5,594,805 Members 37,200 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do You Think We Should Get This Thread Stickied?
Yes 13 86.67%
No 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

[TOOL] HTC Vivid All-In-One Toolkit V3.0 [3-24-2013] [PERM ROOT] [Noob-Proof]

Tip us?

megatronisabeast
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmikey201 View Post
I installed a custom Rom and everything but its still saying I don't have root access
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...416836&page=31

Read post 306. Read the instructions and do as it says.
http://i45.tinypic.com/6rsx09.png

lilmikey201
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatronisabeast View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...416836&page=31

Read post 306. Read the instructions and do as it says.
he said
8 Attempted running RUU,Failed
9 Entered fastboot via Hboot menu
10 Re ran ruu,ROM updated completely

what is ruu exactly that hes running?

jerrycoffman45
Old
(Last edited by jerrycoffman45; 15th April 2012 at 06:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmikey201 View Post
he said
8 Attempted running RUU,Failed
9 Entered fastboot via Hboot menu
10 Re ran ruu,ROM updated completely

what is ruu exactly that hes running?
rom update utility you can download from htc website and if you dont know your bootloader must be locked put your phone in fastboot usb mood hook it up to computer and run ruu
The Following User Says Thank You to jerrycoffman45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lilmikey201
Old
Thanks Meter 27
thanks it worked

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 479
your welcome

maddie01
Old
Thanks Meter 107
is it necessary to flash a kernal por can you just Unlock bootloaer, Root, and do CMW Recovery and then flash Wild Child ROM? Or is Kernal a must?
Current Device
HTC One 64GB Developers Edition-VIPERONE ROM, S-Off, Rooted with TWRP-AT&T SIM
Corporate Device: I-Phone 5 (AT&T)

Previous
HTC One XL Rooted- ViperXL 3.+.+ JB- ElementalX Kernel
HTC Vivid Rooted, I-phone 4S (6.1) AT&T
Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 International Version (4.0.3)
Motorola Atrix 4g (2.3.4), Nexus One-AT&T (2.2 OS), I-phone 3Gs-(4.0 OS), BB Storm II, HTC Touch Cruise 2009, HTC Touch Pro (Fuze)

hasoon2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8698

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddie01 View Post
is it necessary to flash a kernal por can you just Unlock bootloaer, Root, and do CMW Recovery and then flash Wild Child ROM? Or is Kernal a must?
You don't need to flash a kernel. It is optional. In your case, unlock bootloader, flash CWM and then flash ROM. No root needed if you are going to flash a ROM.
* Developer of AIO Toolkits: Amaze 4G / Sensation 4G / Vivid / Rezound / MyTouch 4G Slide / One X (TEGRA3) / One S / One V / Evo 4G LTE / Droid Incredible 4G LTE / Wildfire S / Desire X / One X (Evita) / One X+ / Droid DNA *
* QX Series ROMs: Dinc4GLTE / One X+ *

If I have helped you, you can give me a donation so I can continue going to school!

Need a phone unlocked? PM me for details! I can unlock many GSM phones, even the new HTC One Series!

Need to see if an IMEI is blocked/blacklisted before your buy/sell/trade? PM me for details as well!

Not only do we Google you, we read your emails, too! <-- Article

"Something can scar you, but do not let it define you."
The Following User Says Thank You to hasoon2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maddie01
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Wow, glad i asked the question as i thought for sure i needed to root...i have a stock Rom I downloaded OTA...
I truly appreciate the note... will do the Unloak Bootloader, CMW Recovery and flash the ROM......
Current Device
HTC One 64GB Developers Edition-VIPERONE ROM, S-Off, Rooted with TWRP-AT&T SIM
Corporate Device: I-Phone 5 (AT&T)

Previous
HTC One XL Rooted- ViperXL 3.+.+ JB- ElementalX Kernel
HTC Vivid Rooted, I-phone 4S (6.1) AT&T
Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 International Version (4.0.3)
Motorola Atrix 4g (2.3.4), Nexus One-AT&T (2.2 OS), I-phone 3Gs-(4.0 OS), BB Storm II, HTC Touch Cruise 2009, HTC Touch Pro (Fuze)

ascalon1
Old
(Last edited by ascalon1; 18th April 2012 at 03:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I'm TERRIBLY sorry if this has been explained in the thread already, but I've read through the thread and tried looking myself, and just can't come to a definitive conclusion about what I need to do because everyone is trying something different, from a different place, with a different goal in mind :P. I had an ungoldy difficult time trying to flash to the official ics 4 rom for my HTC Vivid, mostly due to the info on the net failing to mention a very simple step (relock your bootloader). So this time I figured I'd go ahead and ask.

I have flashed to the official icecream sandwich rom from the HTC website. I unlocked my bootloader with the all in one tool. I cannot get the version 2.1 tool to root the Vivid. It usually tells me that the su cannot be found. Same thing happens if I try to work with the su in a terminal program, for instance. Doesn't work even if I have the phone in the fastboot screen. What do I need in order to unlock this phone from the official rom?

Also note that I got my phone secondhand with VJRaider rom initially installed, and since wiped over with all sorts of kernel and recovery flash attempts. I'm amazed at how brick-resistant droids are. Thanks a lot guys!

hasoon2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8698

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascalon1 View Post
I'm TERRIBLY sorry if this has been explained in the thread already, but I've read through the thread and tried looking myself, and just can't come to a definitive conclusion about what I need to do because everyone is trying something different, from a different place, with a different goal in mind :P. I had an ungoldy difficult time trying to flash to the official ics 4 rom for my HTC Vivid, mostly due to the info on the net failing to mention a very simple step (relock your bootloader). So this time I figured I'd go ahead and ask.

I have flashed to the official icecream sandwich rom from the HTC website. I unlocked my bootloader with the all in one tool. I cannot get the version 2.1 tool to root the Vivid. It usually tells me that the su cannot be found. Same thing happens if I try to work with the su in a terminal program, for instance. Doesn't work even if I have the phone in the fastboot screen. What do I need in order to unlock this phone from the official rom?

Also note that I got my phone secondhand with VJRaider rom initially installed, and since wiped over with all sorts of kernel and recovery flash attempts. I'm amazed at how brick-resistant droids are. Thanks a lot guys!
You are not forgiven!! haha jk.

Download this

http://downloads.androidsu.com/super...ghi-signed.zip

Place it on your SD card. Flash a recovery if you haven't done so, and flash that zip file and you will now have a root phone =D
* Developer of AIO Toolkits: Amaze 4G / Sensation 4G / Vivid / Rezound / MyTouch 4G Slide / One X (TEGRA3) / One S / One V / Evo 4G LTE / Droid Incredible 4G LTE / Wildfire S / Desire X / One X (Evita) / One X+ / Droid DNA *
* QX Series ROMs: Dinc4GLTE / One X+ *

If I have helped you, you can give me a donation so I can continue going to school!

Need a phone unlocked? PM me for details! I can unlock many GSM phones, even the new HTC One Series!

Need to see if an IMEI is blocked/blacklisted before your buy/sell/trade? PM me for details as well!

Not only do we Google you, we read your emails, too! <-- Article

"Something can scar you, but do not let it define you."

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe