Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Long press on physical keyboard has stopped working

Tip us?

jevring
Old
(Last edited by jevring; 16th April 2012 at 08:40 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] Long press on physical keyboard has stopped working

Earlier this morning, I pulled out my phone to add something to the calendar, and I found that it had frozen. After ensuring that the power button didn't work, I pulled the battery and rebooted. It came up fine, except that the long presses on the physical keyboard have now stopped working. The SYM key also provides "\", rather than the expected behavior. The FN button in combination with keys still works, but I can't get accented characters like едц, which was working before.

I tried reflashing my current keymap, but no dice.

I tried changing the keyboard language to something else, but no dice.

Has anybody had a similar issue before, and how did you solve it?

lw_temp
Old
Thanks Meter 3
What rom do you use?
Also, double-check lang&input settings.
Phone: HTC Desire Z RU (S-off, ENG hboot, root, ROM: Andromadus Audacity B2[supercharger v6 + virtuous OC + fixed russian caller app + camera focus patch + search to recent])
Tablet: Asus TF101 Transformer (stock rooted ICS fw, keyboard dock)

jevring
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I'm using this ROM: [ROM][14-04-2012][Sense 4.0A][ICS][IceZSense beta 2 | HTC One V Port], http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1555309

I've used it for a fairly long time, and the keymap has worked fine since the pre-release of beta2. It worked perfectly fine until this freeze and hard reboot.

I guess I could re-flash the rom, and wipe my settings, but ideally I want to avoid that. While I've backed my apps at least up with Titanium Backup, I don't know about the system settings. Furthermore, it could be that any system settings that ARE backed up are causing this issue... =(

I tried changing the system language, both going from "English (Germany)" (my default) to "English (Sweden)" and "Swedish (Sweden)". Neither brings any changes.

I can't change the hardware keyboard layout, as only "English" is available.

jevring
Old
(Last edited by jevring; 16th April 2012 at 01:40 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Some keys, when held down, cause the letter to be repeated. Others simply cause the letter to appear and then nothing happens. There seems to be no reason why certain letters would behave this way. It's always the same letters, though. My guess is that letters that have multiple options for long press are those who do not repeat.