Good in-ear headphones for >$25

Search This thread

aqualadb03

Mar 18, 2011
Wilson NC
As you can tell im not trying to break the bank,but just want the bang for my buck want to get something to go along with the beats audio. Any recommendations?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

skyrocketeer

Feb 13, 2012
Google Pixel 8
Well the thread title says you want headphones that cost more than 25 bucks. I'm assuming you meant less than 25. There are very few earbuds that are good for such a low cost. Me, I used the one provided with the phone.
Good ear buds go for more around the 100 price range though. I recommend these http://www.klipsch.com/image-S4A-headphones
I don't own a pair but I tried my friends, man, they are pretty good.

Sent via Samsung Skyrocket with Sky ICS

Reactions: aqualadb03

Droided Up

Mar 28, 2012
I use smokin buds by skull candy literal every day in the gym, and my main music ranges from meek mills to ffdp and everything in between, they hold up to it all and never have blown on max volume all day. Plus there are tons of colors to choose from. $25 everywhere you go. And even cheaper most places

aqualadb03

Mar 18, 2011
Wilson NC
I don't mind spending 100< (got it right this time) on headphones but its just getting them to last....i go through headphones like its no tomorrow....lol that's why i always buy a cheap pair... Any advice?

Deron Baker

Dec 5, 2011
Florida
Although they don't go in the ear canal, the Gumy earbuds by JVC are, by far, the best sounding earbuds I've ever heard for under $25. They are almost as good as my Klipsch s4 earbuds and tend to be more comfortable since they are disc shaped and sit on the outer edge of the ear. They look similar to the Apple earbuds, but produce a much richer sound than the Apple buds.

I would rate the Klipsch s4 buds as the overall best sounding ones I own, followed closely by the JVC Gumy buds. They sound great with the Beats equalizer on my HTC Rezound. Both are better than Skullcandy FMJ earbuds and Skullcandy inkd earbuds, IMHO. Keep in mind that I listen to extreme metal and don't like too much bass in my earbuds.

Gumy earbuds are $9 at Walmart or Target. The Klipsch s4 are $80 at Worst Buy.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2.

Last edited:

aqualadb03

Mar 18, 2011
Wilson NC
Thanks bro...I've seen them but never took them seriously..lol can't judge a book by its cover

Blodia

May 28, 2010
I'm using Meelectronics M9P, pretty good for something under $25 as well.

IMO the M9P's bass does slightly overpower the mids, and I personally find that vocals are slightly recessed as well. But it's good enough for my commuting needs :D

dragonithe

Jun 9, 2010
I'm using creative ep 630.
They are great, just remember to glue those ear buds to the thing itself our you're going to lose them for sure :p

Reactions: rmdeathwish

bobmarsh72

Apr 16, 2010
Cardiff
Look up soundmagic E10, on par with the s4's. Build quality not the best, but sound is brilliant for the price.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

ULAMSS5

Apr 7, 2012
I recommend you look through this thread, if you really want to maximize your purchase.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mul...ared-ue-500-paradigm-shift-e3m-added-04-08-12

If you find it "TL;DR", skim through the your desired price range, and note down those with the highest(>8.0) Sound and Value ratings, then with your options narrowed down, read his comments on their sounds, and details like what's included in the box, build quality etc.

If you're really not in a rush, go one price-range tier higher, as you can often find them under discount such that they actually fit within your budget.

debully

Dec 8, 2005
Worcester
anyone know how urBeats bundled with the one x compare to senheiser cx300's? I just wanna decide if I should sell the urBeats and BNIB is obviously better for earphones!

wai_lai416

Jun 28, 2008
i bought a pair of monster jamz for $40bux when it was on sale. i've yet to use them though but for the price i guess can't go wrong.. i bought the premium version of the HTC one x that includes the Dr Dre beat solo hd.. but it feels weird to use that as a handsfree lol..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recommend you look through this thread, if you really want to maximize your purchase.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mul...ared-ue-500-paradigm-shift-e3m-added-04-08-12

If you find it "TL;DR", skim through the your desired price range, and note down those with the highest(>8.0) Sound and Value ratings, then with your options narrowed down, read his comments on their sounds, and details like what's included in the box, build quality etc.

If you're really not in a rush, go one price-range tier higher, as you can often find them under discount such that they actually fit within your budget.
    Well the thread title says you want headphones that cost more than 25 bucks. I'm assuming you meant less than 25. There are very few earbuds that are good for such a low cost. Me, I used the one provided with the phone.
    Good ear buds go for more around the 100 price range though. I recommend these http://www.klipsch.com/image-S4A-headphones
    I don't own a pair but I tried my friends, man, they are pretty good.

Sent via Samsung Skyrocket with Sky ICS
    I use smokin buds by skull candy literal every day in the gym, and my main music ranges from meek mills to ffdp and everything in between, they hold up to it all and never have blown on max volume all day. Plus there are tons of colors to choose from. $25 everywhere you go. And even cheaper most places

Although they don't go in the ear canal, the Gumy earbuds by JVC are, by far, the best sounding earbuds I've ever heard for under $25. They are almost as good as my Klipsch s4 earbuds and tend to be more comfortable since they are disc shaped and sit on the outer edge of the ear. They look similar to the Apple earbuds, but produce a much richer sound than the Apple buds.

I would rate the Klipsch s4 buds as the overall best sounding ones I own, followed closely by the JVC Gumy buds. They sound great with the Beats equalizer on my HTC Rezound. Both are better than Skullcandy FMJ earbuds and Skullcandy inkd earbuds, IMHO. Keep in mind that I listen to extreme metal and don't like too much bass in my earbuds.

Gumy earbuds are $9 at Walmart or Target. The Klipsch s4 are $80 at Worst Buy.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2.
    I'm using Meelectronics M9P, pretty good for something under $25 as well.

IMO the M9P's bass does slightly overpower the mids, and I personally find that vocals are slightly recessed as well. But it's good enough for my commuting needs :D