5,594,564 Members 33,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-mobile screen protector...who makes it?

Tip us?

InGeNeTiCs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default T-mobile screen protector...who makes it?

This one: Link

I should preface this by saying it's the nicest screen protector I've ever used. It's crystal clear and has been great since I picked up the phone. I'd like to see what else they have, but t-mobile just rebrands it as their own. My daily driver(Galaxy nexus) should really have a screen protector on it, but all of the ones I've tried make the screen look like crap.

It really is surprisingly good, if you don't have a screen protector yet, I highly recommend giving this one a chance.
HomeWork

Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolaget
The Following User Says Thank You to InGeNeTiCs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thisisit123
Old
Thanks Meter 3
looking at the price i would expect it to be pretty good also
ive been using SGP steinheil's ultra crystal clear (w.e its called) and they have the best screen protectors ive ever used....maybe its the same one its around the same price anyways

InGeNeTiCs
Old
(Last edited by InGeNeTiCs; 10th April 2012 at 05:21 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
You'd think that...but look at the zagg ones, they're 20+ dollars(for only one) and they make the screen look terrible!

I'm looking at the SGP ones for the galaxy nexus now, and it would seem that the only real complaint is that it doesn't cover the whole screen, and that they left a 2mm-ish border around the whole thing. That's a bummer...
HomeWork

Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolaget

8Fishes
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Personally I love my zagg, and zagg is a love it or hate it product.

As for clarity, I think SPGs are the best in terms of clarity, but a little too pricey for me. Heck Zaggs are too, but I swallow the costs when there's 50% off sales regularly. That should be the normal price imo.

inslee
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I've heard the SGP's still leave an oily rainbow effect, is that true?

NogaroS4
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Using SGP now..its oily but I don't get the rainbow. Also the T-Mobile screen protector isn't the same as SGP as it wasn't released for months after the launch of the t989.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

thisisit123
Old
Thanks Meter 3
ive been using SGPs crystal one for about 6 months now
the only time u see a rainbowing effect is when theres enough liquid on the screen \water..sweat..oil.who knows what\
but ive never had a problem with it (i dont think ive ever actually seen the rainbowing effect other than when i clean the screen protector with water sometimes), just wipe it and its gone