FORUMS

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[REQ] for developers - Finger Print lock Apps

16th April 2012, 10:11 AM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
You do realise that data defender is ridiculously insecure, you can just uninstall it to get to the protected apps :(

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
 
 
16th April 2012, 03:06 PM |#32  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
would be nice to have an application that crypts/encrypts a simple text file through the fingerprint sensor..
20th April 2012, 07:49 AM |#33  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
good idea!
22nd April 2012, 01:13 PM |#34  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Miui
Hello.
Actually this exact functionality is on MIUI roms.. I was using it for a long time on SGS to get just some apps protected (pattern) or set of apps while in "restricted/visitor" mode and it was working amazingly well.
When i bought MAtrix i was little bit disappointed when i found out that fingerprint is not working in miui roms and therefore i still have to use pattern.
26th April 2012, 05:55 PM |#35  
Member
AK
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I've been waiting since I bought the device for lastpass to allow FP swipe instead of entering master password each time. Perhaps I can rig something up between lastpass and datadefender... maybe throw some taskr between them.
13th July 2012, 04:51 PM |#36  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomh235

You do realise that data defender is ridiculously insecure, you can just uninstall it to get to the protected apps :(

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

If you set Gogole Play itself to be protected by datadefender, then you cannot uninstall it without a fingerprint scan. So that way it makes the whole thing secure.
16th July 2012, 01:50 PM |#37  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenoyh

If you set Gogole Play itself to be protected by datadefender, then you cannot uninstall it without a fingerprint scan. So that way it makes the whole thing secure.

Unfortunately I don't think you can secure the package manager so even if you lock the settings, you can just long press data defender in the app list to remove it. If it ran as an administrative process, you could just secure the settings and your phone would be much more secure.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
20th July 2012, 09:33 PM |#38  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Yeah, you are right - it does not lock package manager though it locks Google Play. I used SmartApp protector to lock Package Manager and DataDefender and DataDefender to lock all the other apps including Play Store which is used more frequently and can be fingerprint unlocked. So now its hopefully "air tight"...a little round-about method by using two apps to do the same job, but works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomh235

Unfortunately I don't think you can secure the package manager so even if you lock the settings, you can just long press data defender in the app list to remove it. If it ran as an administrative process, you could just secure the settings and your phone would be much more secure.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to shenoyh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes