5,599,677 Members 46,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQ] for developers - Finger Print lock Apps

Tip us?

tomh235
Old
Thanks Meter 40
You do realise that data defender is ridiculously insecure, you can just uninstall it to get to the protected apps :(

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Motorola Atrix 4g
Advent Vega - vegaICS beta 1

Retired: Xperia X10i, oodiemiui prime x - 1.2gHz

skakz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
would be nice to have an application that crypts/encrypts a simple text file through the fingerprint sensor..

bao481
Old
Thanks Meter 0
good idea!

klobass
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Miui

Hello.
Actually this exact functionality is on MIUI roms.. I was using it for a long time on SGS to get just some apps protected (pattern) or set of apps while in "restricted/visitor" mode and it was working amazingly well.
When i bought MAtrix i was little bit disappointed when i found out that fingerprint is not working in miui roms and therefore i still have to use pattern.

Incognitum
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I've been waiting since I bought the device for lastpass to allow FP swipe instead of entering master password each time. Perhaps I can rig something up between lastpass and datadefender... maybe throw some taskr between them.

shenoyh
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomh235 View Post
You do realise that data defender is ridiculously insecure, you can just uninstall it to get to the protected apps :(

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
If you set Gogole Play itself to be protected by datadefender, then you cannot uninstall it without a fingerprint scan. So that way it makes the whole thing secure.

tomh235
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenoyh View Post
If you set Gogole Play itself to be protected by datadefender, then you cannot uninstall it without a fingerprint scan. So that way it makes the whole thing secure.
Unfortunately I don't think you can secure the package manager so even if you lock the settings, you can just long press data defender in the app list to remove it. If it ran as an administrative process, you could just secure the settings and your phone would be much more secure.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Motorola Atrix 4g
Advent Vega - vegaICS beta 1

Retired: Xperia X10i, oodiemiui prime x - 1.2gHz

shenoyh
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Yeah, you are right - it does not lock package manager though it locks Google Play. I used SmartApp protector to lock Package Manager and DataDefender and DataDefender to lock all the other apps including Play Store which is used more frequently and can be fingerprint unlocked. So now its hopefully "air tight"...a little round-about method by using two apps to do the same job, but works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomh235 View Post
Unfortunately I don't think you can secure the package manager so even if you lock the settings, you can just long press data defender in the app list to remove it. If it ran as an administrative process, you could just secure the settings and your phone would be much more secure.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to shenoyh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]