Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Case feed back

OP Koizuma

30th March 2012, 05:56 PM   |  #41  
Quote:
Originally Posted by WD333

I wish BodyGlove made a case for the SGS II similar to their Mirage case for the Captivate. I still think that was the best case out there. It was not a lint magnet, it was easy to remove, it didn't stretch/sag even after numerous times taking it off and putting it back on and it kept the slim feel of the phone.

Agreed I purchased mine the day I bought my Cappy (2 years ago). While I now have the SG 2 for the second time I cannot find a comparable replacement for the Bodyglove! I recently bought the same case for my sons infuse.

PS the one on my Cappy still looks as good as the day I bought it
7th April 2012, 05:14 PM   |  #42  
Flag Monterey
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
One of the appeals of this phone is the slim form factor. I used a very thin case from tpu-cases. It seemed to do the protection job and was the thinnest I could find. However, it still was too thick for my liking. So now I'm back to no case. The S II is the most beautiful without a case imho.
8th April 2012, 12:53 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 2

33 posts
I got the Case-Mate Tough case a month ago when I got my sgs2. So far I've really liked it. Its kind of like the casemate pop but slightly less bulky. Its perfect for what I need it for. It has two layers of protection, feels great in the hand, looks nice, fits VERY well n snug, and overall an awesome case that I got for $15 shipped new on Amazon.

Some pros would be
- hard to get on so if u like swapping cases every other day it could be annoying
- the silicon part attracts white powder n lint
- headphone Jack doesn't line up perfectly but it shouldn't hinder anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to shorty920 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2012, 05:28 AM   |  #44  
Flag palm bay
Thanks Meter: 1,263

2,901 posts
More
blue and black balistic case is what i use 18 bucks on amazon may be bulky but its a lifesaver specially since i bought my phone off contract full price

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA
16th April 2012, 02:39 AM   |  #45  
Flag Moore, OK
Thanks Meter: 107

657 posts
What case would you guys recommend for protection, not too bulky but also looks stylish?
16th April 2012, 07:31 AM   |  #46  
Flag Bethel
Thanks Meter: 94

327 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrojoc

What case would you guys recommend for protection, not too bulky but also looks stylish?

Don't know about stylish, but I care a great deal about protection for my device. I spent a lot of cash and can't afford to damage it. I bought the Otterbox Commuter for mine, and I can attest to its durability and protection for the device. I've dropped my cellie at least six (6) times since I've gotten it, one of those including a 4 foot accidental fling across my bedroom while fixing the sheets on my bed, ending in a solid smack on the wall on the opposite side. My phone still works as it should and I have had no problems.
Looks should not be your priority imo, functionality and protection should be, but then that's just me. You can follow this link to see the otterbox case.

http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-SAM-I...4553276&sr=8-1

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny1oh

One of the appeals of this phone is the slim form factor. I used a very thin case from tpu-cases. It seemed to do the protection job and was the thinnest I could find. However, it still was too thick for my liking. So now I'm back to no case. The S II is the most beautiful without a case imho.

And more prone to damage without protection. I dropped mine a couple days after receipt. Good thing it was just a foot or so. I know it's a pretty solid device, but I'd rather not take any chances. Just my two cents.
17th April 2012, 05:02 AM   |  #47  
Flag Moore, OK

657 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_25

Don't know about stylish, but I care a great deal about protection for my device. I spent a lot of cash and can't afford to damage it. I bought the Otterbox Commuter for mine, and I can attest to its durability and protection for the device. I've dropped my cellie at least six (6) times since I've gotten it, one of those including a 4 foot accidental fling across my bedroom while fixing the sheets on my bed, ending in a solid smack on the wall on the opposite side. My phone still works as it should and I have had no problems.
Looks should not be your priority imo, functionality and protection should be, but then that's just me. You can follow this link to see the otterbox case.

http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-SAM-I...4553276&sr=8-1

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

And more prone to damage without protection. I dropped mine a couple days after receipt. Good thing it was just a foot or so. I know it's a pretty solid device, but I'd rather not take any chances. Just my two cents.

I appreciate your opinon thank you. Ive considered the otter box case before but i want something flashy too. I have a regular tpu case and it does fine for me i guess. But im just bored of it being straight black. Its just boring..
17th April 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 37

80 posts
Love my Case-Mate Tough.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
19th April 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #49  
Flag Moore, OK

657 posts
I ordered some kind of alternative otterbox case from amazon.

Its black and purple and i got it for $10. Its called something like Premium Hybrid Case
19th April 2012, 09:25 PM   |  #50  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 1,981

5,843 posts
Donate to Me
More
Take a look at the Rearth Ringke case. Very nice slim form factor, good protection and very stylish. Look here for impressions and feedback: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1376899

I've had mine for months now and don't have one complaint. Very satisfied

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread