Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM - 1.2] BETA ICS 4.0.X - Team DRH (Update 07/02/12)

OP fosser2

15th April 2012, 05:06 PM   |  #291  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 426

747 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by KameoRE

Fosser, sorry to bother you but i want to try something for us Hannspad users.

Can you please tell me what is the name of the apk managing the lockscreen, i wanna edit it (desmali, edit, smali back, test, debug, well that kind of stuff).

Thanks and have a nice day.

It is called SystemUI
The Following User Says Thank You to fosser2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2012, 05:11 PM   |  #292  
Thanks Meter: 570

843 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks mate, gonna give it a glance.
15th April 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #293  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 406

1,315 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobe1976

Ok after allot of compiling my thoughts of what to say all I can come up with is "Your right man". I couldn't go without saying this and I do appoligize for my last post towards you.

I wasn't looking for an apology, actually. What I was expecting is, as I said before, signs of understanding. If you've understood the point I was trying to make, then that's all that's needed... which brings us to this:

Quote:

So, let me get to this question. If some people are still on stock everything and see this tread and say "Ohh let me try that". Will they be able just to flash the NVflash file in the OP and do everything they need to do with CWM 5504 or will they need to first flash the 1.2 w/CWM 3028 to perform the 2048/0 partition to clean the entire nand then flash the 5504 files on the OP?

It looks like you're not entirely clear on the 2 storage devices we have on the gTab, and, which programs work on each. Read these 2 posts:

SD card on gTablet

Android partitions on gTablet

Basically: Only nvflash is used to "partition" the 512 MB NAND flash device, and only CWM is used to partition the SD cards (both internal and external). You can't use nvflash on the SD cards and you can't use CWM to partition the NAND device.

To address your question specifically: You don't need to install CWM-3.0.2.8 and then 5504. Just use version 5.5.0.4Beta15.
Last edited by rajeevvp; 15th April 2012 at 08:40 PM.
15th April 2012, 11:05 PM   |  #294  
Flag The Darkside
Thanks Meter: 559

1,032 posts
More
[QUOTE=nobe1976;24827744]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosser2

I have not played w/ the sound crashes that some people experienced. I know there was a kernel side patch that I did add to the kernel that may help fix a few sound crashes. Try it and let me know.

Well I went ahead and started messing around with one setting at a time and you will not like my findings. Just to make sure that the findings were correct I went ahead and started from scratch with the latest firmware and the latest gapps. After letting it sit and rest in I went and changed the LCD density setting to 160 and rebooted. Since fully charged to resting in standby every once in a while I still have sound. As a matter of fact my keyboard is still clicking away while I am typing this. Battery level is currently at 47 percent and still going strong. Also no need to use the soft buttons since the Capacitive buttons have going strong as well.

The bad thing is that the app drawer is a pain in the ass when you have a crap load of apps to navigate through.

Well if this thing didn't throw me a curve ball. Been using this all day with a 160 dpi and of course whenI got home no sound. ........ I guess I'll be back trying different setting.
17th April 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #295  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 406

1,315 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosser2

Now I'm not fully sure why, but during development there have been a few times where my tablet gets extremely messed up. I have no knowledge why (in the technical aspect), but in logcat all of a sudden I will have out of memory errors and the whole tablet will break and even a factory reset will not fix it. Next I will format the sdcard (2048/0) and then NVFLASH stock 1.2. During that bootup, it will bootloop at the TnT screen. I then have to flash all the way back to stock 1.1, let that settle then move on to 1.2 and then back to DRH. I have no idea why this happens, but it has always seemed to fix any issues.

Is what you're talking about related to the yaffs2 bad block error messages in this post of yours that you asked me to look into?

Quote:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really do believe that booting into TnT does help "something" in the tablet fully stabilize.
Basically I'm going to leave post #4 for anyone that is really truly struggling to get this rom to install although it seems like a lot unnecessary flashing.

I have an idea relating to the above, but, its rather theoretical at the moment--meaning it can certainly occur in theory, but, I've not seen it "in the flesh" so far. I'll have to do a few tests to confirm my ideas first.

Get me a logcat and dmesg output using adb the next time this happens--both in your ROM and in TnT after you boot into it following the first nvflash as you say. For TnT you'll have to flash the zip file in the attachment immediately after doing the nvflash to enable ADB (and root) to grab all the logs.

EDIT: I looked at the updater-script for the TeamDRH-ICS-Beta-1.1 ROM as part of troubleshooting another problem I was having a few days ago, and I noticed that you were formatting the cache partition as part of the install. This isn't a good idea: Since /cache is always kept mounted by CWM recovery, formatting it while it is mounted will trash the filesystem for sure. If you want to wipe things clean, let the user do it via CWM--the install procedure already does this. The same logic applies to the other cleanups the script is doing.

Unlike some other ROMs (notably the HC ones and the latest Stock 5699), TeamDRH-ICS does seem to use the /cache partition actively, and using a corrupted filesystem might be one of the reasons for the problems that some people seem to be having. It's worth looking into.
Attached Files
File Type: zip custom-default.prop.zip - [Click for QR Code] (309.0 KB, 27 views)
Last edited by rajeevvp; 17th April 2012 at 07:56 PM.
17th April 2012, 10:06 PM   |  #296  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
More
Custom build prop why?
@rajeevvp why did you post that custom build prop file in your last post
17th April 2012, 11:40 PM   |  #297  
Recognized Developer
Flag Dalton
Thanks Meter: 2,986

1,793 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevvp

Is what you're talking about related to the yaffs2 bad block error messages in this post of yours that you asked me to look into?

I have an idea relating to the above, but, its rather theoretical at the moment--meaning it can certainly occur in theory, but, I've not seen it "in the flesh" so far. I'll have to do a few tests to confirm my ideas first.

Get me a logcat and dmesg output using adb the next time this happens--both in your ROM and in TnT after you boot into it following the first nvflash as you say. For TnT you'll have to flash the zip file in the attachment immediately after doing the nvflash to enable ADB (and root) to grab all the logs.

EDIT: I looked at the updater-script for the TeamDRH-ICS-Beta-1.1 ROM as part of troubleshooting another problem I was having a few days ago, and I noticed that you were formatting the cache partition as part of the install. This isn't a good idea: Since /cache is always kept mounted by CWM recovery, formatting it while it is mounted will trash the filesystem for sure. If you want to wipe things clean, let the user do it via CWM--the install procedure already does this. The same logic applies to the other cleanups the script is doing.

Unlike some other ROMs (notably the HC ones and the latest Stock 5699), TeamDRH-ICS does seem to use the /cache partition actively, and using a corrupted filesystem might be one of the reasons for the problems that some people seem to be having. It's worth looking into.

where the f**k did you learn this bs from???
18th April 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #298  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 426

747 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

No, what I was talking about I believe was unrelated to the yaffs2 issue. What I was talking about only happens like once every 2 months because I flash so many roms.

Quote:

Get me a logcat and dmesg output using adb the next time this happens

I will grab you a logcat next time.

Quote:

Since /cache is always kept mounted by CWM recovery, formatting it while it is mounted will trash the filesystem for sure. If you want to wipe things clean, let the user do it via CWM--the install procedure already does this. The same logic applies to the other cleanups the script is doing.

I looked into this. Even during the CWM /cache wipe, cache is not unmounted during the format. I do not believe that the unmount is necessary. One thing I was thinking possibly happened was that the format command unmounted the drive automatically, but I am unsure here.
18th April 2012, 03:29 PM   |  #299  

38 posts
[QUOTE=nobe1976;24876388]Well there is your issue. You are trying to use apx mode to load the rom and not the CWM recovery. The NVflash using apx mode is just to load CWM 5504 along with the stock TNT rom. Thats the only need to ever boot into apx mode is for that reason. Installing the ICS rom would need to be done in CWM 5504. To get there you will need to power down the tablet. Then power back up the tablet while holding down the volume + button. Then you should see in the left top corner on the 3 bird splash screen it loading into recovery. In there you will have options to wipe data factory reset, install from sdcard and what not. Follow the OP instructions and you should be just fine.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

I can get into apx to nvflash. Its suppose to flash tnt 1.2 and cwm. However , after I run nvflash, I am not able to reboot. I am thinking its the bad check sum. Meaning I was not able to download the file properly. (The stock 1.2 with cwm )
Last edited by BenziT; 19th April 2012 at 11:07 AM.
18th April 2012, 03:39 PM   |  #300  

42 posts
recovery boot loops
I did the nvflash, let tnt load, it told me there was an update, so just for the hell of it, I let it load the update. When my tab rebooted, the new update was not applied, and I cant find it to apply manually.

Now rebooting always takes me back to recovery. I cant load the system.

I know I can re-NVFlash it, but in the interest of understanding whats going on, how can I tell my tablet *not* to boot into recovery? Where is that set and how do I change it?

tia,
dan

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ap10a1 ics, hcl me ap10a1
Previous Thread Next Thread