Ask a question

No registration required

New to WP7 just go Lumia 900

OP jermean

14th April 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 36

196 posts
Lightbulb
Just got out of a mandatory meeting. Every AT&T store in the US had to go thru the lumia training today. It definitely helped me out. Pandora will work thru Internet Explorer. You can pin to start the web page.
14th April 2012, 08:32 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 3

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisticles

I guess an iPhone user making the switch would also complain about losing "apple services".

But here's a thing - if you're going with a new phone, why not try new services? Let's face it, Androids have been horribly #smokedbywindowsphone in the real-world tests of simple things like finding a restaurant, posting to twitter and facebook, uploading a pic to facebook...the tight integration of the people hub and the extended features of Bing (visual/music/local scout) might just be better

Tell us what services you are using, and we'll point you in the right direction for the WP alternative.

For starters, instead of Pandora, try TuneIn Radio.

Um, or just try Pandora: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...c-0a3edd77b546

WpFandora
14th April 2012, 08:42 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Pandora Radio
Dont know if this has been posted.

Pandora Radio

It is available just now offically. Made by devs here on XDA

MetroRadio or WpFandora are both Pandora apps for wp7
15th April 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 36

196 posts
Theres something on this Nokia that i just cant figure out. How do you save facebook photos ONTO your actual device? Ive tried holding down the picture for a couple seconds and nothing happens. Ive tried tapping on the elipses for more options but theres no save feature. With iPhone/andriod theres the ability to take a screenshot but idk if windows phones have that feature?
15th April 2012, 11:44 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 7

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chivamex10

Theres something on this Nokia that i just cant figure out. How do you save facebook photos ONTO your actual device? Ive tried holding down the picture for a couple seconds and nothing happens. Ive tried tapping on the elipses for more options but theres no save feature. With iPhone/andriod theres the ability to take a screenshot but idk if windows phones have that feature?

If I go into the picture hub and click on a photo that is on Facebook and hold down, it'll give me the option to save to phone.
16th April 2012, 12:18 PM   |  #36  
Flag Kamloops
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
I was wondering if the nokia lumia 900 had arabic support? Can anyone confirm this? I am getting more and more interested in this phone to be honest. My galaxy note has been fantastic, but the lumia just seems like THE phone for me. Time will tell I guess ...

Thanks in advance!
16th April 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 41

263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyOnXperiaX10

Why don't you just flash the ics ROM. I've seen the Nokia Lumia 900 running Ics

Ask us any Android Related Question @FeraLabsDevs on Twitter

Wait, what??? This is news. To flash any ROM onto a Nokia 900, you'd need to unlock the bootloader, right? The Lumia 900 comes with a locked bootloader, so am interested to hear how this was accomplished.

Just tweeted you.
16th April 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
The biggest thing I've missed so far going from Android to the Lumia 900 is the Google Voice integration. I'm using GoVoice for texts, but its too much trouble to use it to dial. With Android, everyone's callerID showed my Google Voice number when I called, but now they see my ATT number. If anyone knows a way to address that without having to use the GoVoice dialer for all outbound calls, that would be great.

I also have a Google + app on the wishlist, but there's only a few people I interact with on there right now - the mobile site is good enough for now.
16th April 2012, 09:13 PM   |  #39  
Flag Rolla, MO
Thanks Meter: 112

1,518 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenikh

Wait, what??? This is news. To flash any ROM onto a Nokia 900, you'd need to unlock the bootloader, right? The Lumia 900 comes with a locked bootloader, so am interested to hear how this was accomplished.

Just tweeted you.

Nobody has seen it running on the lumia 900 because it never has. He is either lying or mistook the 900 for the n9. the nokia n9 has ICS alpha right now
16th April 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 41

263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratax

Nobody has seen it running on the lumia 900 because it never has. He is either lying or mistook the 900 for the n9. the nokia n9 has ICS alpha right now

OK, that makes MUCH more sense. The implications of having an unlocked bootloader had me salivating. Screw ICS, I want a rooted EP7 device!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread