Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 41,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New things Launch! Streak PDMI 30 pins to Micro USB connector!

Tip us?

Synman
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 453

DONATE TO ME
I really really really need a PDMI extension cable so that I can connect to the Dell dock remotely.

I have all the connectors but my soldering skills fall short on these itty bitty contacts.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
AR.Pro - Poke Back - Adaptive Tuner --<>-- G-Tablet, Xoom, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Streak 7 4G, MID PD10 3G, Galaxy GT-I9100, & GT-I9250

FuzzyMeep Two
Old
Thanks Meter 205

DONATE TO ME
Default Help to create new product

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxcomchina View Post
I beleive most friends already DIY this or from somewhre else, but this time, we alreay finished design and launch goods workmanship products, see here pls.

we already finished it, and launch the finished producds.

and attach the photo, thanks all!

BTW, anyone who would like made special design and need something special, pls feel free to contact Simon Loo, see my email address.

We would like to design new HDMI cable for streak 5 streak 7, would anyone interested?

I am very interested in helping you to develop an alternative to the Dell Streak OEM dock. i actually just began tearing mine apart, with the intention of replicating the throughput of the dock in to a short Y cable with (type D) micro HDMI female, and MICRO-B usb female port.

I am a Mechanical/Electrical Engineer, adept at board layout and design, as well as mechanical design software, specifically Solidworks.

P.M. me and i will give you my EMAIL address, and hopefully we can work something out. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxcomchina View Post
\
We would like to design new HDMI cable for streak 5 streak 7, would anyone interested?
another point, as far as i can see, no dell streak PDMI breakout board exists, so maybe that would be something to look in to as well. it would most likely take under an hours work to complete the PCB file for a breakout board.

mouse@home
Old
(Last edited by mouse@home; 11th May 2012 at 03:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
It's not for my streak 7...why? Really I cannot use it?

Mysticales
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Id love some sorta cable that I could attach to the dock that could let me hook it up without being in the cradle. (This way if I have a rubber case on it, I could still use my dock since it wont fit in the dock with the case on)
~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
Galaxy S4 (At&t) - Stock 4.3 Rooted
Dell Streak 7 - Streakdroid R8
Ouya - (and my review)

azrael293
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii View Post
Would it be a connector block like the current usb one? I would be interested if that was the case, not very interested if it's got a cable on it.

Have you considered making something like this?

but for the 30 pin connector instead.

The normal dock doesnt feel good to carry around because it's a dock. If it were a box like that it could have all 5 ports (usb in, usb out, line out, hdmi out, power passthrough)
Any headway on doing this or on maybe doing something like a lapdock port? That would be awesome to have for our Streaks, especially if it had the ability to fit both Streaks with and without cases.
Current Devices:
Droid 4: Rooted Running Rooted Stock JB with Tweaks/Eclipse JB 1.04
Dell Streak 7: WiFi Only Rooted Running CM 10.1 Beta by Giveen
iPod Touch 4G: Stock (Guitar FX Processor)
Previous Phones/Devices:
Droid 2: Rooted Running Liberty 2 (Currently Car Media Device)
EnV Touch: Stock - (Alarm Clock and Notepad)

www.halfnightentertainment.com
www.facebook.com/thesandsofahura

thiyagy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Connectors

Hi..
What is the latest news on these connectors??
Thanks & regards