Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

[Q] N64oid input mapping Sixaxis

OP jgaf

10th January 2012, 07:20 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 23

153 posts
More
Probably asking too much and I'm pretty sure this would have to be done within n64oid but it would be nice to have actual analog support. As it is, you can't walk on Mario64, its a full out run or nothing. I can accept that because the emulator is awesome in all ways but analog support but... I can dream. If someone knows of a way to accomplish this, please share.
27th January 2012, 07:05 PM   |  #12  
Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 94

350 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappurnikus

Probably asking too much and I'm pretty sure this would have to be done within n64oid but it would be nice to have actual analog support. As it is, you can't walk on Mario64, its a full out run or nothing. I can accept that because the emulator is awesome in all ways but analog support but... I can dream. If someone knows of a way to accomplish this, please share.

I was searching for this too. Right now, using bluezIME, and a wii controller, analog works perfectly. Enabling rumble pack even makes the wiimote vibrate. It's pretty cool using the wiimote and a nunchuck. But I would love to use just the sixaxis controller and get a similar result.
7th April 2012, 03:47 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 7

59 posts
I know that this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you could help. None of "what works" seems to make sense as I simply don't see these options. I am using Sixaxis Controller version 0.5.4--were these instructions written for earlier versions of the app?

When I select "Preferences", I am given the options "Gamepad settings", "Keyboard emulation", "Mouse emulation", and "Touch emulation"...any ideas?
16th April 2012, 10:05 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
To the above poster, yes, go to Keyboard mappings. That gives you the ability to change the right analog mappings to "keystrokes" on the keyboard that N64oid senses from the analog stick.

I'm glad everyone got theirs to work, however, I can't seem to figure out why N64oid only detects the controller when you, "enable gamepad" in gamepad settings under the Sixaxis Controller preferences menu. EVERYthing else see's the controller when "enable gamepad" is checked off. PCE, Snes9x, and even the O/S itself when navigating around. When I "enable gamepad" this disables the friggen right analog stick.

All I want is some Halostyle Goldeneye!!!
Last edited by exelan; 16th April 2012 at 10:35 AM.
26th May 2012, 01:30 AM   |  #15  

4 posts
Will these work with Joystick Center v.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan_izer10

I figured it out! Here is a good setup for being able to use both joysticks!
Follow these instructions ( I have mapped the C buttons to the Right Stick accordingly)

Works great for mario and starfox

ORIGINAL MAPPINGS

Square = 0
Triangle = 1
Circle = 2
Cross = 3
L1 = 4
L2 = 5
R1 = 6
R2 = 7
L3(Analog 1) = 8
R3(Analog 2) = 9

Set these in SixAxis tool key

mappings
R-Analog Left = 1
R-Analog Right = 2
R-Analog Up = 8
R-Analog Down = 9
Triangle(A)
Circle(B)
Last 2 to prevent from interfering

Map these keys in N64Oid
A = 3(Cross)
B = 0(Square)
C-Left = 6 (Right Stick Left)
C-Right = 7 (Right stick right)
C-Up = 8 (Right Stick up)
C-Down = (Right Stick down)
L = 4(L1)
R = 6(R1)
Z = 5(L2)

Will these work with Joystick Center v.6 ?

I tried the mappings provided here and some do not work!
16th June 2012, 01:26 AM   |  #16  

4 posts
Using Sixaxis Controller

does anyone have a list with working keys for N64oid? in particularly Mario Kart64

or a short explanation on how to get it to work on a proper configuration .

thanks to anyone who can HELP.

I am using the bt/usb joystick center ap
11th July 2012, 03:09 PM   |  #17  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 516

1,835 posts
Donate to Me
More
i am having a similar problem as posted above.
i want to use the dualshock 3 controller as native android gamepad, an option that is given in the latest sixaxis app with android 3.x or above (i have a galaxy s2 with ics 4.0.4). and everything works great, except for the right analog stick.

if i mapped the controller buttons and sticks to keyboard inputs, it would require always changing the IME (which i don't want) and also, the left analog stick, does not work as analog, only digital.

in my current configuration, most games work great, but mario64 and zelda (OoT and Mm) require both the left stick to work as analog sticks AND the C-Buttons (best mapped to the right analog stick) to work properly to actually be able to play those games with success. currently i cannot work out how to accomplish that. could someone please point me in the right direction?

i've only had the controller for a few days and games like riptide, shadowrun and gta, that come with native controller support, currently work best for me. also, nes, snes and gba/gbc are no problem. it is only when you need the entire controller, like in n64oid that i run into problems. and as said before, i would not want to go through all the settings, whenever i decide to play another game.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread