Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][9/25/12] MIUI.us Presents MIUI v4.1 2.9.21 Jelly Bean [4.1.1][Stock CM9 Kernel]

OP weblexa

16th April 2012, 05:00 AM   |  #171  
OP Senior Member
Flag Spokane, WA
Thanks Meter: 552

563 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamchrisc

Yep I did the 3 button... rage. Guess I have to Odin?

Or would I be able to restore boot/system/data/cache from an old GB nandroid and then just reflash 2.4.6?

I've heard that formatting /boot and /system, then flashing the ROM will sometimes get it to boot. Try it, but if that doesn't work, you'll need to Odin to stock and reflash.
Last edited by weblexa; 16th April 2012 at 05:05 AM.
16th April 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #172  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 0

48 posts
More
Crap....Netflix doesn't work? I also tried playing a video on the ROM's video player and mvideo but they no longer play MP4 files? Is this because of ics? If so.....I'll be going back to stock. :(

Please tell me there is a fix for Netflix and regular videos. I've searched around but have found no answer.
16th April 2012, 07:45 AM   |  #173  
Thanks Meter: 1

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weblexa

I've heard that formatting /boot and /system, then flashing the ROM will sometimes get it to boot. Try it, but if that doesn't work, you'll need to Odin to stock and reflash.

Gotcha. Strange that even after I did a full Odin back to stock and did a clean install of 2.4.6, my BLN still didn't work, even before I installed any apps. Also weird that the BLN settings test works fine in the BLN control app.
17th April 2012, 04:39 AM   |  #174  
Thanks Meter: 40

357 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamchrisc

Gotcha. Strange that even after I did a full Odin back to stock and did a clean install of 2.4.6, my BLN still didn't work, even before I installed any apps. Also weird that the BLN settings test works fine in the BLN control app.

This rom uses the glitch kernel so if you want to tweak the bln settings install NSTools from the market. LED options are on the first page of the app.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
17th April 2012, 04:57 AM   |  #175  
OP Senior Member
Flag Spokane, WA

563 posts
More
Still looking for an SMS fix. I appreciate your patience while I get this resolved!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weblexa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 11:38 PM   |  #176  

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MezManiac

I had this same issue. you have to go to downloads app, then settings. There you can change the settings.

Can you explain how to get to the downloads apps section? I went to the downloads app, and it is on off and still not working.

Also, is the 3g signal in the status bar broken? Or am i just not getting 3g?
17th April 2012, 11:47 PM   |  #177  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 16

137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcs1

Can you explain how to get to the downloads apps section? I went to the downloads app, and it is on off and still not working.

Also, is the 3g signal in the status bar broken? Or am i just not getting 3g?

k so go to the download app, hit the menu button, go to settings, then ur there. hope that helps. I just changed the file size limit
17th April 2012, 11:50 PM   |  #178  

66 posts
Nevermind.
Last edited by abcs1; 18th April 2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Figured it out
18th April 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #179  
OP Senior Member
Flag Spokane, WA

563 posts
More
Ok guys... So, I'm having a hell of a time getting the SMS bug fixed, so here's what I'm going to do: For now, I'm going to focus on fixing the bugs that exist in 2.4.6 (Signal bars, torch, wifi tethering, etc.). I have a couple good MIUI.us guys helping with trying to fix SMS, but they're struggling a bit too. This seems to be a bug that is only affecting the Fascinate.

What does this mean for future MIUI releases for the Fascinate?
We are doing everything we can to make sure the Fascinate sees more MIUI v4 goodness. Since I'm having trouble with fixing SMS, I feel my time would be more wisely spent fixing the other bugs in the ROM. I'm hoping that by the time the other bugs are fixed, MIUI will work out the SMS bug itself. Keep in mind, there are a couple people still working on fixing the SMS bug also.

I decided to go this route because it seems that with each release, there's some new major bug that needs fixed, such as SMS, and it doesn't leave me any time to fix the smaller bugs.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to let you all know what my plans are and also that we're doing everything we can to get past this damn SMS bug.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weblexa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 05:54 AM   |  #180  
Thanks Meter: 29

126 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weblexa

Ok guys... So, I'm having a hell of a time getting the SMS bug fixed, so here's what I'm going to do: For now, I'm going to focus on fixing the bugs that exist in 2.4.6 (Signal bars, torch, wifi tethering, etc.). I have a couple good MIUI.us guys helping with trying to fix SMS, but they're struggling a bit too. This seems to be a bug that is only affecting the Fascinate.

What does this mean for future MIUI releases for the Fascinate?
We are doing everything we can to make sure the Fascinate sees more MIUI v4 goodness. Since I'm having trouble with fixing SMS, I feel my time would be more wisely spent fixing the other bugs in the ROM. I'm hoping that by the time the other bugs are fixed, MIUI will work out the SMS bug itself. Keep in mind, there are a couple people still working on fixing the SMS bug also.

I decided to go this route because it seems that with each release, there's some new major bug that needs fixed, such as SMS, and it doesn't leave me any time to fix the smaller bugs.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to let you all know what my plans are and also that we're doing everything we can to get past this damn SMS bug.

Thank you for your devotion Web

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, jelly bean, jellybean, miui, miui.us
Previous Thread Next Thread