Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 37,819 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fix: apps not working on 3G, but work fine on WiFi

Tip us?

Tirozz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Fix: apps not working on 3G, but work fine on WiFi

This helped a couple of people on a Dutch forum, don't know if it's provider or country-related and if there even are users here that have these issues, but still wanted to let you know:

I have just fixed why some apps work only with WiFi but not on 3G. ICS apparently automatically added Proxy-settings to your APN, in my case Vodafone (NL). This is not necesarry to even make use of mobile internet, and it also prevents some apps from accessing the internet. I removed the Proxy-settings et voila, it works perfectly again!

Fix: Settings -> Press 'Mobile Network' (not Off-On!) -> Names accespoints -> Click your provider -> Remove 'Proxy' and 'Port'

Apps not working on 3G:
- Soccer Live Scores (developer mailed me this solution)
- Rabo Bankieren (dutch app)
- OV Chipkaart Checker (dutch app)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tirozz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RaulB
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirozz View Post
This helped a couple of people on a Dutch forum, don't know if it's provider or country-related and if there even are users here that have these issues, but still wanted to let you know:

I have just fixed why some apps work only with WiFi but not on 3G. ICS apparently automatically added Proxy-settings to your APN, in my case Vodafone (NL). This is not necesarry to even make use of mobile internet, and it also prevents some apps from accessing the internet. I removed the Proxy-settings et voila, it works perfectly again!

Fix: Settings -> Press 'Mobile Network' (not Off-On!) -> Names accespoints -> Click your provider -> Remove 'Proxy' and 'Port'

Apps not working on 3G:

Solved a long standing problem for me - Reset Proxy and Port, and Apps working perfectly when no wifi.
Many thanks

RaulB

chrisund123
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Would you believe it, I've been having problems with an app that previously had worked fine on 3G, but had now stopped.

Chanced upon this thread, Deleted the proxy/port lines and it's working again.

chery22
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:

Apps not working on 3G:
Thanks a lot, man! You saved my a*s and solved a very big problem of mine.

Thank you again!
The Following User Says Thank You to chery22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gshaibi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thank you SO Much for posting it

Quote:

Apps not working on 3G:
Thank you so much for posting it!!! You solve so much problems!! Now I see the importance of reporting solved issues... Thanks again

rohitjaiswal
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Post youtube and some application not working on proxy wifi canvas 2

hello users,
i have micromax a110 , some apps not working on my college proxy wifi.
youtube apps is opening and browsing but not playing the videos,
whatsapp is not sending my msgs..

what to do? pls help me

Leifer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks! Fixed long time problem on S3 with Cyanogenmod 10.1 on Bell network

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

helvir
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Finally, I am looking for solution for gmail issue, and this solved everything.

alghuter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Apps not working on 3G:
I have sprint galaxy s3 l710 and facebook app does not work with 3g, only with wireless.
Can u tell me how to remove proxy?

TheBarkeep
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Solved my browser issue, in not connecting ssl pages on carrier network, only wifi.
Then again, us old grandpa types are allowed to be dumbasses. Thanks dude!