Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Properly Bricked Xoom - no screen whatsoever

OP Bloggorus

10th April 2012, 02:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
hi everyone, I have a challenge for you...

My MZ604 Wifi Xoom is completely unresponsive. No boot logo, no screen nothing.

A few months ago I flashed a US stock to get a hold of the ISC update. it went off without a hitch and I was very happy with it.

A few weeks ago I picked it up and it was black and not booting, even to the logo. Nothing.

The only things that light up are the white charging light when it is plugged in.

When I plug in the USB (Win7x64) it registers as a Motorola Flash Interface and charges through my computer- but not all the time.

I have tried many combinations of button pressing and holding, and the only indications I get that it is working underneath the black screen are the white front light going on and off and the device registering in device manager.

Oh, and it makes the battery low sound when low on battery, which i hope is a good sign.

Adb fastboot does not recognise the device no matter that I do.

Has anyone ever come back from this???

Desperate,

Bloggorus
10th April 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #2  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 715

3,019 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloggorus

hi everyone, I have a challenge for you...

My MZ604 Wifi Xoom is completely unresponsive. No boot logo, no screen nothing.

A few months ago I flashed a US stock to get a hold of the ISC update. it went off without a hitch and I was very happy with it.

A few weeks ago I picked it up and it was black and not booting, even to the logo. Nothing.

The only things that light up are the white charging light when it is plugged in.

When I plug in the USB (Win7x64) it registers as a Motorola Flash Interface and charges through my computer- but not all the time.

I have tried many combinations of button pressing and holding, and the only indications I get that it is working underneath the black screen are the white front light going on and off and the device registering in device manager.

Oh, and it makes the battery low sound when low on battery, which i hope is a good sign.

Adb fastboot does not recognise the device no matter that I do.

Has anyone ever come back from this???

Desperate,

Bloggorus

This might be a case for the Motorola Programming cable from the Black Hat Team (google it). You can also make one. There are instructions somewhere in one of these threads.

Have you tried to take the cover off and remove the batter(ies)? Look for the thread with instructions for that. You will need a Torx screwdriver (#5?).

I'll bet you can bring it back.
11th April 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs up
thanks okantomi,

I just ordered a torx set, hopefully a battery disconnect will work.

Very hard to figure this out, every single search i made for 'bricked xoom' came up with silly buggers with frozen boot screens. Not a real brick at all...

If you don't hear from me again, assume it's fixed!

Thank again
11th April 2012, 04:13 PM   |  #4  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 715

3,019 posts
More
Good luck!
16th April 2012, 11:15 AM   |  #5  
here
Thanks Meter: 24

242 posts
We havent hear from you since so hopefully you fixed your xoom!

Can you share your experience for whoever has simmilar issue....

Thanks
&
Good Luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread