11:30 pm then i turned on my phone
as it was too late i went directly to sleep
when i woke up this morning 9:00 am
batt is already 81% and wasnt used

so should i changed governors or schedulers?
but from full to 81% in 9 hours 30 mins without use ... it really is draining fast

EDIT:
i notice "maybe" cause of my fast battery drain ... before i was on stock for long time, no kernel and CF.root installations. my network signal is normally 3-4 bars. but after installing kernel i been getting 0-2 bars only on my network. 30 mins ago i tried using the network tweak that goes with the CWM ... still i get 0-2 bars.
Last edited by noypi_ako; 16th April 2012 at 04:44 AM.
16th April 2012, 06:26 AM   |  #518  
/system/
Thanks Meter: 13

164 posts
Quote:

because some people didnt like touch CWM, including me
16th April 2012, 06:46 AM   |  #519  
Flag cagayan de oro

127 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutronz

because some people didnt like touch CWM, including me

even with touch recovery you could still use the hardware buttons, those small 4 screen buttons doesnt block the screen of CWM Recovery
16th April 2012, 07:03 AM   |  #520  
/system/
Thanks Meter: 13

164 posts
Quote:

even with touch recovery you could still use the hardware buttons, those small 4 screen buttons doesnt block the screen of CWM Recovery

but it take more space on screen, so i cant see the file name clearly.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread