HTC One X Desktop Cradle with Speaker CR S650

Tip us?

PaulWilks
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default HTC One X Desktop Cradle with Speaker CR S650

http://www.expansys.com/htc-one-x-de...=base&ito=1701

Considering getting one of these when they are released... I just wanted to ask if anyone has read about the wattage? If it works as a decent speaker I'd be more than tempted. If it's a measley 2.5W pile of nothing I might not bother...

MrRep
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i dont think the speaker will be anything good, more about just puttng the phone on a dock, but i do think its overpriced for what it is, but i love the idea of it.

PaulWilks
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
I just think perhaps the wattage could be the decider... if it's good it'll be reasonable value. I suspect it might not be though

BanBoo
Old
Thanks Meter 106
I think its more "gentle" to put the phone on a cradle like this then fiddle in the plug every night isnt it?!

jonstatt
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Be warned that if you want to use a case on the phone and still dock it, the ONLY hard case that seems to let the "pins" of the dock reach the back of the phone is the HTC HC C704 which stupidly doesn't have a clear version like the HTC HC C700. The C700 is missing the holes!! Very odd design choice by HTC

BanBoo
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Poor thing! And the c704 don`t seems to protect the ring around the lense of the cam.

vioalas
Old
(Last edited by vioalas; 14th April 2012 at 08:12 PM.) Reason: Missing info
Thanks Meter 100
You can't protect the ring on the camera with the docking cases because the dock has a groove that holds the camera, and the extra protection would make it sit in the dock less securely(because it can't sit flush to the dock). I believe that is why they differentiated the cases.

cec24
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstatt View Post
Be warned that if you want to use a case on the phone and still dock it, the ONLY hard case that seems to let the "pins" of the dock reach the back of the phone is the HTC HC C704 which stupidly doesn't have a clear version like the HTC HC C700. The C700 is missing the holes!! Very odd design choice by HTC
But there is a white and a grey version to match each colour of the phone.

For me, the dock is tempting for work to keep it charged and sync my outlook calendar.

chortya
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Is anybody interested in cheaper version with only pogo-pin charging? It seems that pogo connectors are availiable from chinese producers, we just need to design the case and electronics I would throw in my 20 Euro for a good designed product.

Let me know if you are interested in kickstarted project.

BigladUK
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by chortya View Post
Is anybody interested in cheaper version with only pogo-pin charging? It seems that pogo connectors are availiable from chinese producers, we just need to design the case and electronics I would throw in my 20 Euro for a good designed product.

Let me know if you are interested in kickstarted project.
I'm interested. I only want charging really, not bothered about a crappy speaker

Si